Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

You get used to it :) I think I survive on the new baby high for at least 16 months.

You get used to it :) I think I survive on the new baby high for at least 16 months.

See, I don't get that new baby high. I really struggle with the newborn stage and don't actually enjoy it very much at all. I feel awful saying this, but I pretty much get through it by telling myself that someday they'll be older. And maybe it's just that both of my kids so far have been horrible sleepers, horrible eaters, and generally fussy. DD had silent reflux and DS, as we now know, is allergic to milk, so I'm desperately hoping that this new baby won't have problems like that and will just eat and sleep like normal babies, because honestly, I get so tired of hearing about how everyone else's children slept through the night by 6 months and how they eat like champions. It just makes me feel like I must be doing something wrong. :cry:

I survived by co-sleeping. Even though DD woke several times a night for a long time, I mostly slept through as she could help herself. That's why having to drag myself out of bed and into her bedroom has been such a shock to the system! In many ways, I slept better when she was still co-sleeping. I'm glad she's moved out of her own accord, though, and I'm sure she'll stop waking soon.

Spiffy, fingers crossed this baby will be much easier on you!

28 week bump pic!! :)

I enjoyed the newborn stage immensely, I also co-slept with a sidecar cot which she slept in until she was a bit bigger and then she would snuggle up with me most nights and feed herself which meant my sleep was not very disturbed. I was very careful about practicing safe cosleeping though and kept her on my left not between me and Dh as I worried he wouldn't be as responsive.
We are getting some better sleep now so hopefully I can rest up before this little one arrives :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2
Another Co sleeper here though I can't do it with the new baby because the twins are still Co sleeping and its not safe with toddlers in the bed.

I hope you get an easy baby spiffy!
Aria had very bad reflux with a milk protein allergy and im hoping so bad that we don't go through that again. It definitely puts a damper on that early period. I found it incredibly hard to bond with a baby who screamed constantly and vomited everywhere :( and I spent my time telling myself she'll soon be older and wishing away that time.
I feel awful even saying that ^^

Veronica you look fab! Happy 28 weeks!

Spiffy I'd defo ask for a check! If it gives you peace of mind it's gonna be worth it.

Zephyr happy 33 weeks! As if you only have 7 weeks left!

I co-sleep with bubba! I too keep them on my side of the bed as DH sleeps like a log. I'm feeling tired too ladies.... Mine both sleep through but I wake loads during the night?! Not that I'm that uncomfortable I just wake??

As for the next age gap I'll keep it reasonably close again! I'm happy to get the sleepless night out the way in one big lump. Plus I get broody far to quickly! I am going to try hold out until this baby is a year before we think about another.

Is everybody getting sorted? Pushchairs etc? I've washed bubbas clothes. Trying to look for a pushchair! Giving me a headache!

Xxx

Spiffy I think most people like having a competition with there babies. All babies are different some have problems some don't! One does something quicker another doesn't! No right or wrong. I'm sure you do all you can for your babies. Your there mummy and that's all that matters. You know best for your bubs xxx

M2C- clothes are washed, I just need to get tiny tights to put under all the summer dresses we had for DD! We don't need a pushchair as I babywear and I have a stretchy wrap and a woven wrap already. I still need to get the cloth nappies down from the attic and washed. I also need things like maternity pads, breast pads and new nursing bras. I also need to set the cot up next to our bed in a sidecar arrangement and order a new mattress. Other than that, we're pretty much all set! It's much easier second time around so far. :)

See, I don't get that new baby high. I really struggle with the newborn stage and don't actually enjoy it very much at all. I feel awful saying this, but I pretty much get through it by telling myself that someday they'll be older. And maybe it's just that both of my kids so far have been horrible sleepers, horrible eaters, and generally fussy. DD had silent reflux and DS, as we now know, is allergic to milk, so I'm desperately hoping that this new baby won't have problems like that and will just eat and sleep like normal babies, because honestly, I get so tired of hearing about how everyone else's children slept through the night by 6 months and how they eat like champions. It just makes me feel like I must be doing something wrong. :cry:

Your not doing anything wrong! :hug: Every baby is different. Babies are little humans not dogs to be trained. They aren't meant to sleep through the night straight off. Most parents think if their baby hasn't started sleeping through the night by 6 months they have done something wrong or the baby has something wrong with them. Thats not true. They will start sleeping through the night when they are ready :D I also found it easier to just go in and comfort or feed baby instead of letting them cry it out. That lead to all of us being awake.

I co-sleep with a side sleeper until about 6-8 months. I have a rather large chest size so I can't sleep feed until the baby is older. But I do breastfeed the entire 1st year and then some. Grayson just started sleeping through the night at 16 months, waking once or twice for a feeding. Now he sleeps through with no issues.

