Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Oh dear, sorry about the night wakings Spiffy! Sounds exhausting- not sure how I'd cope with that right now... And sorry MS hasn't passed M2C. I was the same last time, so relieved to be feeling better this time.

Ugh, last night was awful. I was in bed at 9:30pm, thinking I was bound to get a little extra sleep for going to bed early, but DS woke up as soon as I laid down and then cried off and on for hours, and I didn't end up getting to sleep until 1am. :( When he woke back up at 2am, my DH took his monitor with him and slept on the couch so that I could finally get some sleep, but DS is up for the day at 6am, so I am shattered. Also, I've been hit with allergies so badly! I have a stuffy, runny nose, sore throat, burning eyes, and a headache. So the sleeplessness is just on top of that. :( I'm just not sure how many more nights like last night I can handle!

M2C, sorry you're still sick! :hugs: It was my SIL's birthday party last night and she had to get up and go vomit in the middle of dinner, and I felt so bad for her. (She's 9 weeks pregnant.) As bad as it was to have MS this time around, I'm just thankful that it was never bad enough that I actually threw up.

Sorry you are still sick m2c! I fared so much better this time than with dd! It's te dizziness that's getting me, but we've all got colds/flu type thing going on so that's not helping. I scared myself on Friday as I nearly passed out but I think I completely overheated in the sun and the flu was just taking hold. Dd has been really restless at night but then she's only ever slept through twice in 18 months so I'm pretty used to it. The tiredness of trying to contend with her and make another person is unbelievable! Poor Dh is a wreck with the manflu so my usual rest and catch up at the weekends while he takes over has been a bust!!
Got midwife tomorrow for 15 week check up so I can talk to her about the Down syndrome test results finally! I have also just found out from my friend that we have to have the whooping cough jabs again at 28 weeks despite having it with dd!
Zephyr those pics look great and you are halfway!!! On the downhill straight now :)
Xxx

Veronica that's great you are seeing the midwife. Hopefully she can ease your mind or suggest extra testing if that's what you need to do. I have the midwife a week today! Hopefully hear the heartbeat.

Corban I had nausea and with indigo I threw up loads..... This time is exactly the same. At least my breakfast doesn't come back up so I know I'm defo getting something.

Spiffy night wakings are hard. Luckily I only have it on occasion.

Xxx

Yeah thanks! I am hoping for some reassurance or options :)
With dd I was so so sick I quit my job as I was a temp and spent the whole time in the bathroom vomiting. I'm surprised how mild it has been this time!

Lucky you not having frequent wakings! Dd has been at least 3 times a night til a few weeks ago, now all of a sudden it's improved massively when she's feeling well. One waking a night is ok after what it has been like! She seems genuinely hungry even though she eats a lot during the day!! She's growing like a weed though so that may be why!
Hope everyone else is ok? :)

Will update after I see the midwife in a bit x

Veronicaco, good luck with the midwife!

M2C, at first I was thinking that you must be having another girl, but then I remembered that my OB said that for some people, MS gets progressively worse in each pregnancy. I hope that's not the case for you! :hugs:

I have my 15 weeks appointment on Thursday, so will definitely hear the heartbeat, but that's about it.

Oh, and I took DS to the pediatrician to see if he had an ear infection, and nope! The kid is totally fine, which means the night wakings are purely a sleep issue. So we're going back to the beginning with sleep training again.

Spiffy - they have a sleep regression at about that age! It's to do with cognitive growth; loads of stuff is happening in their little brains at that point and it makes sleep very restless. I think that's why a lot of people don't recommend sleep training until after the age of one as it is not a permanent solution :) I'm sure it will pass soon! If you haven't read 'the wonder weeks' it's worth a look.

Midwife is going to ask the screening person to contact me to see if we need to go any further with testing so that's a bonus. She didn't seem overly worried which was nice.

I did read that the 8 month sleep regression can also happen at 9 or 10 months, so I figured that's what this was, but until I got his ears checked, I wasn't totally sure. We sleep trained my DD at 6 month and it worked like a charm. We never had to "re-train" her. But she was always really good at self-settling, and my DS has struggled with that. Ah well. DH slept on the couch with the monitor last night so that I could get a full night of sleep, which was awesome. My DH went in and soothed DS several times when he would wake up, and by 1:30am he was asleep for the rest of the night, which was better than the night before. So maybe we're starting to see a little progress.

