• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Zephyr of course you can stay! (I'm here, and I'm not even breastfeeding anymore :haha:)

Plus, even though I'm due in November, my OB told me that I should just expect my next baby to come a little early like my son did, so I'm sure I'll be an October mama, like you. :flower:

Mummy2Corban, that's too bad you won't get a picture! My doctors have always printed a few pictures for me, even for routine checks. Well, the important thing is that you to see your little bean. :flower:

As for me, I've got an acne breakout like a teenager. :blush:

Sophia has stopped breastfeeding this week, I'd like to stick around too as it's nice to chat to other mums with toddlers. I am pretty sure my milk has just gone totally, pretty early but I think that's why she has stopped.

Sorry to hear your milk is gone Charlie15, but at least I'm not the odd duck in this group anymore. :winkwink:

Spiffy at our hospital you have to pay for scan pictures at 12 and 20 weeks. I don't mind so much as there's not much to see at the early scans.

Charlie I'm only feeding in the morning but I don't think I'll be doing that for much longer.

Xxx

Here in the US, the 20 week scan is the only guaranteed one (some OBs, like mine, do an ultrasound at the first appointment to accurately date the pregnancy, but a lot don't) but you always get free pictures at the 20 week scan. Because I had IUGR with my DD, I got a scan to check DS's growth at 32 weeks, to make sure he didn't have it, and the tech even switched into 3D mode and printed out a picture of his face for us, just because! It was so cool, because I never would have gone somewhere and paid for a 3D scan just for fun.

I'm assuming I'll have another 32 growth scan this time, too (I think it's kind of standard here when you have a history of IUGR) so I'm hoping we'll get a nice sonographer again. :winkwink:

Mummy2corban, have you felt your supply dip or has there been a change in feeding? Initially Sophia wanted more and more, then one day she just got upset and my boobs got a bit of a pummel! Then she refused after that and that was that, I was a little sad but I was also ready to stop at 16 months.

Yes spiffy we can be the 2 odd ducks :haha:

I find the tiredness comes in waves, does anyone else get that?
Midwife called today and booked me in for April 1st. I have a blood test next week so will chase up my epu scan if I haven't heard anything by then :)

Yes usually it's in waves everyday, but today was constant. I think because I was tired after a hard day at work, was late home then up early with dd. Now ready for :sleep:

Zephyr what does b6 do? I had awful nausea with Corban and terrible ms with indie so I'll probably get one of them with this one!

Veronica hope you get a scan date soon.

Vjean I doubt I'll get a picture of the beanie! They don't usually give them at epu.

I'm feeling normal at the mo!

Xxx

Its meant to help some people with morning sickness.
All my pregnancies, especially my twin one I was terribly ill. With the twins I got medicated at 34 weeks finally but even then I thought supplements were a waste of time and never tried them.

My mum came to stay a few weeks back and I was desperate to keep it to ourselves till 12 weeks and I found a morning sickness formula that has b6 and ginger.

Taken it for the last month with very minimal sickness. I missed a few doses and then was very ill but if I took it every 8 hours strictly I was fine.
The last few days I've missed doses and seem fine now so I think mine is finally going.

I think it's worth a try! I mean the worst that can happen is it doesn't work :p

Charlie I don't think I have enough and my let down is none exsistant. She's bitten me a few times as well. I don't think she's getting much from her morning feed but I'll keep it going as long as I can.

Zephyr if I do get ms I think I'll give it a try. I felt awful last time 24, 7 so I'll defo try b6 if ms comes knocking again!

Spiffy I've never had 3d but they look mega!

Currently having snuggles with indie as she is snoozing. Corbans at play group so it's very peaceful apart from the dogs charging about.

Xxx

M2C, did your MS kick in around 6 weeks last time? I hear most people say that their MS starts around then, and so, even though I've never had MS, I guess I'm waiting until I pass that point to say for sure that I've dodged it again.

M2C, did your MS kick in around 6 weeks last time? I hear most people say that their MS starts around then, and so, even though I've never had MS, I guess I'm waiting until I pass that point to say for sure that I've dodged it again.

Mine starts a 6 weeks, I think that's a pretty common time to start.

Am having a good day today afte yesterday :thumbup: lovely as the sun is shining so we have been out all morning and I've actually enjoyed it

I think if I get MS this time around, I'll be convinced I'm having twins, since I didn't have any the first two pregnancies. :haha:

I've had some waves of nausea today! I'm 5+3, I seem to remember it starting even earlier with dd but it was so bad somedays I couldn't face getting out of bed. I don't have that luxury anymore so I hope it's not as bad this time.
There is a little part of me that likes a symptom or two - makes me feel that everything is happening in there ;) xxx

Veronicaco, I'm the same way. If I don't feel pregnant, I worry that things aren't going well. Thankfully I'm bloated all day long now, so it's kind of hard to ignore that. :haha: I hope your MS is easier this time around!

I finally have some pregnancy symptoms! :)
my boobs are starting to hurt and im SO sleepy, I can barely keep my eyes open!

Woohoo for feeling pregnant! Now let's just hope your symptoms don't get any worse. :winkwink:

Right, Im fine with the way things are lol

Anyone a little nervous for their scan?
Im nervous about seeing more than one baby!

Yes I am always a wreck about scans! when is your scan Jess?

Oh and spiffy tell me about bloat, I am sooooo bloated today that I have pulled out my old maternity pants!!

Jess, do you have a feeling it's twins? Or are you just worried about that statistic that says breastfeeding moms are 9X more likely to have twins? :haha:

I always seem to think I'm having twins, although I'm pretty sure we never will because they don't run in my family at all. So you'd think that would make me stop thinking about it, but it doesn't. :dohh:

Zephyr, did twins run in your family? Or did yours just come out of nowhere?

As for scans, I'm not too worried, because mine won't be until 11 weeks, and by that point, I think I should already be able to find the heartbeat with my Doppler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->