Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Spiffy thinking of you all. Hope bubba is well when he arrives. At least you know he was a nice size a few weeks back. Even though his a few weeks from term I'm sure all will be well. Update when you can my lovely! Thinking of you all! Hugs xxxx

Thinking of you too Spiffy! I hope it all goes smoothly! Wishing I had that epi right now!

I'm trying really hard to write an update but it's hard to focus and is taking ages so this will be my last one till after baby is here I think.
I was 3 cms about an hour ago contractions have ramped up greatly and are not pleasant at all.
Midwife gave me a bit of a stretch when she checked but babys head is still is a stink position And sitting high and she believes baby is posterior still.
Which is why she said I could be calling her back in an hour or in a few hours we just dont know! But baby will be here overnight and will be sharing my son's birthday. Definitely labour!

Wow Spiffy! I popped in to check on Zypher and was shocked to see your post! Praying that Baby Asher is doing great!

Zypher, prayers for you as well!

All is well here. I've actually pretty much stopped contracting since I got the epidural and so they're just watching me to see what will happen now. Since I'm only 35 weeks, they don't want to do anything to augment labor, like pitocin or breaking my water, but they also don't want to send me home dilated 4+cm unless they know for sure that labor has stopped. So its just a waiting game now. :coffee:

Zephyr, I can't wait to hear about the birth of your little one! :flower:

Well spiffy I hope little guy decides to stay in and bake for a little longer. I guess either way it seems his coming sooner rather than later. Hugs xx

They just turned off my epidural to see what happens, but as of a few minutes ago, there's been no change to my cervix. The doctor explained that if they send me home, there's a good chance labor will start back up within the next few days, which will be very frustrating for me, though I'm sure the extra time will be good for baby. I'm at the point right now where I just want to either have this baby or go home. Being stuck here in the hospital with nothing happening is so annoying (and probably getting pretty expensive!). :wacko:

Oh boy so much going on!

Zephyr hope everything is going good! :) cant wait to hear an up date from you!

Spiffy keeping everything crossed for you and your LO, sending prayers your way :hugs:

Wow the full moon seemed to have done something! ;)

Zephyr - good luck, can't wait for some updates :)

Spiffy - wow it's all confusing, I hope baby Asher is doing ok in there and at least your waters haven't gone yet! I guess it's best to leave him to cook as long as possible but you are going to have to be on bed rest I think if you're going to keep him in there a bit longer. Hope you are feeling ok!

Lots of updates please ladies :) xxx

Good luck Zephyr!!!! Can't wait to get baby is here safe and sound!

Spiffy! Wow! Looks like the pumpkin costume will get used :) Hoping he gets an extra couple of days in your tummy!

My tiny update is so lame compared to labor lol! Got my 24 week appointment today :)

Spiffy at least even if he gets a few extra days in it's gotta be better? I guess they will see with the epi turned off. Must be frustrating right now!

Ttc that awesome you have your 24 week appointment! Exciting!

Xxx

Oh my goodness! I couldn't believe all the baby news on here! Zephyr and Spiffy I hope things go well for both of you.

Okay, baby is definitely coming today! My doctor came and checked me after the epidural had been off for a while and said I was almost 6cm dilated and 80% effaced, so she broke my water and turned the epidural back on. Wish me luck! (Who would have thought Zephyr and I would go into labor at the same time???)

I posted that last post at 11:20pm baby arrived at 12:48am!!

We had a girl 9lb 13!! Owww lol
And the midwife didnt arrive till 12:30 something so it was very close to being unassisted. No time to even get the back up midwife around.

I lay down on the couch cos I felt like pushing and I kept begging hubby to ring her again even though she was on her way. She lives half an hour away and it got so intense.
Hubby and my friend kept trying to move me off the couch onto the floor where the tarps and towels were but I kept telling them no way!! That if I move baby will come. There was no way I was budging from that couch till the midwife was there.
Midwife arrived I got down on the floor and sure enough she started coming. I had a few contractions then her head and body were both born in one big contraction.

Max slept on the couch the entire time, didn't even wake up during my noises. My middle daughter woke as she was born and came out about 30 seconds after.
She was born on my son's birthday too so he will wake up to a nice surprise soon.

Good luck Spiffy! I know its the 10th here and probably still the 9th where you are but that's so crazy it happened at the same time.
Must be something to do with the moon after all!

Wow! So defo baby news soon! Goodluck lovely! Looking forward to seeing little man! Eek!

Zephyr hope all is progressing nicely for you xx

Omg! Congratulations zephyr! Go you! I'm so pleased to read your news! Close call to not having the midwife. Nice big bubs too! Have you decided on her name?

Exciting! Much love to you all xx

And this is the little lady! She cried a whole lot and finally tried to feed. Shes sleeping very quietly on me now.

Attachments

• 20141010_025758.jpg
    20141010_025758.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back