Veronicaco, I hope they can reassure you so you won't have to keep worrying. :hugs:

We started sleep training DS around 10 months, but it wasn't until I stopped nursing that he consistently slept through the night every night. So he now sleeps great. Just an early riser.

i'm sorry for those of you not getting much sleep. I got my share last night. DS woke up with croup out of nowhere and was really struggling to breathe. Of course this happens when I am watching my 2 nephews and DH is out of town! And he slept through me trying to call him! Thankfully, I have a great neighbor that came to lay with the kids while I took him to the ER. Funny, how we mom's always second guess ourselves. I wonder if I jumped the gun and took him too soon and maybe should have tried more tricks at home. But it's always better to be safe than sorry. Didn't get home until almost 4am and when I finally got him back to bed and me back in bed, my nephew woke up crying to use the bathroom. All to get up again a couple hours later. Hoping for a nap at some point today.

On the upside, I am feeling much better this week and actually got a workout in yesterday! Hope we ALL will get a much energized second trimester. :) Sickness/vomiting/fatigue go away!!!

Oh no luvymom! It's always the worst timing... Glad he's ok, you can't be too careful though - definitely good to get checked out! I hope you get some rest x

Luvymom, it always has to happen at night, doesn't it? :dohh: Sorry you didn't get much sleep. Is your oldest old enough to watch the little ones while you take a nap? I can't wait until I get to that point, because right now my DD won't nap most days, but isn't old enough to be left alone while I nap.

Veronicaco, he isn't walking yet, but in the past three weeks he's learned how to crawl, pull to standing, and cruise. So he's been pretty busy! I'm sure his sleep issues have a lot to do with this burst of new developments. But seeing as we're going to be staying in a lodge with DH's cousins, aunts, and uncles all around us this weekend, I sure hope he starts sleeping a little better! It's bad enough to he keeps us awake; I'd feel awful if he kept everyone else awake too. :(

Sorry to those of you not getting much sleep! DD refused to sleep until late last night too. I was so tired at work all day! I've got a headache now, though it's not too bad when I'm lying down. Thank goodness for my day off tomorrow, though I have lots to do to get ready for the birthday weekend!

Cangaroo, good luck with all the birthday prep! You'll have to share a few pictures with us from the party. :flower:

How is everyone today? I got more dine yesterday than I've managed in ages. I definitely had more energy. Exhausted again this morning, though!

I hope your energy returns cangaroo! Its such a great feeling :)
Mines still going strong. I have my days.

I must of had a bad night along with you guys the other night. I slept a few hours and the next day I was hoping so bad the twins would nap at the same time so I could too but of course one did in the morning and the other in the afternoon so I was fighting off sleep all day. It sucked so bad.

My day today was okay was pretty long and im quite tired now.
Hubbys working till 7:15 pm which meant I had to get dinner done, baths done and rock one toddler to sleep, put the older two kids to bed and then rock the other toddler to sleep. Phew!
I did it all on my own!! By 7:10pm Usually hubby is home at 530 so I clean up while he bathes the twins then we take one each to put to sleep. He's probably going to ask what I put in dinner when he walks in the door and sees they are all asleep :haha:

Zephyr, way to go super-mom! That sound like a lot of work on your own. I had to do the dinner/bedtime routine on my own last night, too, but of course I only have two kids.

Well, today is the day we leave for our vacation, so I'm scrambling around trying to make sure we take everything we need! I also have my OB appointment today, but it'll be pretty routine. I'm not too worried about baby, because he/she was kicking me like crazy last night! It's great that I'm getting to the point now where I feel movement everyday and obvious enough that there's no doubting it's baby. :cloud9:

Thanks spiffy, I'm glad it doesn't happen often! It's his turn to be duty manager so tomorrow will be the same but its good experience for him.

He was working 10pm and midnight finishes at his old job followed by a 40 minute bike ride home! So 715 isn't bad at all :p

It was actually good to compare cos the twins have definitely got easier to manage in the last 4 months.

Have a good vacation! Glad to hear you are feeling lots of movement!

Wow Zephyr, hard work doing all that on your own!

Spiffy- enjoy your holiday! I can't wait to feel movement so consistently. I've been getting glitters for weeks but they're still not obvious enough I'm convinced they're the baby.

Just wanna make sure I can find you all again once I get my BFP in a couple weeks :) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->