Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Congratulations, Veronicaco! I'm so sorry things got scary and you didn't get the birth you wanted, but I'm so happy to hear that you're both doing well. I can't wait to see pictures! :flower:

Congratulations veronica! I hope you're both feeling well! I'm sorry for your scare! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Veronica I'm sorry that all happened. Hope you and corsten are both ok now. Looking forward to seeing some pictures! Hugs xxx

Vjean pleased to hear your home xx

Congrats Veronica! So glad you're both ok, but sorry it got scary. :hugs: Thanks so much for updating! I've been dying to stalk all day but been too busy at work.

VJean- great to hear from you! Glad you're all home together where you belong.

My scan is at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Can't wait to fond out which way up this baby is once and for all! And I have just 2 more work days left! :happydance:

Cangaroo yay to 2 more days at work!!!! Be good to find out what way this bubba is. Be good to know what's happening.

Xx

Thanks, M2C. :flower:

Cangaroo, you're so close to being done with work! I can't wait to hear how your scan goes tomorrow. :)

The lump at the top of my bump still feels very suspiciously head-like...

Canga, my next appt is tomorrow too. I asked last time and the lump at the top I swore was the head he said was actually the bum. Hopefully yours is the same and you won't have any breech worries. I'm feeling so blah today. Crampy. Id like to hope it would mean something but I think it's just her position. Gonna have a bath tonight after kids are gone to bed. She's been a lazy mover all night and today so between lack of sleep and bad pregnancy dreams I'm tired and being an over worrier. I am just ready to have her so I can stop being such a worry wart.

Jess, I can't believe you will have your baby in just a couple days! So exciting!

M2C, you are so close too! I'm trying to remember, are you scheduled for anything or waiting for spontaneous labor?

Congrats Veronica!! I didnt think there would be baby news when I checked in but had to catch up a few pages lol

still trying to do everything its a busy week for me. Feeling pretty stressed and not even about the kids. This whole house thing :( ugh I have people in my windows hammering and making heaps of noise as we speak and I just want to cry! It's awful actually feeding and trying to get my baby and twins to sleep.

Ah it's been an extremely eventful day over here... thought I'd update everyone...

So yesterday at triage they randomly did some blood work to check my antibody levels. As you all probably remember I have an antibody i somehow got last pregnancy....anti-kell. So my antibody level was low, hubby tested negative. They measure levels in titres and anything over 16 is monitored anything under is ok. Mine was 8 throughout until yesterday. Suddenly it's 64 which is extremely high. So now we think the baby may somehow be kell-positive but regardless, i am having to see a perinatologist (think they're called MFMs in UK).

I was surprised when my ob herself called me tonight and she's already scheduled everything. I go tomorrow at 1:45. I'm sure it's a better safe than sorry situation but it's still a little stressful. :( So that's where we're at. On the upside i get a really cool ultrasound tomorrow!

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Zephyr, that's completely ridiculous what your landlords are putting you through. :nope: I hope you find a new place soon. :hugs:

TTC, I remember you talking about being tested for anti-kell, and I'm sure you already said this, but I forgot, what happens if your baby is positive? I'm praying that he's not and that the rest of your pregnancy goes by as smoothly as possible. I just can't imagine dealing with antibody issues, an Irritable Uterus, probable blood transfusions, and pre-E worries. :( Hang in there. We're all thinking of you. :hugs:

Thanks spiffy!!!

From what i understand, anti-kell crosses the placenta and attacks blood cells that are positive for kell. So if he is positive, he could become severely anemic and develop something called hydrops. So basically they have to monitor to see how he is doing, then if he becomes anemic, he would need intrauterine transfusions. Or, if he was 32 weeks or more, they'd likely just deliver.
My instinct says he's probably negative, but there's a small chance that my husband would carry a mutated gene that wouldn't show up on a normal phenotype test and therefore my little guy could still be positive.
I know I have some decisions here...I am pretty sure they'll offer me an amnio but I'll want to decline as if he's negative it's invasive for no reason, but if he's positive it can potentially cause me to make more antibodies. I'll probably just agree to whatever monitoring and then we'll just go from there. Many appointments are in my future :) Lol!

I may need tips from you on how to have a super healthy preemie though spiffy! :) Most kell pregnancies are delivered around 35 weeks...

TTC, that all sounds so crazy. I think you're probably right to refuse the amnio, though, for the reasons you said. It wouldn't change anything, after all, and could make things worse. I'm hoping that there was a lab error, though, and that your antibody level is still normal. :hugs:

As for how to have an healthy preemie, all I can say is pray. We prayed that Asher would be born healthy, and the Lord answered our prayers. :flower:

Hugs TTC. Sorry you're having a stressful time, but at least the appointments were arranged quickly! If your OH was negative, it would surely be vanishingly rare for the baby to be positive... Definitely better safe than sorry, though!

Zephyr- sorry you're being put through so much stress. :( How long will the work be going on for?

Luvymom I'm just waiting to go into labour! My babies neve seem to be in a hurry though.

Zephyr I'm feeling for you right now. Can't be easy with all the noise! Hope they finish quickly so you can get some peace and quiet (well from the hammering at least)

Ttc I suppose it's good they decided to do those bloods so you know what going on but also I can only imagine how stressful all this is. What with your other worries you don't need this popping up again. Keep us updated lovely. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

Veronica hope you and corsten had a good night.

Jess another day down!!! Not long to go! Eek!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"