Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Cute bumps, ladies! I'll have to take a 19 week one, too, tomorrow. :flower:

Veronicaco, I think I was hungrier with my boy, too. As for Braxton Hicks, it's so hard to say, because I also get real contractions, thanks to my Irritable Uterus, but they do happen more at night, for sure. As for size, I had people asking me if I was sure it wasn't twins with my DS, but he was only 6lbs 11oz, so obviously it was just the way I carried him that made me look so huge. That being said he was pretty big for being born at 36+6, so I can't say how big he would've gotten if he'd stayed in until 40 weeks. Did you go early with your DD, or late?

Cute bumps!!!!!

That does sound like Braxton hicks Veronica. If they get too bad, you can take a Tylenol and drink a liter of water :)!

Last time, one of the times my irritable uterus got out of control and i had to go to the hospital, i could tell it was different because my back hurt like a period. If it's like that, call your dr, but I'd say if it's just uncomfortable or feels like tightening, don't worry too much :)

Spiffy, i wanna see a bump pic from you! Jess too!!!

Thanks Spiffy, dd was a week late and 7lb5 so not huge :)

Ttc- I'm glad that sounds right to you, I did drink a pint of water earlier and had a rest and felt much better. I haven't had any period pain type feelings - if I do I will call my midwife. I didn't have/feel Braxton hicks last time so I am just a bit surprised I think to feel it this early on.

We could have an early bump shot from you ttc so we can see the progression ;) x

The nurse called me yesterday. My blood came back positive for the anti kell antibody. I probably got it from one of the blood transfusions i had with ds. Dh has to be tested. If he's kell-positive then our baby has a high chance of my body attacking baby. It's a lot like rh disease but there's no shot for this. I've googled a little but it doesn't look good and no point of freaking myself out to no end over it until we know more. I'm a little stressed as you can imagine.

Yikes, TTC! That sounds scary. :( I really hope your DH comes back negative and that your new little bean is okay. :hugs:

Well, here's my 19 week bump pic. Excuse the pajamas, but I wanted you ladies to see how popped out my bellybutton is. It's been like this since 12 weeks! :dohh:

I also think baby is going through a serious growth spurt, because all of a sudden I can't seem to eat enough! I had to eat twice in the middle of the night because I was so hungry I couldn't sleep. :wacko:

Attachments

• 19 weeks #3.jpg
    19 weeks #3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 5
Ttc I'm sorry to hear that. Pregnancy is worry enough let alone having something else added to the mix. Hope DH is negative and all is well.

Spiffy your bump is super. My belly button never went back to normal.

Xxx

Wow!!!! Super cute bump spiffy.:)

Dh is off to test now! We probably won't know anything till Monday but I'll definitely update you all. :)

Yes be sure to keep us updated. Have everything crossed for you lovely xx

Great bump Spiffy! Can't believe your belly button popped already! Mine is close, but not quiet there.

Hi all! We've been away so I've been out of the loop. My belly seems bigger every day but I still have a way to go to catch you all up! My belly button never popped last time.

The nurse called me yesterday. My blood came back positive for the anti kell antibody. I probably got it from one of the blood transfusions i had with ds. Dh has to be tested. If he's kell-positive then our baby has a high chance of my body attacking baby. It's a lot like rh disease but there's no shot for this. I've googled a little but it doesn't look good and no point of freaking myself out to no end over it until we know more. I'm a little stressed as you can imagine.

Wow! That is stressful! I am hoping things turn out just fine for you! I know with Rh negative, they say the first baby is usually ok, but each baby after that is at risk. Is that the same with Kell?

Thank you all :hugs:

VJean, yes it's the same as rh. Only no shot exists for kell. The good news is, there's a good chance i got it from the blood transfusions not dh but we have to test to be sure....

TTC, I hope the weekend flies by for you and Monday brings good news.

Cute bumps everyone! If I can figure out how to upload from my phone, I might brave a picture. Might. I have an outie belly button, too. Had it since way early on. But it always goes back in post-baby.

Excited for next week! My sister has her scan on Monday! It's her first. The rest of my weekend should fly. My family is coming up for a bbq at my house tomorrow, then Sunday I take DH to the airport, stay over at my mom's, pick him up Monday night, then scan on Tuesday. We haven't ever done a gender reveal before. And being my 5th I don't think I will with extended family, but I want to do a fun reveal with my kids. Probably give them each a can of silly confetti type spray (I can't think of the real name and it's bugging me!) Of pink or blue and then let them spray each other to find out.

Anyway, back to cleaning and baking. Trying different treat recipes my dad can eat since he's diabetic but so far everything has been a big fat FAIL. Oh well. And I promised my kids if they cleaned the basement I would take them out for ice cream. I don't call it bribery, I call it incentive. :)

Oh, and YAY! I've been feeling some good movement today so I'm hoping I'll be feeling things stronger and more often here on out.

Luvymom, was it Silly String you were trying to think of? :winkwink: I think that will be really fun for the kids to find out that way! We just had a BBQ tonight with four of our friends, since we bought all the stuff for the BBQ to do with my family, but the plans fell through, and we still had all the food. It was fun. :flower:

I'm so glad you're feeling movements more consistently now! Must be such a relief. I usually feel at least something each day, but it's still so light and low down. I'm definitely going to ask the ultrasound tech where my placenta is, because I'm curious.

Oh, and my bellybutton never really goes back in, but it doesn't stay out either. It just sort of stays at the level of my stomach, and is all stretched and squishy. :dohh:

Silly string kept popping in to my head but I thought there was a fancier name. :) I feel better that that's it. I was feeling like I was losing my mind to not remember something so simple and apparently it was simple and I was, as always, over thinking it.

Glad you were able to still have fun and get the food eaten. I'm super curious about the placement of my placenta too. Seems an anterior placenta is so much more common than I ever thought.

Ttc! What a worry for you Hun, I hope that Dh comes up neg. how frustrating that they will transfuse blood that carries it but I suppose better than no blood transfusion :/ good luck and hope to hear the results soon :)

Luvymom post a pic :) great idea with the silly strung too what a lovely way to find out :)

I am interested in where my placenta is too, I think it's lower at the back which is why I'm feeling so much more this time it was much higher last time.
Can't wait for Wednesday although I am 20 weeks and therefore 'halfway' tomorrow :)

Ttc hope your ok xx

Luvymum great news on the movement! Love the silly string idea!

Veronica yay to half way! I'm 20 weeks Wednesday but both mine where late so I'll say next weekend I'm half way! Hehe!

Spiffy my belly button was an innie and then after pregnancy it sounds like it's like yours!

How are your weekends going?

Xx

I'm not 20 weeks yet, but seeing as there's a good chance I'll have a 36/37 weeker, I've actually already hit the halfway point. :flower:

Luvymom, don't feel too bad about the Silly String thing. That name popped into my head, but I thought, "No, that's not what's it called is it?" So I actually had to go Google it before I was sure. :haha:

My weekend is looking to be a little crzy because DH has so much he has to do today and is totally stressed out. He's a computer guy, and takes too many side-jobs doing computer stuff for small companies and so he has all this crap to do on top of his full-time job. I keep telling him that he needs to start turning down jobs, but he can't seem to say no to people. Tomorrow we're going over to my dad's house for dinner, and then over to my nephews to celebrate his 6th birthday. So that will be hectic, but hopefully fun. :flower:

Spiffy my DH is an electrician as takes on lots of extra jobs. Right now though we need the money! His work van had died and we need a new one! Rubbish! Enjoy your day tomorrow!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->