28 week bump pic!! :)

I enjoyed the newborn stage immensely, I also co-slept with a sidecar cot which she slept in until she was a bit bigger and then she would snuggle up with me most nights and feed herself which meant my sleep was not very disturbed. I was very careful about practicing safe cosleeping though and kept her on my left not between me and Dh as I worried he wouldn't be as responsive.
We are getting some better sleep now so hopefully I can rest up before this little one arrives :)

I love your bump! So cute! I wish mine looked like that! I was going to try and start working out to help get pregnant and to trim up some. But I made it through two days before finding out we are expecting LOL then the MS started kicking in. I really hope I can pick it back up though soon. I would love to be more fit or trip after baby then before :)

Nothing set up yet. Once I find out gender I have loads of baby cloths to go through. I've saved both sets from the last two for newborn to at least a year. That will save money!

Ive got a question since these are 2 and 3rd + babies for everyone, are any of you haveing a baby shower? I didnt have one for my last baby and I feel kinda bad. I was thinking about having an casserole and diaper party. Have a big BBQ pot luck and have everyone bring one or the other. That way we all get to hang out and see one another. I dont really need anything since I save everything.

We are doing a sip and see once baby is born. That way everyone can meet baby, bring something if they want, and have a snack :)

My DH said absolutely no kids sleeping in our bed before our first was even born, so co-sleeping was never really an option for us (which is just as well, since I'm a really light sleeper, and would probably wake up any time the baby moved). Plus, letting the baby just nurse himself throughout the night wouldn't work, because I wear a religious garment that looks sort of like a camisole, so that baby would have to be pretty clever to find his way to my breasts.

Zephyr, it made me feel so much better to read your reply. It's nice to know that someone else who has dealt with the same difficulties also felt the same way as me, because I was starting to feel like there was just something wrong with me for not enjoying my newborns. But like you said, it's hard to enjoy a baby that screams and throws up all the time. :(

Okay, enough of my moaning. (I've been kind of depressed the past few days).

As for preparations, we bought a third car seat the other day, and I finally went through DS's baby clothes and sorted out all the newborn things and organized them into little totes that I have on my changing table, so that's really all I had left to do. Now I just need to put together a hospital bag at some point, and I'll be ready to go. I think I'll do the bag at 32 weeks. (I put together my bag for DS at 35 weeks, thinking I had plenty of time still, and then he came the next week. Thank goodness I didn't wait any longer! :dohh:)

I'm wishing we were a lot more organised! I will be starting to put my hospital bag together at about 32 weeks as well but just because I want to be organised :)
On a happier note I have the midwife tomorrow for the first time in three months!!

Okay, so in my last post I said that we packed our hospital bag a week before DS arrived, but I was reading my journal today and realized that we actually only packed it two days before going into labor! :dohh:

Veronicaco, good luck with your appointment tomorrow! I have my appointment on Wednesday. :flower:

I got the nappies and the car seat down from the attic today. I checked the car seat's expiration date and it's not until December 2016 so will last DD2 no problem! I need to gradually wash all the nappies- I want to strip wash them as well as possible before DD2 arrives.

I'm not seeing the midwife again until September 1st having not seen them since 16 weeks!

Spiffy it really is hard! I can definitely relate. Gaviscon didn't help Aria at all last time but it helped Max so I've stocked up big time just in case haha and I know the whole process now and hopefully can skip months of trouble if it were to happen again.
Just the fight for meds alone was crazy!
That was great timing packing your bag two days before labour lol

time is flying! I saw I had less than 50 days left and panicked a little.

Hubby said I could get a new couch yesterday I'm so happy! It was very cheap but it will be nice when I'm up all those nights with a new baby.
It arrives today.
The couches we have are good but they are a light tan color and with 5 kids they look very grubby very quickly no matter how often they are cleaned.

DD also had reflux which I'm sure was caused by the tongue tie I never bothered to get cut as she was feeding well (I thought...). Gaviscon helped a little, but is so hard to get into an EBF baby and made her constipated. Ranitidine was much, much better. But next time around I'll be seeing an IBCLC immediately if I have any suspicion of a tongue tie.

Veronica I have my midwife at 2 today. Hope you get on ok.

I didn't realise till the other day that car seats have an expiration date! Will be checking that when I get it out of the loft!

Xxx

How did it go m2c? Mine was fine, measuring on track, bp fine, took bloods and listened on the Doppler. The only downside is I need to have my whooping cough jab again which made me feel terrible last time!! Scan is booked for sep 30th :) can't wait!!!

Glad all went well! I've booked my whooping cough jab for next Tuesday. I remember my arm feeling sore but bit sure if I had any other side affects. Hope it's easier on you this time. I'm measuring 27cm, bp low side of normal, heartbeat all good too! Now up 4kg from booking in appointment so I've started gaining. She said I maybe anemic but the bloods will tell us that! Yay to a scan!

When are everyone's next appointments? I go again to see the midwife in 3 weeks!

Excited!

Xxx

Glad to hear your appointments went well.

My next appointment is on monday which is when she said we will do my birth plan. I feel so nervous about it mostly because time is flying maybe because im so busy with the other kids?

This saturday night im taking my son to a celtic pipe band thing at the theater. They have the regions highland dancers in it and my daughter will be in it too so im excited to go. It should be lots of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->