Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Zephyr I had a phil n teds sport I think but sold it ages ago. I've been looking at the phil and teds promonade. Trying to find places that stock them do I can check them out xx

TTC, our first two are 16 months apart, so we got the Babytrend Sit N' Stand with an optional back seat. So for a long time we just had DD in the seat in the back and DS in his car seat in the front, facing us. Once he got older, we had them both in their seats, and now that DD is older, we have the back seat turned into the sit n' stand bench so she can get in and out when she wants to.

When this baby comes, we'll go back to the same set-up, but with DS in the back and new baby in the car seat. DD will either walk, or if DH is with me, he can push her in an umbrella stroller.

I've heard everybody loves the bugaboo donkey. It's very popular.

over here the mb duet is a popular side by side and everyone raves about it. In fact if anyone asks in the twins groups the majority of people have the duet and love it so I guess it depends on what brand you get as some side by sides are probably great.
im not sure if side by sides convert though.
Definitely handy having the option to convert which is why I'd choose a tandem :p

would be good to be able to test them all out

I've got the Phil and teds sport, I bought it in hopeful anticipation when I was pregnant with dd. It came with a free toddler seat and a friend had all the extras barely used so donated them too :) it's bulky but my maxi cosi cabriofix clips in too with an adapter and I have the ISOfix clip in base for my car which makes transfer quick and easy. I also have a buggy board that clips to the back in case dd decides she would rather stand and hold on.

I have managed to never buy a pushchair. We were given a 2nd hand Graco one before DD was born, and by the time I'd realised how rubbish it was I was full time baby wearing! MIL still uses the Graco when she's babysitting. DD is reluctant to walk at times so I still wear her in a woven wrap on my back! I can't wait to have a snuggly newborn in a wrap again. :flower:

I have two friends with Phil & Ted's Sports. It's a great buggy and definitely what I would buy if I needed one.

That's really cool you didn't use a pushchair Cangaroo. I'm probably going to be the same tbh. I cant imagine pushing a baby safely with a toddler on each side where we live.
We live on a huge hill and the footpath has rails but long drops over the side then at the bottom of the hill its a main road.

We have the City Mini single and LOVE it! We'll be getting the City Mini double for sure. It's side by side, but is slim. It can fit thru a standard size door. I just love how easy the city minis fold and how light they are. When my DD is a little older we will probably get the toddler buggy board that goes on the single and I'll also wear baby quite a bit.

Zephyr it keep going back to the donkey. I think in duo mode it's only 72cm wide. It turns into a single. Decisions!

Veronica I bought the sport when Corban was a few months old as I knew I wanted more babies but unfortunately I fell preggo with the molar so ended up selling it.

Cangaroo that's awesome! My back hurts to much wearing baby for too long.

21 weeks today! Woooooo!!!!!!

Xxx

Gorgeous bump, M2C! :flower:

Well, the contractions are starting to pick up a little, now. Last night I had probably 5-6 of them while I was watching a movie. Not painful, but I know what they are and I know it will only get worse from here. But as this is my second time, I'm prepared for it and I know what's normal.

Happy 21 weeks M2c! You look fantastic!!!!

Sorry about your contractions Spiffy :(

TTC, You had an Irritable Uterus last time, too, didn't you? (Or am I thinking of someone else?)

I did! I'm hoping it won't act up this time! It was seriously annoying and exhausting. My dr didn't seem to know much about it so i was on modified bedrest and got weekly fetal fibronectin tests and ultrasounds to monitor cervix length. My cervix did start changing toward 35 weeks but they weren't too worried at that point.

TTC, I got insanely lucky, because my OB actually had an Irritable Uterus in all of her pregnancies, so she knew exactly what I was going through. She also knew that even though it's exhausting and obnoxious, it usually doesn't cause dilation, so she never prescribed bed rest or anything. She just gave me a prescription for Nifedipine if the contractions got bad, and then had me do weekly NSTs starting at 36 weeks to make sure baby was handling the contractions okay.

How are the contractions now Spiffy? Hope things are settling again.

I have a poorly child. :nope: DD has been vomiting all morning. Hope I don't catch it!

Cangaroo, I hope your DD starts feeling better soon. :hugs:

The contractions aren't worse, but they aren't better either. I just get 6 or 7 a day, mostly in the evenings. But they don't hurt, so they're really not much of a nuisance right now. I know they will later on, when I'm getting them every 2-3 minutes for hours on end, but in this stage of pregnancy, they're very mild. :flower:

Well, my little boy turned 1 yesterday! Here are a few pictures from the party:

Attachments

• Liam's birthday 9.jpg
    Liam's birthday 9.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Liam's birthday 5.jpg
    Liam's birthday 5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 2
  • Liam's birthday 8.jpg
    Liam's birthday 8.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1
Canga, hope she feels better soon!

Spiffy, happy bday to your adorable son! Goodness your kids are cute!!!! How exciting! And happy 22 weeks to you as well!!!

Happy birthday to your DS, Spiffy! Looks like a lovely day.

DD seemed better after a 3 hour nap and I thought she was over the worst, but letting her eat dinner was a bad plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->