• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

What beautiful babies!

I'd have thought it was just breastfeeding messing everything up if it hadn't been so similar to the bleeding I had last time I was pregnant.

I'm so excited and my husband's away so I haven't told anyone in real life yet!

Cangaroo, when I found out I was pregnant with my first, my DH was out of town, so I know how torturous it can be having to wait! :haha: Thank goodness I could spill the beans to my BnB friends!

What gorgeous little ones!!! Yes they are tiny! I'm so broody :) can't wait to have another little one :) x

Spiffy she's gorgeous!! Amazing how the clothes fall off them huh! And newborn clothing are tiny.

Cangaroo when does he get back?? Holding that news in would be so hard :p

He got back very late last night so just told him this morning. :flower:

Beautiful babies!! And sooooo tiny! Here is my 10 lb 3 oz toddler! She was so big when she was born, but is very petite now. At 15 months she is 22 lbs and 30 in tall.

https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/763c6ae1d36f6ff88bc414cb20572afc.jpg
https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/689b318b63c1c2f085af7f1a387582c4.jpg

Congrats Cangaroo! What a great surprise for him to come home to!

VJean, wow! She was big at birth! Did you have GD, or do you think you're just prone to big babies? A friend of mine had a singleton who was 9lb 9oz, and then twins that were 8lbs each! So I think in her case, she's just prone to big babies. :haha:

As for staying petite, my DD, the one who had IUGR, is 24 months, and weighs 23 lbs, so she's definitely still on the little side!

Cangaroo, I bet that felt great to be able to tell your DH! How did he react?

He was very surprised as he thought I had AF last week (as did I...) but absolutely delighted and very excited. He keeps suggesting very silly boys names (we've had a girl's name picked out for months).

We can't decide when to tell family and friends. We told people as soon as we knew last time but want to wait a little this time. I'm wondering about telling our mums on Mothers' Day, though, and will be telling a couple of very close friends this week. Have any of you told people yet?

We told our families and some close friends already. We were originally going to wait a while, but we're moving out of my in-law's house this Friday and I was worrying about trying to take it easy while keeping it secret, and so finally I just said, screw it, let's just tell them and be done with it. :haha:

I havnt told anyone yet apart from the few who knew we were going to start trying again.
havnt even told my family mostly because this is our 6th and last baby and my mum is totally against me having more children as to her kids are a burden and she wants me to be happy and enjoy my life.
I tell her im very happy and love my family and enjoy it but her reply is always "theres more to life than having kids"

I recently had my nana and mum stay my mum was very negative, kept complaining about all the chores i have to do, about the noise, she even complained about the number of presents she has to buy (I told her not to bother, that we dont expect it) however my nana was very supportive and commented on what a great family I have, how the kids are well behaved, how we all work together well and are happy. Was going to announce then but decided not to.

my mums well off and snobby and lives in another country. Love her to bits but shes a bit backwards when it comes to family.

so I havnt announced yet, and am dreading it tbh......only because of my mums reaction.

hubbys mum and nana knows, they live in the same town as us and they are really happy.

my kids dont know yet either but will be telling them after our 12 week scan next week.

Cangaroo that would be lovely to tell your mums on Mother's Day. Oh names, I don't know we had a boys name for Sophia as she was also a yellow bundle, but I change my mind now every day about that one, but my OH still loves it! Oh well, long time to think about it!

Vjean, what a beautiful baby and I love all those rolls. My friend had a boy the same weight, but he so now a 15 month old in clothes for a 2 and a half yr old!

Spiffy, so how did everyone react? Where are you moving to?

I have my first mw appt tomorrow, no scan, just blood tests and a chat, nothing much but should get a date for my 12 weeks scan :)

Spiffy, no GD, and not prone to big babies. My others were 5lbs 11oz, 6 lbs 5oz and 7lbs 8oz! I was in undiagnosed heart failure the last 1/2 of my pregnancy and retained a lot of fluids. I often wonder if that had anything to do with it. She is 3 days old in those pics, hanging out in my ICU room. It was ridiculously warm, which is why she is just in a diaper.

We haven't told many people yet one co-worker figured it out and I told my sister who is also pg, due 2 weeks before me. We probably won't tell anyone for a while.

Vjean what a beautiful bubba!

Cangaroo I've told my mum, brother and sister. Having a scan tomorrow to check it's not molar so if all is well we will tell DH side then keep it quiet till at least 12 weeks.

Zephyr I'm sorry to hear your mum is a little negative. Main thing is you and your babies are happy.

Charlie exciting you have your first midwife appointment. Let us know how it goes.

I'm in bed feeling sick not sure if it's nerves or ms! I'm a little worried about tomorrow's scan because of my molar past. Argh! I'm sure all will be ok but I can't help but worry though.

Xxx

M2c!! So jealous that you get to see your bubba tomorrow!! I still haven't had a scan date :/ can't wait to see the pics of your little bean :)

For me tomorrow is the 3 yr anniversary of my mc. Always a hard day to get through when youre pregnant again. X

Mummy2corban good luck for tomorrow im sure it will all be fine :)

Veronicaco so sorry to hear about your previous loss, the date when it comes round is always a bit hard. Best wishes for tomorrow.

I have my mw turning up in an hour for my appointment. Mine does home visits which is handy :p
going to discuss my history today and whether or not she thinks home birth would be an option.

Zephyr, sorry you'r mum is so negative about yoir choices. Wow 6 kids, must be amazing to have a big family. I think we'll be stopping at 2 even though I would really love 4! So how old are your other children?

And you too Vjean, will this be baby number 5 for you? How old are you lo's?

M2C, good luck with the scan tomorrow, scans always scare me sick. It must be hard after your molar. I remember you saying your ms was so bad with the molar due to the high hormones, so I am sure this one will be all good.

Veronicaco, sorry it's the anniversary of your mc tomorrow :hugs: hope it's not too much of a difficult day for you.

Good luck for the scan! I'm sure it will all be fine.

I think we will wait for Mothers' Day to tell our mums, though that is 2 weeks away. We'll see how we feel in the next few days.

One of my very close friends is hoping to adopt and has her date for a decision on Wednesday. I really hope it's a yes or I'll feel awful telling her, though I know she'll be genuinely delighted for us...

Charlie having a big family is busy but fun! Wouldnt have it any other way. I never thought id have so many children. After we had a miscarriage and then got pregnant with the twins everything changed :)

dd 13, dd 8, ds 5, dd and ds turn 2 in may :)
So there are huge age gaps between them all which has worked well for us.

my midwife appointment went well, she said that she cant see why I cant have a home birth based on my history as long as the pregnancy goes well so......well see what happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->