Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Spiffy my son was born right at 36 weeks and I've heard every day makes a difference as far as needing nicu. But he had to go because he was having lung issues and troubles breathing. Luckily he was just fine after a week's stay :) My friend had her baby at 36+5 and he didn't go to nicu. I've heard 35, 36, &37 weekers can go both ways...just fine or nicu stay. Hope you never have to do nicu!

TTC, I hope so, too! The OB that I have right now said that she had an Irritable Uterus in her pregnancies, and one of her children came at 35 weeks, so I know it could be a possibility. But I asked her if she wouldn't mind checking my cervix at 34 weeks, instead of waiting until 36 weeks, so that I might have a better idea of how early I'll go into labor.

M2C, that must have been maddening to go later with your second than with your first. I hope baby #3 makes up for it by coming before your due date!

For me I had a couple of twinges in the day at 40+5 but nothing serious but that evening I got into bed and thought oww. Came downstairs and severe pain started immediately, I timed the pains and there weren't really any gaps just more painful and less painful. The most painful bits were 4 mins apart so I went in and they said 3cm go home. But I stayed at 3cm having severe pains for 2 days until I finally started having contractions properly which were not half as bad as the constant agony. Dd was in te wrong position apparently so I shall be putting a bit more thought into position for this baby!!

Veronicaco and Cangaroo, I hope you both get labors this time that progress faster!

Veronicaco, do you know what position your daughter was in that was causing all that pain?

Ugh, the old uterus is acting up tonight. 23 contractions in the last hour. :( But now that I've got both kids in bed, I can go lay down, which should help.

Spiffy I'm sorry it's playing up for you, I hope they ease up soon!

My pouch pack arrived earlier and I love it! The swaddle wraps I got are so soft.

https://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y379/aimeehartnell/Mobile%20Uploads/20140814_133644_zps3c49318b.jpg

When did yours start up this time spiffy? Last time i was already getting tons of Braxton hicks by 16 weeks the diagnosed with IU at 26+5 i believe. I was kind of expecting it already but no not yet!

Zephyr, that pouch pack looks great!

TTC, I first started feeling them at 8 weeks this time, but they were so infrequent that I barely noticed them most of the time. At 22 weeks is when I started to get a lot more, but today is the first time they've gotten to the every 2-3 minute point.

Thankfully they settled down quite a bit after I was able to lay down for a while.

Yay m2c and spiffy!! Happy 3rd tri to both of you :)

She was back to back and chin out so her head wasn't on my cervix which meant it wouldn't dilate, the contractions were trying but couldn't do their job. That's why I was pushing within 3 hours of active labour! I only just got her out though, my contractions really slowed towards the end and my last push was without a contraction as they didn't want me to wait!

Ouch, Veronicaco, so it sounds like it was mostly back labor? My DH's mother had back labor when she was pregnant with him, and didn't realize it was labor (she had been laying tile and thought she'd overdone it). When she finally went in to see her doctor about the pain, it was discovered that she was 10cm dilated! He was born 10 minutes later. :haha:

Thanks ladies! It's nice to be officially third tri! M2C, happy third tri to you, too! Here's my 27 week bump. :flower:

Attachments

• WP_20140814_09_08_04_Pro (1).jpg
    WP_20140814_09_08_04_Pro (1).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3
zephyr
Look what I just found while Googling lol

My levels were 265 at 16 or 17 dpo and I just found out its twins. I looked up hcg levels too but from everywhere I read the levels vary way too much and you could have high levels with just one and low levels with two! Good luck :D

BTW I got my HCG this morning new number is 370 :) So it doubled and then a little more just to be sure. I think if it were twins it would have tripled. I go in on tue for another one, if my lvls are 2000 or more I will get to set up a early scan

Oh my crap, Mo2P, you just about gave me a heart attack! You should have put the snippet you found in quotes, because I totally thought it was you saying "I just found out it's twins"! :dohh:

I had to read it twice too, Mo2P!

I've always wanted twins. I still do.

Hooray for 3rd trimester ladies! I'm only a week behind.

Cute pic Spiffy.

I cracked open an egg this morning and it had twin yolks. Mo2P, I think its a sign. :haha:

ROFL! I would be ok with twins, in fact I think it would be kinda neat. But Im sure there is just one in there.

Aww, it would be nice to have some twins on this thread. I can't wait to see all the new bumper crop of BFPs' scans!

I've just noticed I'm at less than 100 days to go! Missed that milestone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->