• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Zephyr congrats on the announcement!! :)

I am fighting the urge to tell everyone :) I want to SOOOO bad!!!

It is hard not to tell! I wanted to wait longer but poor hubby has been itching to tell everyone since we first found out lol he even went baby clothing shopping before I did :p

Jess great great news about bubba! So lovely seeing that little flickering heart. When is your next scan? Looking forward to seeing how your going to announce your pregnancy. Love all the ideas.

Cangaroo Goodluck with today.

Zephyr I love that your hubby already went shopping!

So for me I feel awful!! On top indies been super poorly which I now seem to have! Yuk. Started b6 this morning so hopefully I'll see some kind of improvement! Nearly Monday! Fingers crossed for me ladies! Hope bubba has grown! Xxx

Some sad news from me I'm afraid, I had my scan and no HB and measuring very small considering I am now nearly meant to be 10 weeks, so I have had what I feared, maybe I just knew, I think I did tbh. Feeling a bit odd and now just want to miscarry and move on.

Good luck ladies with the rest of your pregnancies, hope it's all plain sailing for you and hope to be back somewhere with pregnant ladies again soon. X

I'm so sorry Charlie. :hugs: Are they going to scan you again? Could your dates be wrong?

Thinking of you.

Charlie, I'm so sorry to hear that! :cry: I really hoped that we wouldn't have to say goodbye to anyone on this thread. :( I'm thinking of you and your DH. Take it easy hun. :hugs: I hope to see you back in the trimester forums soon.

Jess, I really like the Easter egg idea!

Zephyr, that's kind of how we did it this time. Just announced to people without anything too clever. The last two pregnancies, I announced with a poem. The first time I said this:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Until March 19th,
I'll be eating for two.

And for DS, I made up this poem and posted it New Year's Eve:

As we ring in this brand new year,
I feel so blessed with my loved ones near.
My dear sweet husband, the love of my life,
Who made me a truly happy wife,
Alia, our sweet little baby girl,
Who came along and changed our world.
And a new little one who remains to be seen,
Until July 26th 2013!

Charlie15 im so sorry hun :hugs: I was wondering the same thing....could your dates be wrong? Are they going to rescan you? :hugs:

Spiffy those poems are cute! Did you write them?
I used to write poems a lot when I was younger, I havent wrote anything in a few years lol seeing those makes me want to write something now :)

Well, I got the idea for the first poem from somebody else, but I wrote the second one. I love to write and have written lots of poems, plus, 6 full length novels. Nothing's been published though. Mostly I just write for fun. :flower:

My midwife appointment went well today. It was a midwife I saw last time around, which was a surprise since we've moved! We did all the paperwork etc. They've changed the system so I have to wait for an appointment letter to come in the post. I'll also be having a consultant appointment before 16 weeks due to an obstructed labour last time resulting in a complicated c-section as I was told I should have an elective section next time. I might objet baby's birthday before 20 weeks!

The only thing that was less than ideal was the midwife suggesting I probably need to wean Isabella. I explained I was fully informed and am happy to breastfeed through pregnancy, which she accepted.

Oh Charlie I'm so sorry honey. You know when I had my molar scan I kinda knew something was up... Not that it helps in grieving. Will the scan again? Hugs for you xxx

Thanks ladies. I am pretty sure the dates are right as I was charting, so can pinpoint when I ovulated. I had a scan at 6+4 and baby was there measuring fine but it would have been shortly after that that it stopped growing and as I am nearly 10 weeks, so pretty certain it's gone. Just waiting to miscarry now, horrible been in limbo land.

Anyway good luck ladies I am sure I will see you all somewhere on b&b x

M2c I hope the b6 works for you! Is it one you take a few times a day?

Spiffy I loved those poems, they are really cute!!
I don't think I ever announced in any sort of creative way. The twins I posted my scan pic at 6.5 weeks saying "yup its twins" and again this time I posted my scan pic.

I found it so funny how many people commented and liked it. Here I was thinking only a handful of people see my posts.....then again im probably boring always posting about my kids lol

Cangaroo is there a problem with breastfeeding during pregnancy? I cant say ive read much into it myself so I wouldnt have a clue.
im hoping mine weans before hes two but he is not showing any signs of it and he refuses cups of milk so I dont really know what im going to do with him :p
anyone I know suggests awful ways to wean him all of which I couldnt do as I don't want to force it. I figured he will when he's ready to.

Zephyr: For a well nourished mum with a low risk pregnancy, there is no evidence I know of that breastfeeding will cause any problem. There's a fantastic book called "Adventures in tandem nursing" which goes through all the evidence as well as practicalities and anecdotes from tandem nursing mums. I read it to inform myself before TTC whilst breastfeeding, and am reading it again now that I'm pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->