Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

We're doing good, here! Asher is sitting up unsupported for nice long stretches (until he tries to reach something too far away :dohh:). He still wakes up to eat twice a night, but that's still better than our other two were doing at this point, so I can't complain. I tried a little rice cereal last week to see if he was interested, but he definitely wasn't. :haha: Here's a few recent pics. :flower:

How are you doing?

Attachments

• WP_20150310_13_16_52_Pro 1.jpg
    WP_20150310_13_16_52_Pro 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
  • WP_20150309_12_56_20_Pro 1.jpg
    WP_20150309_12_56_20_Pro 1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2
  • WP_20150220_15_14_11_Pro 1.jpg
    WP_20150220_15_14_11_Pro 1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
Wow spiffy!!!!! I can't believe he's already sitting.unassisted!!!!!! And twice a night is great! Oh my goodness they are absolutely adorable! I squealed out loud at his pictures and the one of all of them! How is Liam doing? Did he start the therapy? And how are you feeling?

We are doing well! Just took Kade to his 18 month checkup and Jude to his 2 month (on the same day...what was I thinking )! Jude got his shots and did great! He also weighs 10lbs 14oz now so he's gaining great now :) Kade had a perfect checkup except we're being sent back to the orthopedic surgeon to reevaluate his hip next month. he's walking ok but is very clumsy and one foot still turns out more than the other. So we'll see what they say :) I'm doing pretty well. It's a lot harder to lose the weight this time so I'm a tiny bit bummed. I think having a section also has something to do with it... I'm trying not to focus on it. DH and I are having a hard time finding time to spend with each other. We've only dtd ONCE since ds2 was born! Hoping it will improve soon!

Liam is doing great! In the past month, he's gone from saying no real words, to now attempting to say all sorts of things. Most of his words are just consonant-vowel sounds ("Ba" for bath, "Na" for snack) but it's still a huge improvement!

I'm feeling pretty good. The antidepressants have made such a huge difference for me, and I'm just all around happier and balanced. :flower: But I, too, have a bit of weight to lose and it's not coming off very easy. :nope:

Sounds like Jude is growing great! I hope things go well for Kade with the orthopedic surgeon. I'll be praying that it's just something that can be corrected with a little therapy, and not surgery. I know how you feel with not having much time with DH, though I'm sure your situation is worse. For me, it's not so much that I never see my DH, it's just that lately, when he's here, he's not really "here" because he's thinking about all the things he has to get done at work. They just hired someone else to help reduce his work load, so hopefully that will help. :flower:

Hi everyone! Great to see your positive updates. :) They're all doing so well!

We're all well here. Susanna would very much like to be able to sit (and crawl, and roll!) but is obviously not yet strong enough. She's just started tripod sitting for short periods. She never wakes me up in the night, so I'm not sure if/how much she feeds by helping herself! I still wear her in the sling every day, which she loves. I can now back wrap her, which helps! DD1 continues to be a fantastic big sister.

So good to hear from everyone! Sounds like we're all going through some similar stuff. I have 10 pounds left to lose still. It's slow moving because I realized I have diastisis recti. So I'm working really hard to heal it as much as I can. I bought the mutu system (I think it's making a difference already) and I'm going to start the 21 day fix workouts with modifications.

Berlynn is pretty consistent at sleeping through the night. Her naps aren't very long though. we just got over sickness with the other kids so they made sure I wasn't getting a full night sleep. She has no desire to roll over our anything. She's a pretty mellow, easy going gal.

My husband travels a lot for work. He's home this week but was gone the 2 weeks before and will be gone again next week. Not sure what his schedule for April is yet.

Good luck on Kade's next appointment. Great job Liam on talking.

So ladies...... Anyone in here thinking of trying (or NTNP) for another one already? :wacko::winkwink:

We're actually on our first cycle of NTNP! I'm sure people will think we're crazy, but we just felt like this was the right thing for us. :flower:

EDIT: I think I *may* have gotten a faint BFP today!

Wow spiffy congrats :)

Vjean, we would love to ntnp already! But unfortunately after my c section my dr strongly recommended waiting a bit. So I'm hoping by next Jan we will be ttc or at least ntnp. I really hope to try for a vbac next time! :)

We are also thinking of adopting our next one so we are going to start looking into that now and praying if it's the right path. I do want to have more babies biologically but my dh always thought we'd end up adopting :) So if that works out even sooner than next year we'd be thrilled :)

How are you ladies????

