Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Ok, maybe I just don't know what I'm doing but can anyone help me figure out how to put a ticker at the bottom to show how many weeks I am. I can't seem to find the option anywhere!

Up towards the top right of your screen, you should see a button that says "Quick links". Click on that, and then select "Edit signature". That will take you to an empty box where you can insert the code from lilypie, The Bump, or wherever your ticker is from. And then it gives you an option to preview your signature before you save it, so you can make sure it worked. :flower:

This is my 22+5 bump pic. Its so high!!! The top of my uterus is well and truly up by my ribs now. It's actually the highest single bump ive had. Its funny because I feel movement by my bladder and up high by my ribs so I wonder what on earth he/she is doing. Maybe its so stretched and spongy in there?? Who knows lol

https://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y379/aimeehartnell/Mobile%20Uploads/20140606_162204_zpsd1633af7.jpg

Fabulous bump, Zephyr! I carried both my DD and DS pretty high, or at least it looked that way because I have such a tiny torso, but at least it dropped a little at the end with DS (DD never fully engaged until I was 10 cm dilated!).

Well, my mouth is feeling much better. Still a little sore and swollen, but not nearly as bad as before. However, I now have a nice big, yellow bruise all along my jaw. I hope people don't think my DH beats me! :dohh:

Aw glad you are feeling better :) hopefully the bruising heals quickly!

Lovely bump Zephyr! Looking good! :thumbup:

Spiffy glad to hear your feeling better :) Hope your bruise goes away quickly.

Hey I have a question for you ladies. How often (if at all) do you feel movement?
I havent really felt much of anything at all. Maybe a jab here and there, like a week ago but nothing since then.
I really would have thought that by 17 weeks I would have been feeling more movement, esp since this is my 3rd, ya know.

Jess its only been very recent for me that I have been feeling regular movement id go days even a week without any!
The past week ive really started feeling regular kicks and punches and hiccups.

I have an anterior placenta tho so thats prob why mine was so late.

I'd say I feel movement at least every other day, but sometimes everyday for a while, and sometimes there'll be a break of several days without feeling anything. So it just varies. I think at this stage it has a lot to do with how the baby is positioned.

I think I've felt baby.... Just an odd wiggle here and there though. With indigo I felt nothing until past my 20 week scan because of an anterior placenta. Xx

I've been feeling vague flutters for ages, but they're so subtle and irregular it's hard to convince myself it really is movement. I felt a couple of more definite jabs yesterday for the first time. I really haven't felt much I was 100% convinced by.

My baby's movement is just now getting more regular. Last night was the first time I felt it from the outside, and DH felt it to. I have an anterior placenta, so that makes it harder. Before this it has been pretty random. I feel him everyday, but some days more often than others.

How is everyone's nurseries coming along?

Here is my latest bump pic. Taken on a Friday after my 20 week scan (a few days early, but I need to update my ticker).

https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/imagejpg2.jpg

The nursery will be pretty much a storage room! We'll be having the cot attached to our bed in a side car arrangement and won't therefore bother doing much to the nursery. I still have all DD's nursery furniture anyway since we did up her big girl bedroom with new furniture. We just need a new mattress since the old one has a cracked cover. I didn't start buying properly until 28 weeks or so last time.

I'm definitely showing now. I'm in the awkward "fat or pregnant?" phase! I hope it becomes a well-defined bump soon!

Vjean, lovely bump! (I'm jealous of your backyard/pool, too! :haha:)

As for nurseries, my DS is in the room right next to us for the moment, since he still has to be fed in the middle of the night. But as soon as he starts sleeping through, we'll move him downstairs and get the room next to us ready for the new baby. We probably won't be doing anything fancy, especially since we're team yellow, but I'd like to put up a few pictures or something.

Okay, here's my bump pic, now that my face has mostly healed up. :flower:

Attachments

• 17 weeks #3.JPG
    17 weeks #3.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 3
We wont be doing a nursery. I always felt more comfortable having babies close those first 6 months or longer.
ive always set a room up for them but they never used them till really late. In the twins case we moved city before they even slept once in their nursery so im not going to bother this time round. Just store the baby stuff in its own drawers/shelves in our room and set the hammock up.

Lovely bumps ladies!

For us baby will either be in with Corban or indigo but they are usually in with us till about 6 months. We are team yellow so won't be sorting anything until baby is old enough to go in with Corban or indie. I'll just get some white drawers to go in one of there rooms for bubbas clothes.

Xxx

With my first, we had her in our room for the first month, and then put her in her own room. With my second, we had him in our room for 6 months (out of necessity since we were living with my in-laws) and we hated it! DH and I felt like we didn't have our own room anymore because we always had to leave the lights off and sneak around at night so we wouldn't wake him (he was and still is a light sleeper), and lets just say it wasn't great for our sex life either. :blush: So now that we have a room for the new baby, I think he/she will only be in our room for one month, tops, like our first was.

I've just got back from my 16 week midwife appointment. All well! It took a while to find the heart beat as the student was looking too low down. The midwife confirmed my uterus is up at my umbilicus already which is what I thought but it's a bit hard to feel on yourself! My bump has definitely popped in the last few days.

We aren't doing a nursery this time, dd co-slept for pretty much the whole first year and we loved it. We have a co-sleeper cot which attaches to our super-king so we have plenty of room in bed and I slept a lot better with her at arms reach. We actually don't yet have a room for him. We are breaking ground on an extension in the next couple of months and then dd will go into a larger room and ds will have the slightly smaller nursery with the cot bed. His transition will depend on funds, the build itself and when he's ready to sleep alone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->