Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Cangaroo in sorry to hear that Hun. I always think main thing is bubba is safe and if a section is safer then I think that is what should be done. Are you consultant led? Xxx

Yes, I agree. It will also give me the best chance of a nice relaxed c-section with skin to skin in theatre etc as I can request it in advance. Much harder in an emergency. I'm fairly ok about it. I recovered very well last time!

I'm low risk for pregnancy itself, it's just delivery that's a little complicated. I'll probably only see the consultant once and will otherwise be midwife-led.

I think that the best birth is one that makes the mother feel the most comfortable (and is safest for baby, obviously). For some women, that's at home in a tub, and for others it's in a hospital with a C-section because they can relax knowing know their baby will be safe.

There are women who look down on other women because they don't go natural, but I don't let that bother me, because for me, I feel most comfortable being numbed, so that I can just enjoy the whole process, relax, joke around with DH even while I'm pushing, and have some energy left over for baby after the birth. :flower:

I totally agree! Everybody has there own personal preference and what they feel happy with. I don't think you should be made to feel rubbish with your choice as it's your body and your baby. Aslong as your both safe that's most important.

Think I'm more worried about this labour than the other two though! Having 4 hours pushing to 6 minutes I wonder what the hell will happen next! Argh!

Xxx

I had the same thing happen! In fact, I told the doctor who delivered my second baby that I had to push for over three hours the first time, so she said we would just try a practice push, to see what it looked like, but she wasn't going to put on her gown quite yet. Well, one practice push later, she was reaching for her gown. :haha:

Krippy sorry for your loss of your boy :(

spiffy yes I was planning on making two years and hopefully weaning around then however I was hoping he would self wean when he was ready to so I didnt really have a date in mind I was just going to gently cut his feeding down a little after 2.

Ive had 2 natural drug free births, the first was a shock to the system lol and so the next I decided not to do that again but the awful midwife I had forced it on me :( I was begging the whole time and she kept telling me I wasnt in enough pain. Even when he started coming she said you cant push your not fully dialated and I started screaming at her that if I cant push she better get me some effin drugs then. She was still mid internal when I said it and she pushed my cervix over his head and said "too late push now" I remember it like yesterday it was an awful birth experience.

Soooo im not keen on trying a drug free birth again however I will attempt a home water birth with gas and if I can't handle I'll transfer to hospital.

I love epidurals! Feeling nothing is fantastic lol

I think your midwives make or break your labour. I've been lucky both times that my midwives were just amazing.

Today I'm trying to eat little and often! So far had a bananna, porridge and 2 bits of peanut butter on toast..... Still feel horrible...... We will see!!!

Xxx

They sure do! I had the same one for my other pregnancies except that one experience, that was a new midwife and only cos mine wasnt taking more at that time.
I'm in a new town so a new midwife again eeek but my neighbour had her and swears she is awesome. So far she has been good :)

Good luck with your snacking! I hope it helps.

Well, for me it's been nurses and OBs, but my new OB is so much better than my old one. I was a bit disappointed when I went in to give birth to DS that it was a different OB on call, but she turned out to be awesome, too, so it was fine.

M2C, did you try the B6? Did it help?

Zephyr - I'm so sorry, it's such a violation when they don't respect your choices.

I was really lucky with my midwives, the first was young, fresh,positive and full of lovely modern practices she made me feel empowered. Then they changed shift halfway through pushing and a matronly one came in with a student. She came in told me to change to on my back from squatting and pushed my knees right up. They were also great and the first midwife stayed to see dd born. It was a good experience and while very painful I would have done it again straight away.

They were just what I needed after two days of back labour. I totally agree that their attitude is crucial and an make or break the experience for you.

Waiting for my dr to call me today as I think I need some sickness meds. I'm really really struggling. I feel sick if I eat, I feel sick if I don't! I feel sick when I drink. 24/7 yuk. Got a headache today as well so that's not helping!

How's everyone else?

Xxx

Spiffy, love the announcement ideas. We still haven't told anyone but my sister and DHs parents. DH accidentally let it slip to them, as he was still supposed to wait. Oh well it's his baby too, I guess. :haha:

I don't know when I'll announce, or how yet. Ill have to get on pintrest and see what I can find.

