Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Good luck mo2p!!

So I don't think I updated on my downs screening worries! The midwife got the screening nurse to call me and explain my results. What a relief!! Basically the nt measurement was 2.5 (exactly the same as dd) this mixed with my age gave me a result of 1 in 190 then my bloods alone had a result of 1 in 1000 but combined it came to 1 in 252. It's just my age that skewed it higher. Because the nt measurement was exactly the same as with dd I'm not feeling so concerned anymore :)
So I have my private scan still scheduled for Saturday but I am going to enjoy that more hopefully and find out if we are team pink or blue!!! Counting the days :)

How's everyone feeling? Xxx

That's good Veronicaco- I'm glad you're feeling more confident about it all.

I'm feeling much better now. The constant nausea has gone and I'm back to eating sweet things! Still tired, though.

Our cat has gone missing! We haven't seen her for 2 days and she hasn't been back for food. We hope she's just been shut in somewhere but have already asked all the neighbours to check and there is still no sign...

Thanks Cangaroo! Glad you are feeling better :)

I'm sorry about your cat! I remember when mine went missing for four weeks, she was my baby and I searched every day, banged on every door, fliered everyone within half a mile radius but still nothing. But four weeks later a lady from a couple of miles up the road found her and called us. Couldn't believe it. She was skinny as hell and had been living wild for all that time. I honestly think she'd gotten into a delivery van and he'd discovered her a few miles away and she'd been trying to find her way home. Yours is probably on some great kitty adventure and will stroll in through the door in a couple of days time wondering what all the fuss is about xxx

Thanks. My sister had a cat that ran off at a service station in the middle of a ling journey. She disappeared into a wood without a trace. 9 months later, we had a phone call saying she'd been found! She'd been living wild all that time, but had come to find somewhere warm as it was winter by then. She was in rather a state when we got her back, but soon recovered and has been fine ever since. I've had 2 cats killed in the roads in the past few years, though, so it is a worry. We thought our new house would be safer as the road is quieter.

Veronica good news your felling better about the results. Be lovely to have another scan! I'm saying girl for you!

Spiffy sorry to hear about your cat! Hope it returns safe! My cats haven't gone missing yet but is be super worried if they did!

Xxx

She's just strolled back in as if nothing had happened! Phew.

Cangaroo, I'm glad your cat is back safe and sound! We had a dog that ran away not long after we got in, and then two days later, he showed up outside our gate in the middle of the night, whining to be let back in, and then never left our side again. But we thought he was gone for good!

Veronicaco, I'm glad you're feeling better about your screening results, and I'm excited to find out whether you're team pink or blue! I'm going to guess :blue:

How is everyone else feeling now? How much movement are you feeling? I still feel occasional flutters, but nothing more obvious than that. I can't wait for proper kicks!

Ive only just been getting proper regular kicks but this baby is relatively quiet. I feel its hiccups and teeny tiny flutters down low which feel like hands and then the occasional proper big lower rib kicks. Its stretched a few times into my ribs also.

This just arrived for me this evening! I love it so much ive ordered more stuff off this company. It is amazing! Looks way better in person and it sways for ages I actually had trouble getting it to stay still for the picture :p was very easy to set up and take down too. I ordered a door clamp with it so it can be easily moved round the house. Its packed away now till baby is almost here.

https://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y379/aimeehartnell/Mobile%20Uploads/20140529_183656_zps3751f836.jpg

I've been feeling squirms and little kicks for a while now, but there are days when I don't feel much, because I'm sure baby is still flipping and turning around a lot.

I've also had a few really strong contractions, almost like a bad cramp, but they've been sporadic, and seem to follow some sort of physical activity on my part, so I've just been keeping an eye on that.

Zephyr, that hammock looks amazing! Do you think they come in adult sizes? :haha:

Spiffy I'm jealous! I don't think I've felt a thing!

Zephyr those hammocks are amazing. My mil had one and Corban would have a nap in it when we visited and he always slept well like a baby!!!! Exciting!

Xxx

Zephyr - that looks so lush!!

I've been feeling a surprising amount of movement! I think this one is much more wriggly than dd. I've even had a couple of Kung-fu kicks that made me jump out of my skin lol. With dd I didn't really feel much until she kicked the Doppler probe at exactly 19 weeks so it's exciting to feel more this time, I guess I know what I'm feeling a bit more this time too :)

My bump has properly popped, not bloat anymore :) how are everyone else's bumps looking? :)

Thanks guys
m2c many people say the same thing, that their babies slept well in it so I'm hoping it's true!

My bump changes a bit still but I don't feel very pregnant yet I suppose this is a good thing!
Along with the baby being quiet a lot I actually forget im pregnant half the time! I really thought this time would be rough but having twins toddlers and being pregnant is still 10x easier than my twin pregnancy!
I bet I'll change my tune in third tri tho hehe

Yes you don't get anything like as much time to think about it in subsequent pregnancies. You must have a lot going on with twin toddlers!

One more sleep til pink or blue ahhhhhhhhh I am leaning towards girl at the moment as I'm carrying the same as with dd but I really don't mind either way. Just so excited to find out :)

So excited for you! Will you go buy a little do etching once you know? Xxx

Veronicaco, I'm so excited to find out what you're having! Is your scan in the morning or afternoon?

Just after noon! So yes I think I will buy something really little once I know, I did with dd and I hung it on my mirror so I could see it everyday :)

Had to have a filling today :( boo hiss but the dentist suggested no anaesthetic if I felt up to it! It wasn't a really deep one so only a few mins of the big drill which was a bit ouch. But totally worth not having a droopy mouth and being able to eat normally :) the baby was kicking during which took my mind off it nicely!

Eek! Exciting stuff! I always buy a unisex born in 20-- for my babies to put in there box for the first outfit so I think after I have my 20 week scan I'll buy that to coo at! So broody!!!!!!

Tooth sounds ouchy but go you for not having an anaesthetic!

Xxx

So excited for you Veronicaco! I'll be checking in all day to see if you are pink or blue!

I haven't really felt much either. My last baby I was feeling movement at 13 weeks so this is kinda freaking me out. However, I had an appt on Tuesday and the baby had a very healthy heartbeat and moved while he was checking but I didn't feel it. So as reassuring as that was I still get anxious to feel something and nervous that I don't. Hopefully soon! Or at least obvious since I've things that I question if it's baby or gas :) You'd think by now, this being my 5th baby, I could tell.

Luvymom, it may just be that you have an anterior placenta this time. I felt my second at nearly 18 weeks because of a stupid anterior placenta.

Veronicaco, that's great that you were able to go without the anesthetic! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed on Monday, and would never dream of passing up the anesthetic for that! :haha:

I think at some point I'm going to buy a cute baby girl outfit and a cute baby boy outfit to take to the hospital with me. But I'll wait until after the 20 week scan, just in case the ultrasound tech accidentally ruins the surprise for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->