Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies! Same here Spiffy...I have lost weight this pregnancy because I have been so sick and I tend to get diarrhea too rather than constipation when I am pregnant.

We have found a lovely midwife practice here in Canada for my hopeful non-hospital VBAC. Feeling really excited and hopeful! <3

So I know that midwives are more the norm in the UK, and OBs are the norm in the US. Krippy, which is the norm in Canada? Oh, and are you finding out the gender or staying Team Yellow? Jess has a list on the first page, so she can add you. :flower:

Well I'm starting off lighter than I was before I had dd but I only seem to stop feeling sick while I'm eating so my hips are already a bit puffy and with the bloat I'm going to be reaching for the stretchy leggings sooner than expected lol

Sorry you Gus are feeling bad! I was so so sick with dd couldn't move for feeling nauseous so it's been easier this time with the odd waves of nausea. Hope you guys get some relief soon xxx

Well, even though I'm lighter than I have been since 2011, doesn't mean I don't look 4 months pregnant already because of bloat. I've already pulled out my maternity pants because they're more comfortable. :dohh:

I put on a fair bit of weight with Corban but then lost it all and more when I had the chemo. I started off not gaining but gained towards the end of indies pregnancy but soon got back to my pre Corban weight. So far I'm eating a little less so this may go like indies pregnancy. Because of my sickness it's making me think girl! Argh!

Xxx

Yeah, I'm hoping to do better this time around. I gained 40 pounds in both of my pregnancies, and am determined to gain less this time!

M2C, are you hoping for another girl, or another boy?

I think I'd prefer another girl because I never had a sister, and want my DD to have one, but I think it will be a boy. But I'm okay with that, too. :flower:

Hey krippy :)

im in new zealand and our pregnancy care and births here are free. We use independant midwives. When its time for birth they almost always deliver at the hospital (unless you choose homebirth )and the midwife
Delivers unless something goes wrong and she hands over care to the hospital.
you only see a hospital ob if you are considered high risk, so for me my last pregnancy because it was a multiple pregnancy I was handed over from midwife to hospital care at 28 weeks.

I currently have a midwife who does home visits! Its great.

how would I know if my supply has dropped?
I am incredibly sore feeding and he keeps wanting to feed more and more so my nipple hurts a lot (I can only feed off one breast) I dont know whether he is biting me or not. It kinda feels like he is a little bit but he never has this often (every feed) and when I say ow stop that he always stops it if he is biting but the pain continues now so I dont think its his latch. We havnt had an issue till now.
also he doesnt seem to wet his nappy much over night lately.
he wakes during the night to feed and since he co sleeps it keeps me awake now because it hurts so much.
could it be because im not making as much now?

Zephyr, it does sound as if your supply could have dropped. Mine hasn't yet- I know as I can still hand express if I try and Isabella is quite happy. It's a little sore at tines, though, so we're having to be careful with the latch.

I survived day 1 at work! Phew. I've felt less tired today, thankfully as I felt awful yesterday.

Thanks! I know there's still some there but not sure how much :/ I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Hey there ladies :hi: how has everyone been ?
:hi: Hi Krippy!

Sorry I haven't been on much, things have been crazy lately. We moved over the weekend so needless to say im exhausted..... and my house is a mess lol

Hope everyone is doing good, I need to do some serious catching up!

Midwives are becoming more popular in Canada but I think the norm are GPs and OBs as there are a lite of rural communities. I am really excited now that I know what my complications are in pregnancy to enjoy and being pregnant this time around.

We are staying team yellow just like with the boys. It is so exciting!

DD is 14.5 months old, still breastfed and we just found out we are expecting again (probably near the end of November). No plans to wean yet :)

Jess, good luck with getting the house sorted! Moving is so stressful. We've still got loads to do and we moved nearly a month ago. Can you please put me on the front page on team "tell me"? I've been missed off!

Hi hoping4mybump! :wave:

Jess, I know exactly how you feel because it's still very fresh in my mind. :haha: We're up and running, but still have lots of boxes to go through. Kind of makes me wonder how much we really need the stuff in those boxes if we haven't missed them yet. :dohh: By the way, loved your Easter announcement on facebook. :flower:

Cangaroo, I'm glad your first day back to work went well. :thumbup:

Krippy, if you don't mind me asking, was what happened with your first son a complication that could happen again? I only ask because you said you know what your complications are now. I still can't even bear to think about how that must have been for you. :hugs:

Zephyr, it does sound like your supply is dropping. Were you trying to make it to 2 years, or were just seeing how it went?

I lost RJ from undiagnosed gestational diabetes...I tested negative at 28 weeks and developed it later with both of my boys. We only figured it out when I was pregnant with Raif as I had the same symptoms and refused to leave the hospital until they figured out what was going on. So now with a low glycemic diet and exercise I will hopefully have a smaller baby and easier pregnancy. If I do develop GD I will be able to control it with diet. :)

Krippy I'm so sorry for the loss of your little boy.

I'm curious as to whose hoping for/having for birth? Any c-sections? Home birth hopefuls etc?

Xxx

Hi hoping4 :)

Krippy, so sorry for your loss :( good for you putting your foot down with the hospital second time around.

I'm having a hospital birth due to my risk of retained placenta because of my bicornuate uterus. I like the safety net of being there as the birthing centre is at least half an hour away if things go wrong. Ideally I'd have another natural with just g+a but I will do whatever is necessary to get baby out safe :)

Wow, Krippy, I'm glad you figured out what was going on the second time around. I honestly never knew that GD could be that dangerous. :nope:

As for birth, it'll be a straight up hospital birth with an epidural for me. I really have no desire to do it natural, and while I think it might be more relaxing to be at home, they don't do epidurals at home. :haha:

Anyone consider Waterbury? Or had one?

I would like a home birth but.... I'm going to see how confident I feel nearer to the time if not I'll go midwife again as it felt a little more relaxed. I done it twice naturally so I'm hoping I'll have the confidence of a home birth!

Xxx

I had a very long natural labour last time. In the end, though I got to 10cm, there was no descent. I was stuck at 10cm for ages despite syntocinon (Pitocin in the US). I ended up with a c-section. At the time if surgery, there were clear signs it had been an obstructed labour which caused some minor complications. I was therefore told that unless I have a spontaneous early labour with a small-ish baby I should have an elective c-section. I'm seeing the consultant in May to discuss this.

I would really rather have a natural birth. I laboured very well considering the length of it but fell at the last hurdle. However, I know I did everything I could last time and there was real obstruction despite the fact she was in the perfect position. I therefore feel reasonably sure that elective c-section is necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->