Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

OMG I have So much catching up to do, I've read through all the posts :)
First let me say that all those babies are ADORABLE!!!! Ill have to post a pic soon of my kiddos when they were little.
I really cant type out too much right now as sitting here at the computer desk is killing my back :( I slipped and fell on the ice outside earlier. I was over at my new place (we are moving next week) I wanted to paint acouple rooms before we move in so my mom helped me paint earlier today, we spent 5 hours painting. When we left I slipped on the ice :( so between the painting and falling I'm not doing too good right now :( I did have some cramping but it stopped and there was never any bleeding but my back hurts SO bad. I cant wait until my appointment on Tuesday so I can talk to the Dr and I'm hoping they do a scan.

As for telling everyone we are waiting until we see the heartbeat and then we will decide on how to tell everyone.
This will be our 4th. DH has an 11yr old and I have an 8yr old from my first marriage. DD is our 1st together and this new addition will be our last, so we are hoping for a boy as DH has 2 daughters, but we will be happy either way :)

Hope everyone is doing great! I shall catch up more when I get some more time

Oh congrats Cangaroo!!!!!! :) Super excited to see you here!!!!

Zephyr, I'm so sorry you have to worry about your mom's reaction. How awful that she makes you feel bad about having a big family. :( We want a big family, too, at least 4-6 kids maybe more.

Our families took it pretty well, but there were a few comments about us "cranking them out." :dohh:

Veronicaco, sorry you have the anniversary of your miscarriage tomorrow. :hugs:

M2C, I can't wait to hear about your scan!

Zephyr I'm swaying towards a home birth.

Jess how are you feeling? Hope all is well.

So had my scan this morning. Great news is there seems to be no molar present. I think by the 12 week scan they should be pretty confident in saying it's ok. We saw a sac and a yolk. I think because I had O cramps cd15-16 and only got amega faint BFP 12dpo that I'm not quite 5+6 so I THINK all is ok. I am a little worried but I think that's natural. Got a scan in 2 weeks to make sure a baby has grown. Fingers crossed. Xxx

Jess, so sorry about your fall, ouch on ice that really is painful, hope they scan you tomorrow. Wow you have a busy household too :thumbup:

Spiffy what do your family mean by cranking them out? Sorry is it me been English and not understanding :dohh:

Zephyr, your family sounds similar to a good friend of mine, she has 6 and her oldest is 13 and youngest is 2, no twins and I think there are slightly closer age gaps. I love going to see her, it's so much fun and her kids are all amazing. She has a child to match all of the rest of ours, it's funny, so her youngest is Sophia's regular play date. I think she'll have one more too.

Off to mw appointment soon. Luckily managed to get Sophia down for a early nap, otherwise I don't know how she would cope in a hospital waiting room for god knows how long!

Zephyr I'm swaying towards a home birth.

Jess how are you feeling? Hope all is well.

So had my scan this morning. Great news is there seems to be no molar present. I think by the 12 week scan they should be pretty confident in saying it's ok. We saw a sac and a yolk. I think because I had O cramps cd15-16 and only got amega faint BFP 12dpo that I'm not quite 5+6 so I THINK all is ok. I am a little worried but I think that's natural. Got a scan in 2 weeks to make sure a baby has grown. Fingers crossed. Xxx

Yey good news about scan and that they are giving you another one soon :thumbup:

Charlie, "cranking them out" just means having one right after another, since there's only 15/16 months between the first two, and will be only 15/16 months between the second two as well. :flower: Good luck at you MW appointment!

As for large families, they're kind of the norm around here, since the majority of the population is Mormon and Mormon's believe in having lots of kids. So I know two families with 9 kids, one with 10 kids, and one with 13. :winkwink:

M2C, that's great that there's no sign of a molar! And like you said, you're probably not quite 5+6 (did they give you a measurement?) so it's perfectly normal to not see a heartbeat yet. that's awesome that you get a repeat scan in two weeks, though!

I got measurements.....

Gestational sac 9.9mm x 5.7mm x 11.8mm
Mean 9.1mm

Yolk sac 2.4mm x 2.5mm x 2.1mm
Mean 2.3mm

All looked a nice smooth shape.
Xxx

It says ultrasound demonstrates an intrauterine pregnant corresponding to 5-6 weeks.

Sounds like great news! So pleased there's no molar. I think scans so early on, while sometimes necessary, often do create some worry as you can't see much. It all sounds very normal. It's good you get another scan in 2 weeks!

I've just made my booking appointment for next Thursday. It feels more official now!

Does anyone have a holding name for the baby? Isabella was randomly referred to as Ja Rule while I was pregnant. I think we might call this baby Mugglewump after the monkey from the enormous crocodile as Isabella likes him... I like silly holding names!

M2C when I had my first scan with DD they only saw the yolk sac and no baby, it wasnt until a week later that we saw the baby and heartbeat. Its common to not see much at an early scan :hugs: try not to stress

Cangaroo, we've never really had silly names for our babies before they were born (we'd usually just call them "baby") but we definitely like nicknames after they're born. Our DD started as "Babs" then became "Babbers" and then that turned into "Babber-dees". :haha:

Charlie, my Bigs are: DD 18, DS 17, DS 14. These three are from my previous marriage. My DH and I have a 1y/o DD, and then this baby.

Spiffy, I grew up in Utah (Hill AFB), and my dad was the youngest of 13! So yeah, I'm used to big families!

Just got back from my 2nd ultrasound. Baby looks good with a heartbeat of 140. :happydance: My RE has now released me into regular OB care. Once my coworker steps away from his desk I'll schedule my first appointment. I still find it hard to believe that things might actually work out this time!

M2C, sounds like your ultrasound went great as well!

Jesse, ouch! Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks Jess. How are you feeling now?

We don't usually call baby anything either until it's born. Our bubbas have a few nicknames!

Xxx

Vjean your ultrasound sounds great! Exciting. Did you get a pic?

Xxx

VJean, that's cool that you grew up in Utah! I live in Sandy right now, but we're moving to Magna at the end of the week. :flower: I'm glad to hear that your ultrasound looked great! :thumbup:

Congrats on the scans m2c and vjean :)

Its really good to hear everyone likes big families! Its not all that common where I am. Some like it, some hate it. Most people I know have 1, 2 or 3 kids.

I've never had nicknames either, my first I called her by her name from 12 weeks cos I just knew she was a girl and we called her Rose.
the rest were just baby.

Great news about scan Vjean!

We had a nickname for Sophia, it was and still is Bunkie, no idea where it came from but it stuck and she responds to both Sophia and Bunkie now!

Great scan results!

I've been feeling really queasy and tired today. I really wasn't expecting to feel like this so early- I had no symptoms until nearly 7 weeks last time. I've got so much to do having just moved house but I can't find the energy!

How have you all been feeling ladies? Any new symptoms?

I'm still feeling ok! Maybe an odd wave of nausea but nothing really!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->