Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

When we talk to her about how we don't know the gender and can't decide, we tell her only God knows. She replies: "Yes! Jesus knows. And the baby knows. And I know. It's a girl!" We'll see!

That so cute cangaroo! Kids are so funny.

Well I had my appointment this morning for my breast with a lady doctor and she says she thinks I need to be evaluated by the breast surgeon and she thinks I should be seen sooner so shes asked me to find out how much a private consult is. She thinks it will be less than $200 and its up to me on whether I choose to go that way or not otherwise I could be in for a long wait going through the free public healthcare system.

I felt like a real idiot cos I just burst into tears haha gotta love pregnancy hormones!
The pain is so bad now though that when she examined me thats when I started getting teary :( I did feel silly, I feel like im worrying over nothing. I'm sure being a doctor they probably get that a lot tho.

Everything else has been good. Have my scan not this coming Monday, but next.
We have names picked, my natures sway hammock is almost paid off and should be delivered this month sometime.
ive been buying newborn nappies in the shopping each week. I cant remember how many we went through with a single baby (with the twins we went through heeeeeaps) and my last single was 5 years ago!

How many packs of 30 do you guys think I will need?

I was through newborn really quickly but if you said 6 a day, 7 days a week for four weeks.... Round up to a multiple of 30 and you have 180 so 6 packs? My problem was leaking the explosive breastfeeding pops so we sized up to contain them lol :) x

Haven't a clue. I'm gonna start doing the same soon. Gonna get a few of each size. Indie wasn't in newborn size 1s for long. Are you stocking up on wipes too?

Xxx

Alia was 5lbs 7oz at birth, so she was in newborn for a long time. Liam however, was probably in them for a month. But we get all our diapers from Amazon in their big 200 diaper packs. The great thing is, we had unopened packs in those boxes in a few different sizes after Liam outgrew them, so we already have a little stash of newborn, size 1, 2, and 3 already. :flower:

Zephyr, I'm sorry that appointment got you worried, but it is one of those things that's better to be safe than sorry about. :hugs:

Aww, our church just released this sweet Mother's Day video. I love being a mom! :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ4TPn8hjxI

Sorry you are in so much pain Zephyr! Hope they are able to figure it out soon.

We are buying 1 pack of newborn diapers and 1 pack of size 1. Haddie didn't fit into newborn and I worry about the size of this baby, although the doc has promised to not let me get too big!

We'll use disposable for the first week or two while the baby passes meconium and adjusts to breastmilk, then we will switch over to cloth diapers while I am on maternity leave. After that we will have to buy disposable diapers for day care but will continue using cloth at home. With DD I was so lucky that our daycare let us use cloth there. But now she is in a new day care and hopefully new baby will be able to get in there as well. It took a year for DD on the waiting list, but once you have a sibling in the program your wait us usually shorter....I sure hope that is the case!

In other news, my DD has finally weaned. I'm sad but relieved at the same time. I miss our cuddles, but love being able to sleep all night! Only now my boobs hurt! WTH? I made it all the way thru first tri without a single episode of bood-soreness and NOW it starts? Ugh! I know it isn't from engorgement because I didn't have any milk left. According to DD my "milk is broken". :cry: Hopefully it is short lived!

Spiffy - I love that video! Made me cry! :cry:

Sorry vjean :( good you are getting more sleep tho!! And good she understands. Mine doesn't, he still tries to feed even tho there is barely anything there.

I use cloth with the twins have done since 6 months old and will again this time from 6 months ish.

I decided I would test out reusable wipes so I brought 80 or so baby clothes and made a solution with water, rose water and witch hazel and its actually pretty good.

So im not sure if I will stock up on baby wipes. I may do just for the early weeks tho.

Glad to hear that everything is looking good, M2C! Love the picture. :flower:

Congratulations M2C! Beautiful picture. I love seeing all these babies at last!

Booked a private scan today for 31st may, the tech that does it also works for the epu at our local hospital so I'm quite pleased she can do a well being check and gender scan in one! 3 weeks and one day til we find out boy/girl :) counting the days :)

Who had got the next scan coming up? X

I have my consultant appointment next Wednesday, midwife on 9th June and 20 week scan 7th July! Lots coming up.

Still exhausted...

That's awesome, Veronicaco! I had a private gender scan with DD, and the tech used to be an OB in Europe, so I felt pretty confident that he knew what he was talking about when he said everything looked good (even though he told me that he wasn't technically supposed to say anything about the health of the baby).

Cangaroo, I'm still exhausted, too. :(

As for me, my 20 week scan is June 24th, although I still need to make sure that it will work with DH's schedule.

Great pic M2C! Love the profile shot!

I had a private scan today and there was no doubt this baby is a boy! He wouldn't give us a profile shot, but attached is my favorite pic.

https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/71ffd2e4c415eb78c607dd83a7e9c0a9.jpg

Veronica can't believe you will find put the sex so soon! Exciting. Will you start buying bits?

Vjean lovely scan!

I have midwife on the 27th may and next scan on the 27th June. My consultant had no knowledge about molars! Waffled on a load of shit and signed me back to the midwife.

Xxx

I finally had a good day where I didn't feel absolutely miserable! YAY! I did a short workout and some cleaning! But then I was sick the following day and so-so today. Hoping that means it will start slowing down and I'll actually get a good second trimester! How is everyone else feeling? That's so exciting VJean that you already know what you're having! And everyone else is finding out so soon! I won't get my gender appt until the end of June more then likely. My next appt is on the 28th. I'll be 15 weeks. That's the scary one for me as I've lost two babies at 15 weeks, so I try not be nervous but I'll sure be glad to have a healthy baby past that point and not stress as much.

Vjean, great scan although I feel a bit silly because I'm not sure what parts I'm looking at. :dohh: Can you tell me?

M2C, I can't believe your consultant didn't know about molars! Pretty worthless!

Luvymom, I'm so sorry you've had such late losses. :( I can't even imagine. I'm sure this baby will be just fine, though. :hugs:

As for sickness, I seem to be out of the woods! Around 11 and 1/2 weeks is when I started to feel a little better, and now I'm pretty much back to normal.

Oh, and I was just thinking today that I haven't really felt baby move lately (which I know is not really a concern this early on) but tonight I poked at my tummy and felt baby squirm a little, so then I poked it again, and felt another little squirm. So yay! Baby is definitely still in there. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->