Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

M2C, sorry the anniversary of your molar has come up :( but happy wedding anniversary. :flower: It's always strange to have the good mixed with the bad like that.

As for a homebirth, I love the idea of having the baby and then already being home, and not having a nurse coming to take your vitals every 30 minutes for the next two days (or at least it feels like that), but I have no desire to go without an epidural, and it would freak my husband out (since he's the type to worry about the worst-case scenarios). I'll admit, when I stop and think about it, I worry as well about some of those scary scenarios, like umbilical cord prolapse, where doctors have to rush you in to get a C-section immediately or the baby dies. Or severe hemorrhaging, which happens to my SIL after her births. :nope:

Luvymom, I didn't forget you! You were in my team pink list. :flower:

Zephyr, I hope everything is okay with your neighbor!

TTC, this boy's head/profile looked nothing like my DS's, so I thought for sure it was a girl. How wrong I was! :dohh:

Oh and about Facebook...Join the dark side, and together we can rule the galaxy! :rofl:

Spiffy! I'm such a dork! I'm so oblivious to my user name I didn't even notice it was me! My name is Jenn so I guess my pregnant brain was looking for that. :)

Beteas 150. They want me to go in tomorrow too to make sure they are doubling properly. But they were 34 on friday. So if my math is right doubling would be 134. So I dunno. But tomorrow I go in again and once my numbers hit 2000 I'll go in for a scan just to make sure everything is in the right place.
I used a online Beta hCG Doubling Calculator and it says my numbers are doubling every 33.62

Spiffy! I'm such a dork! I'm so oblivious to my user name I didn't even notice it was me! My name is Jenn so I guess my pregnant brain was looking for that. :)

:haha: Oh, I think we're all well-acquainted with pregnancy brain. :winkwink:

Mo2P, sounds like the twins are settling in nicely. :rofl:

:rofl: you're funny! if you jinx me with twins I expect matching onsies in the mail for all the trouble you've caused! lol

Luvymom, I didn't forget you! You were in my team pink list. :flower:

Zephyr, I hope everything is okay with your neighbor!

TTC, this boy's head/profile looked nothing like my DS's, so I thought for sure it was a girl. How wrong I was! :dohh:

Oh and about Facebook...Join the dark side, and together we can rule the galaxy! :rofl:

Oh my gosh thats one of the symptoms I t had that made me think I might be pregnant. In one day I ran a stop sign and sat at a green light. My brain just stopped working lol

I think those betas sound great. At least there keeping an eye on you!

Spiffy this is why I'm undecided. I think how lovely it could be but I have the niggling thought of what if.......! I guess we will see how comfortable and confident I feel in the next few weeks.

Xxx

I love the idea of a homebirth. If I'd had a straightforward delivery last time, I'm pretty sure I'd be going for a homebirth this time. As it is, I'll probably end up with another c-section, but at least I'll get to attempt VBAC! Either way, I'll go home as soon afterwards as I possibly can.

Thinking of you on this anniversary M2C. :hugs:

M2C, I think that's a good plan, to just wait and see. And like you said, you can always plan on the homebirth but then go to the hospital if you change your mind. There was a lady in third tri not long ago who had umbilical cord prolapse (which is why it came to mind), but she had been posting threads about feeling like something just wasn't right before she went into labor, so I think as moms, we sometimes get that intuition that tells us something is wrong, and if you ever got a feeling like that, you could always switch to a hospital birth. :flower:

Cangaroo, I also want to go home as soon after birth as I can, but it may be outside of my control if I have another early baby. Since my DS was "pre-term" (by one day!) they had to monitor his blood sugar levels and have him take a car seat test before he was allowed to leave the hospital, so we had to stay two days after, even though I was ready to go home the same day he was born.

I love going to the hospital. Its like a mini vacation for me :) Plus, I like my epi lol

Cangaroo I do hope you get your VBAC. At the end of the day you and baby need to be safe.

Spiffy I try not set my mind on things when it comes to labour! So much can happen you just never know. I hope my labour and birth goes more like indies but you never know. I just wanna feel confident in my choice so I shall see. What's a car seat test? With Corban I had to stay in as I couldn't wee!!! I had no sensation at all. Even during labour they had to drain my bladder. Basically I didn't want them to touch my sore sore lady bits so said I'd try wee but it got so late they said your having a catheter and staying in. Same thing nearly happened after my d&c but I had enough sensation to wee. After delivering indigo I had to produce a certain amount of wee before I could leave. I must have a delicate bladder!

Does an epidural feel strange? Can you feel contractions?

Xxx

I love going to the hospital. Its like a mini vacation for me :) Plus, I like my epi lol

Haha! That's exactly how I feel. I get to be away from home (and the kids) for a while and it's kind of nice to have people bring you meals and everything. (And I like my epidural, too!)

M2C, the car seat test is where they put the baby in the car seat for an hour and put an oxygen monitor on them. If their oxygen drops below a certain point, then they won't let the baby leave the hospital. I thought it was kind of silly in my case, since DS was 6lbs 11oz and all around healthy.

As for the epidural, it just feels like you're numb from the waist down. The shot itself isn't bad either, just a quick pinch for the numbing shot, and then pressure while the insert the line for the epidural. And depending on how strong the epidural is, you sometimes don't feel contractions at all, and sometimes you feel them mildly. Mine was wearing off as I was pushing my DD out, and so I felt WAY more than I wanted to, especially because I had an episiotomy, had lots of stitches, and then had to have my placenta manually removed. After that experience, I told my DH his only job during my second labor was to remind me to up my epidural dose when it got close to pushing. As it turns out, he forgot, but I remembered, and so I didn't feel the stitching or anything after DS was born. It was great. :D

I seeeee! Never heard of a car seat test!

They numbed my bits to cut and stitch me so I didn't really feel them with Corban. Indigo I had internal stitches and even though they numbed me I felt them. My sister had a epidural as she needed a forecep delivery and it made her have headaches that she could even sit up. She had to have blood patches and none of them worked so after a week at hospital they sent her home with pain relief and she just had to let it sort itself out. Spent a lot of time laying down as she could raise her head. That put me off epidurals!!! Uncommon I know but it worried me.

Even gas and air makes me feel sick so I don't use it! Haha!

Xxx

Yeah, the car seat test is usually reserved for preemies, which my son technically was, but barely.

I've only used gas and air once (we call it laughing gas here in the US) and it made zero difference, so I doubt I'd even bother trying it in labor. Not that they offer it here, anyway. As for the headache, I've heard of that happening, but like you said, it's pretty rare. I've actually heard of it happening more so with spinal blocks than epidurals, though. I had a killer headache after having DD, but I think that had to do with the 3 hours of pushing, since even blowing up a balloon will give me a headache usually.

Gas& air makes me feel sick and aswell the noise of it pisses me off! I'm just hoping this baby delivers quickly. Hoping labour time halves!

I'm so excited about meeting baby! Eek!

Xxx

were arnt offered it here in labor. So our choices are pretty limited for pain relief.

M2c eek! That sounds scary. I would probably feel the same way I think. You still have some time to decide though! Do you know if you have an increased risk of bleeding?

Bleeding is a concern of mine but I don't really have any reason to worry about it.
Though just these past few days we have had news coverage on our ambulance service here with reports of people having to wait over an hour for an ambulance! That is scary.

I loved g&a :) as soon as I tried it I thought 'I can do this!' But I didn't have stitches either so I didn't have that additional discomfort. I had a graze that bled a lot but it settled down quite quickly. I do not want to stay in hospital if I can avoid it, plus I do worry as dd's birthday is so close to my due date I don't want to be away from her then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->