Wow Spiffy! That's amazing! Keep us updated for sure!

TTC, we've talked about adoption as well! I'm interested to see how your journey goes!

I still haven't got AF back, but I expect her in the next few months and am not sure what we'll do. Maybe just go with the flow and see what happens? Maybe time it right so we don't get pg....

Still after my rainbow here. Never thought it would take this long! I had a dream that i was BF my youngest, at least I think it was him. Maybe it was my rainbow? lol 3DPO now and hoping its a lucky cycle. Its a leap year this year so I would love to have a baby feb 29th. If I do get pregnant I will be due March 2nd

Wow spiffy, how exciting!! Any updates yet?

Sorry you're still waiting mo2p. How frustrating. :hugs:

We're almost certainly not having any more. I'd love to do the whole pregnancy and newborn thing again, but though I want another baby, I don't really want 3 children! I keep thinking about the expense and practicalities that go with having more. OH is sure he's done at 2.

DD1 finally weaned a couple of weeks ago just after her 4th birthday. I'm so proud of her! She said she'd stop when she was 4, but when her birthday came, she just couldn't stop. We talked about cutting down and maybe only feeding every other day, but she was very resistant. However, within a week aged got used to the idea and just stopped asking! All it took was a few busy days for her to forget to ask. I'm pleased it was so easy in the end as I was ready for her to be done.

Well, I got a few faint lines on some cheapies (as well as all the symptoms I usually get in early pregnancy) and now I'm not getting anything, so I don't know what happened. I was sure I was pregnant, so I'm a bit depressed now. But oh well.

Mo2P, I really hope this is your month!

Cangaroo, that's great that DD1 weaned all right. :)

TTC and VJean, that's great that you guys are thinking adoption. DH and I have talked about it a little, but we figure if we do, it'll be down the road, once we're done having our biological children.

Spiffy, I'm sorry you're sad, and I understand that feeling!:hugs:

Mo2P, I'm sorry you are still waiting! Your rainbow is out there thou! FX'd this is your month!

Cangaroo,so glad it was an easy transition for your daughter! That's fantastic! Is it weird only nursing one now?

How is everyone's baby doing with solids? We did delayed solids and are doing Baby Led Weaning....it was a slow start but he's really picked up on it the past few weeks. I was excited for him to try solids, but now I can't imagine why I wanted him too...on nights where I need a quick meal (like pizza delivery), I still have to throw some veggies or something on the stove for Keegan! No more lazy mom dinners! :haha:

VJean, I've been soooo lazy about doing solids with Asher. Alia and Liam are both picky eaters, so I spend all my energy getting them to eat, so I admit, I sometimes skip solids and just give Asher a bottle so it's one less stress. :blush:

spiffy I'm sorry :hugs:

Hi Cangaroo :) Glad to hear you're doing well!

Jude is 5 months now so we haven't started solids yet, but I'm hoping to wait as long as possible lol :) I'm right there with you guys :)

Sorry spiffy. :hugs:

It's not weird only nursing one, actually. I was very ready for DD1 to stop, and she'd been down to just one sorry feed a day for ages. It feels like the right time!

DD2 was offered her first solids at her sister's birthday party, so she was 2 days off 6 months. We baby led wean too. She's taken to it really well! Her favourite food is strawberry so far, but she also particularly loves broccoli, asparagus, potato, chicken, carrot and sweet potato. She doesn't eat much of anything yet, of course, and hardly ate anything lady week as age had a child, but is really enjoying it which is the main thing! I'm not too fussed about her missing meals e.g. if ages asleep at the wrong time. Are you all still breastfeeding (except spiffy)?

Still breastfeeding here :) I'm actually really proud of myself because I honestly didn't think I'd be able to do it! Jude had a lot of weight issues at first but now he's a chunk at 16 lbs!!!! And to think he didn't gain anything the first 2 weeks and wasn't back to birth weight until a month old!

Cangaroo, it sounds like dd1 had a lovely long nursing relationship with you :) Great job :)

Hi! I got my BFP last week. Getting a scan done Friday since it's a new doc and they want a scan before they will prescribe me progesterone. I'm not expecting to see a heartbeat though since I don't think I'm as far along as they think. (They are going by the numbers, I'm going by my body o signs)
Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->