As far as labor, I have had 3 all natural births and then I had an epidural with my 1 y/o DD. My labor plan for this baby is to schedule my induction at 39 weeks, have them start my epidural before I get the first drop of pitocin, then sleep/relax until I hit 10cm and have to start pushing!:rofl:

My labor with my 'lil DD was so much more enjoyable with an epidural, until they realized she was over 10lbs and had her shoulders stuck. I am sure there is no way I could have handled the pain of what they did get her out without the epidural!

M2C, I hope you can get something for your sickness. That sounds absolutely awful. :nope: :hugs:

VJean, a 10 pounder? Wow! I'm glad she was okay despite the shoulder dystocia. Well, you'll have to let us know what kind of announcement you decide on. :flower:

So is anyone else showing yet? I have a really short torso and tend to show early, but I thought maybe it wouldn't happen as soon this time because I'm a little lighter than I was with DS, but I'm getting to the point where I suck in my stomach first thing in the morning, and there's a little bump that doesn't go away, unlike last week.

https://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q761/Jordyn_Koch/8weeks3_zps80c3eaac.jpg

I'm kinda late, but I'd love to join you! I'm still breasfeeding my almost 1 yr old and 7 weeks pregnant! @spiffynoodles, I'm also in Utah! And showing a ton. But this is technically my eleventh pregnancy. Will be my 5th child. So I expect to always show early. I'm having a hard time drinking water. Anyone have some tips to gag it down so I can keep my milk supply fairly up? I add lemon oil which helps but it still makes me sick. Does anyone know if it's safe to add fresh ginger?

luvymom, lots of pregnant women use ginger for morning sickness, so I think it should be fine. I'm sorry to hear about all of your losses. :( Where in Utah are you? I'm in Magna. :flower:

I really need too vent girls, im sorry. But heres whats been going on with me

ill start 9 years ago with how it happened to me first. My ex husband is prone to cold sores and one day he
preformed oral on me and didnt realize he was about to have an out break :( sure enough about 5 days later I have an out break (down there) and I now have herpes :(
After the initial breakout I didnt have one until i got pregnant. I was only a few weeks pregnant when I had it. I got treatment and it cleared up right away. I went in for an ultrasound around 9-10 weeks and the baby didnt have a heartbeat :( they said it happened around the 8 week mark. I had to have a DNC. About 6 months later I got pregnant with DS abnd everything was fine, no outbreaks or anythig
Fast forward a few years another outbreak, nothing big, took the meds and it cleared up. A few more years go by without a breakout.
My last break out (before this current one) was back in November, right around the time my cycles returned after nursing. From what I read hormones, stress and a weakened immune system will trigger an out break.
Well I again have an out break early in pregnancy and I'm freaking out! :( from what I've read having an outbreak in the 1st trimester can cause a miscarriage :( I've already had it happen once
my 2 successful pregnancies I never had one and the only baby I lost I had an outbreak.
I called the dr today because im 8 weeks (thats when the last baby stopped growing) and I want them to check on my lo and see if he/she is still growing strong but the nurse didn't seem to care at all :( idk what to do
I barely had any pregnancy symptoms to begin with and I dont feel any different now. I figured by the 6 to 8 week mark I would feel more pregnant but I dont and its not helping :(

sorry for the long rant girls, I just have SO much going on right now really need to vent girls so im going to apologize in advance :) sorry

Jess, I'm sorry you're going through this right now. :( While I can't offer much advice about the outbreaks, I can say that having little to no symptoms can be totally normal. Remember how just a week ago I posted about how I was having zero symptoms? I think in the time that we've both been pregnant, you've probably had way more symptoms than I have. And even though I've never had MS in my pregnancies, I did have a good deal of queasiness and food aversion with DD and I had everyday headaches with DS. This time, none of that. So don't let that part of it worry you. :hugs:

I hope that your doctor will offer you some sort of reassurance, though. When is your next scheduled appointment?

I'm sorry Jess. Like spiffy said it's normal not to have symptoms so try not let that worry you to much. Can you push for a scan? Or talk to your dr? Don't worry about ranting your worried so it's ok. Best to vent I think. I say push for a scan to ease your mind.

Xxx

Hey Jess! My symptoms are really hit or miss and generally I feel 'normal' despite 3 months of feeling so so pregnant last time.
I don't know anything about herpes I'm afraid but please try not to worry if you haven't had cramps or bleeding things are likely to be progressing well. Sending you bigs hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->