• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Spiffy with Corban, indie and my molar my ms started around 6 weeks! Yuk. Maybe I might be lucky and not have any?!? Hehe! Wishful thinking I think!

Veronica hopefully you only get a few waves of nausea!

Jess yay for sore boobs.... Well not to sore!

I'm feeling a little worried about my scan Monday because I'm an increased risk of another molar. I'm not so worried about twins as I know it would be crazy but it would be amazing. When my mum was preggo with me they told her they thought I was a twin but my twin didn't develop if that makes sense. I wonder if any if us will be with twins!!!!

Xxxx

M2C, that's crazy! Do you know why they thought you were a twin? Did they see another sac in an ultrasound?

I'm praying that you never have to go through another molar. That just sounds awful. :nope:

Spiffynoodles - well my nanas on both sides say twins and triplets do but ive not known any to be living so it must of been ages ago.
So yeah they did just come out of nowhere lol

we were thrilled as I actually had a mc so my twins are my rainbow babies :)
At 4-5 weeks I was ill, really ill then a week or so later it vanished and then I got a teeny bit of spotting so when I went into my ultrasound we were expecting the worst however we did talk about twins a bit so it was a nice sort of expected surprise :) i had a strong feeling it was two beforehand but just didnt think that would happen to us and that I was probably mc again.

this time I was scared of twins again, I mean twins again would of been nice but the pregnancy for me was not fun and I was always in pain (carried them to 38 weeks) and so the idea of doing that again scared me.
was relieved at the scan to see one, but a little sad too as it is an amazing experience!!

I do however have a sneaky feeling we caught a second egg as we dtd two days after I o'd. We were going to do it a few days before but decided not to saying we would try for a baby the next month. Will never know for sure but I havnt heard of anyone getting pregnant so long after ovulation. Guess it was just meant to be :) so even though this baby was technically planned my bfp was still quite a shock. I just couldnt get my head around it :p

and yup your chances of concieving twins are higher while breastfeeding!! Hehe

Spiffy I think so..... I'll ask my Mumma more details. I'm sure this isn't molar but of course it will be good once we know for sure..... I do feel fairly positive. With my molar I knew something wasn't right.

Zephyr I can only imagine what carry twins to 38 weeks feels like! It's mega uncomfortable at that point with one let alone two! How much did they weigh?

Xxx

Max was 5 lb 13 and Aria was 7 lb 7.
He had iugr and there was a bit of a muck up with my scan results getting lost so he stayed in a bit longer than he should of however we got induced at 38 weeks.
both were born fine naturally and no time in neonates or anything. Home after a two day stay.

I'm not too worried about it, although my grandma had twins (I have identical twin uncles) they say it skips a generation so you never know! :)
Also my sister in law has twins, they will be 2 next month. I know we're not related but still, it would be crazy if I had twins. My step daughters mom has twins also SO if I had twins my step daughter would have 2 sets of half brothers/sisters that are twins and twin cousins lol crazy!
My scan is on Tuesday :) I cant wait!!

OH! and DHs sister is marring an identical twin in Aug!

Fraternal twins can skip a generation if it's the father that carries the gene, because he can't ovulate, obviously (hence the skipped generation) but he can give that gene to his daughter who then has twins. However, if your grandma's twins are identical, then it's not hereditary anyway. But it sounds like you have a lot of twins in your sphere, so maybe there's just something in the water where you live. :winkwink: I don't really know any twins personally.

Zephyr, my DD had IUGR and it wasn't discovered until she was born, either. She came at 38+4 weeks and she weighed 5lbs 7oz. At all my appointments, my OB said I was measuring spot on, but I've often wondered if she was just measuring really quickly and rounding the number to where she thought it should be, because I had total strangers telling me that I looked too small for how far along I was. Regardless, I switched OBs after that.

M2C, that's kind of crazy that you were able to sense that something wasn't right with your molar. But I guess that happened to me with my miscarriage, too. I just felt like that baby wasn't going to make it. Good thing we've both got positive feelings this time around! :flower:

Wow spiffy glad you changed obs! Its a bit sad they didnt pick it up earlier.
5 lb 7 must of been teeny. Was she okay after birth? Did she need care at all?

A few weeks before birth at my last scan the tech said to me "they will be keeping a close eye on him now" yet when I mentioned that at my appointments they said the scan looked fine (referring to the one before)
Somehow my scan results got misplaced and I never had another scan after that. Not quite sure what they were thinking.

Hey guys! My friends baby was crazy small and I often wonder if it was undiagnosed iugr. When baby was born after having iugr were they skinny? With loose skin? Sort of missing the fat you would normally expect? X

Wow lots of potential for twins here! I love the idea if twins,I have a friend who has twins through IVF, but I do not like the idea of a twin pregnancy! I am relieved I have only one in there!

Spiffy Your poor dd weighing only 5.7, did your son have iugr? Glad you changed docs.

Can I join in here now? BFP this morning! No symptoms yet...

Canagroo, yay! :happydance: Glad you tested again after the bleeding! I'll admit, I thought it was just your body doing weird things because of breastfeeding. So happy I was wrong! :flower:

Zephyr, thankfully, my DD was small but otherwise healthy. We've always had a hard time getting her to eat, which I've heard is very common with IUGR babies, because they learned in the womb to make do with less, and have a hard time getting over that out of the womb as well. Thankfully my DS didn't have IUGR and was born at 36+6 weighing 6lbs 11oz, which was pretty impressive for being that early!

Veronicaco, yes, she had loose skin and the nurse said it was because she had actually lost weight in the womb. She also had aspects of a baby that had gone two weeks over due, like dry, wrinkly skin, and meconium in the water. Sounds like your friend's baby had IUGR as well. My first OB never even diagnosed it! She just said, "Sometimes these things just happen and we don't know why." My new OB took one look at my previous history and diagnosed it as IUGR, which is what I'd suspected all along.

That's it spiffy, just like my friends dd! She's gp again and so worried that it may occur again but has never known what 'it' was. Do we know what causes it?

It can be caused by different things, but usually stems from the placenta dying too early. That's scary if her doctor isn't treating her like a patient with a history of IUGR, though. Typically patients with a history will be told to take one baby aspirin a day (low dose aspirin). That's what my new OB has me do to help keep the placenta strong, and it worked great with DS. Plus, she said that it has a lot of other benefits when you're pregnant. Also we're given extra scans to check on growth in the third trimester.

Spiffy that's funny you say that as my boy ate so little. He got bigger than our girl twin the first 6 months as we had issues with severe reflux with her but once we had her on the right meds and milk she overtook him growth wise and is still taller and heavier. He has always been a small eater right from birth.

veronicaco - im not sure what causes it, in my case I think it was just because they had run out of room and he was squished into a tiny space while his sister stretched out over him.
And yup mine looked like a little old man. Very skinny everywhere. Wrinkly baggy scaly skin.

These were them after birth :)

https://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y379/aimeehartnell/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140117_092511_zps071a1737.jpg

This was my DD when she was 2 weeks old. The outfit that she's wearing was Newborn size so you can get an idea of how small she looked.

546974_940801314738_886597046_n.jpg

Zephyr your twenties are gorgeous! Perfect!

Spiffy oh my she is tiny! Indigo was 8lb 9oz so not massive but was too big for newborn straight away! Gorgeous!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"