Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

I also forgot to add In my last post about working next year regardless of whether I get a part time job or not on one of hubbys days off each week I'll be volunteering at a bird sanctuary. Id like to do the ranger course here which is only offered in this city and end up working in conservation somewhere. But I was told to get a better chance of getting in having volunteer work behind you really helps so I'll do that for as long as it takes

Veronicaco, I'm 5'8'', so not way tall, but a little taller than average. My torso, however, is pretty short, so baby has no where to go but out.

Zephyr, I was hoping you'd have a nice big bump to share because of how big your uterus has been measuring. Darn. :winkwink: I'm sorry to hear that you had such a horrid experience in the hospital last time. That's awful! We have 7 or 8 hospitals within a half hour drive of where we live, so for me it would be easy to change hospitals next time around, but I know that's probably not the case for you. :(

Haha nope. One big hospital in this city and the same in my hometown. The hospital care may well be better in this city but I havnt experienced it.

I thought id have a big bump too by now :( but it seems to be going up instead of out. Its happened like that before and then I popped suddenly so im hoping in the next few weeks!

We brought another bulk pack of nb sized nappies last night! My pile of baby things is starting to build up.

The only big things we need now are a bouncer and a cot mattress. Maybe some more clothing.

Ive been busy crocheting hats!

Spiffy I'm glad that the funeral went well. My grandad passed many years before my nan and my nan had Alzheimer's so I felt such a release for her when she passed. Nice to think she is back with my grandad. WOW! Your bump! I'm 5ft 9ish but I have a longish body.... But if I suck my tummy in nothing!!!! I'll post a picture a bit later.

Jess I think my favs are Jacob and bonnie. Awesome news you have your first wedding shoot. Let us know how it goes.

Luvymum my sickness with indigo went about 20 weeks so I have a feeling this one will be similar. I feel awful by evening!!! It's horrible isn't it. I hope the next few weeks bring us some much needed relief.

Zephyr oh my god! Your poor thing! How awful to put your bubba in a cupboard. I like the idea of being at home. I'm hoping it will be calm and that I can shower and jump into my own bed. If not I'll hopefully go midwife led. I'm not setting my heart on it as sometimes these babies have there own ideas..... Like breech etc. felix is cute and lillybelle is lovely!

I keep looking at names on my phone but so far nothing is jumping out! Good job we have till November to decide! Hehehe! Xxxx

Ok.... So here's mine. I'm covered in food thanks to dd!! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 7
Lovely bumps, ladies! M2C, women would (and do!) pay to look that good! :haha:

Speaking of that, I think I want to try one of those postpartum girdles after this baby. Have any of you used one before? I'm looking at the Bellefit right now, which seems to have the best reviews.

Well, we've made Ammon our boy name (unless we find something better) and Eden our girl's name (also unless we find something better). That's kind of how we decided on our other names, too. Nothing was set in stone, and was open to change if we found something else, but both times we stopped looking, so of course stuck with what we had. :haha:

We will wait until we know what we are having before deciding on a name but it won't be set in stone as you can't be sure til you see baby IMO. ;)

Just been to the Consultant clinic. They were much less pessimistic about my chances of VBAC than I thought they would be! They said that there is no reason not to have a trial of labour, but with a low threshold for emergency section if things stall. I have a lower chance of successful VBAC than most, but still 40-50% chance of success. I think I'm fine to go with the flow- I actually laboured well last time, just stalled at the end. It's just a big change from what I thought!

Spiffy my skin is loose specially when I sit down but I do feel lucky. I love the name Eden! Beautiful.

Cangaroo that's good news. 40-50% isn't to bad. I think if you go with the flow but hopefully you get a natural birth.

Xx

Thanks, M2C, it's definitely the girl name we both like the best right now. Oh, and we also decided to keep the names we picked a secret until we announce the birth, because we've had a few negative reactions from family about some of the other names we've considered, and I don't want anyone to ruin how I feel about the names we like.

Cangaroo, odds are just odds. This time around could be totally different and you could go through labor super easy. I had to push for over 3 hours with DD and finally they just gave me an episiotomy to get her out, but with DS, I pushed for ten minutes. So you never know. :flower:

I've had more time to think about it now and am happy to at least get the chance to try. I'd love a natural delivery, but if it doesn't happen I won't be too disappointed! It was just a surprise as I've thought for the last almost 3 years I'd never labour again.

Eden is a lovely name. I think we'll keep names secret until birth too.

Spiffy I had the same! 3 hours pushing and an episiotomy with Corban and 6 minute pushing with indigo.

We will also keep the names hush hush. We only shared Corban and indigos name with a few people.

Xxx

I didn't even get to pushing with DD. Stalled completely at 9cm...

How long did they let you keep trying when you were at 9cm, Cangaroo? I was at 6 and 1/2 cm with DD for 3 or 4 hours and they were talking about starting me on Pitocin to get it going, and then, bam! Suddenly I was 10 cm. :haha: So when I stalled at 7cm with DS for a little while I told the doctor not to worry, because I would jump to 10 pretty fast, and sure enough, I did. So my body just likes to stall at that point for a while for some reason.

I was 9cm by about 5pm. They broke my waters, but still nothing. A few hours later they gave me an hour of Syntocinon (Pitocin), but there was no progress. I was still at 9cm and she was still very high. We went straight to theatre at that point and she was born at 10.15pm. So it was over 5 hours at 9cm with no progress or descent.

I'm getting excited about at least trying for VBAC, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->