Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Well, seeing as I don't have Vaseline or metanium right now, I'll see how coconut oil works (I put some on him before his nap, so we'll see how it looks when I change him again later). Thanks for the tips!

I hope he feels better soon! My son always gets this horrible rash and runny tummy when teething. It's awful. I feel for your poor little guy!

Spiffy that sounds ouchy! Poor bubba! I'd say air it out as much as possible. We use sudocrem but mine haven't had nappy rash too bad so I'm not much help. Hope the coconut oil helps sooth him.

Xxx

We always used metanium for nappy rash. Hope it clears quickly!

DD is in her own bed in her own room voluntarily for the third night in a row! We've always co-slept, though she's largely been on a mattress on the floor next to the bed lately. It looks like she's decided to move out, finally! It will be much easier co-sleeping with just the new baby; I wasn't sure how it would work with both of them in bed. Fingers crossed this is going to continue!

Spiffy, cornstarch by itself has worked great for me. Also beaudroux butt paste had always worked great too. It's so sad when they have such sore bums.

Thanks, ladies. Luvymom, I've tried the butt paste already with no success. He just keeps having a little diarrhea that keeps the rash from fully healing.

I did, however, use the coconut oil on him all day today, and even though it doesn't look a lot better, he hasn't been in as much pain as yesterday, so that's good!

Spiffy- how's your DS? Hope he's feeling better.

I'm tired after being woken by a massive storm last night! It was very loud.

Thanks for asking. His rash was pretty much gone yesterday morning, but there is something definitely going on with him because his sleep has been horrid! And I mean, worse than a newborn. :( Last night he woke up every 5-10 minutes for most of the night, with a couple of 45 minute stretches, and that was it. By 4am, I completely broke down and was in hysterics, just sobbing, and loud enough to wake up DH. However, once he was awake, he quickly jumped out of bed, grabbed the kids' monitors and told me to get some sleep while he went out to the couch so I could have some peace and quite. So thanks to him I ate least got 3 hours of sleep at the end of the night. But I'm just not sure what I'll do if he's as bad as that tonight again, too. :nope:

Spiffy I'm so sorry...that sounds miserable! I hope things resolve soon so he can go back to sleeping and you can get rest!

Spiffy- that sounds awful! At least your DH took over so you got a little sleep in the end, but you must be feeling so exhausted today. I hope he sleeps much better tonight.

He's doing better now (I think). I'm not sure what the problem was, though. Last night started out bad, with a lot of crying and whining, and my DH offered to do the whole night shift so that I could get some sleep, which was awesome of him. However, after I fed him a bottle at 11:30pm, as we were going to bed, he slept the rest of the night! So it's just me he hates. :haha: No, I really am glad that both DH and I got to sleep, though. :flower:

How are you ladies doing? It's been a little quiet lately. I guess most of us are just waiting to hit V-Day.

Glad he's feeling better and you got some sleep, Spiffy!

I'm doing well. Loving the big wriggles and seeing my belly move. :) We're still debating naked with DD. Sometimes she liked Ruby, sometimes she likes the family name we picked, and there was a day last week when she wanted to call the baby Butter! :dohh: Has anyone else been discussing names?

Lots of name discussion by me, Dh hates talking about it but I said last night he needs to seriously start thinking as we have 3.5 months to go and only have one name on our maybe list and that is it!! I love the name and would happily use it - it goes with dd's name and our surname plus it's not a 'common' name it's pretty unusual so ticks all te boxes for me. :)

Hope ds is better spiffy and it was just a blip, there's so much going on in their little bodies and minds and they can't tell us it makes it so frustrating sometimes !

It's v-day for me :) yes!!! Can't believe I'm finally here :) countdown to third tri woooooooooooooo :)

Happy V-day, Veronicaco! Now you have me intrigued about your possible baby name. Are you okay telling us? (I know some people like to keep it under lock and key. That's what we're doing with our family and friends.)

Cangaroo, that's hilarious that your daughter wanted to name the baby Butter. My nephew wanted to name his little sister "Scissors". :haha:

As for us, we're still set on Eden for a girl, but we're still not totally sold on our boy name. I keep looking through name lists, but nothing really jumps out at me, that also happens to meet DH's requirements of having a good meaning. Kind of hoping my intuition is right and it's a girl, so we won't have to worry about it! Otherwise we might have a nameless boy for the first few days. :dohh:

DD likes our chosen name today, which is Suzanna Christine, honouring the two branches of the family we didn't name DD after. She wants to call the baby "Suzie Sue", though, which is cute! I wonder how long until she changes her mind again... Can't believe how much say we're letting a 3 year old have in this! :haha:

Eden is a really pretty name.

I've been washing DD's old baby clothes today! I managed to get most of the stains out (she was a refluxy baby due to her tongue tie which was never snipped), but I've managed to bleach a dress slightly around the neckline. I think I may dye it if it looks too bad when dry as it's a really lovely dress! We have so many summery newborn clothes. I think I'll just be adding tights and long sleeved vests as I can't bare to not re-use them!

I've also got Christmas dresses already for DD1 and DD2:
https://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q603/eccopeland/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1074.jpg

Cangaroo, those dresses are gorgeous! I bet it will be so fun to dress them up in them come Christmas time. :cloud9: I like Suzanne Christine as a name, too. Hopefully whichever name you decide to use, DD will be okay with. :flower:

I like Eden for a girl! I know an Eden who has a brother called Noah if you likes biblical feel for names :)

I really like the name Eran (eh-run) which is our maybe name. Still hunting for ideas though :)

Suzanna is a lovely name too, what cute dresses too :) xx

DH just finally mentioned some names he likes to me last night. They are okay but not my fave. Jane and Kate. Our other kids' names are more unique (Indiana, Gage, Blakely, Rockwell) so I don't really think those fit well with the others. I told him to add more to his list. Though I'll still consider them and see if they grow on me. ;)

Veronicaco, I think Eran is a fun unique take on the more traditional Aaron. I like unique names, too, but most of them don't fit with DH's requirments.

Luvymom, I like your kids names. I especially like Indiana, because it just makes me think of Indiana Jones, which was a favorite movie growing up. :flower: But I agree, Jane and Kate don't quite fit with the others, though they're not bad names by themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->