Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Just went online to see if my test results were up and they were! I passed the glucose test and the fetal fibronectin came back negative. :flower:

Wow, that's great you got results so quick. My lab is on the 4th floor. Amma they'll just call of anything comes back bad. Oh well, no biggie. I'm not worried about the GD, but I am curious to see if my iron is low.

Luvymom, you can sign up to use Intermountain's "My Health" portal online, which is where they post the results to every test, lab, and ultrasound. I like it, because I like know by exactly how much I passed or failed anything. Like the cut-off for GD is 139 and I got 109. (I actually had a bowl of cereal and a donut for breakfast yesterday and was worried that all that sugar might skew the results, but thankfully I still passed! :dohh:)

Lovely bump, M2C! And happy 28 weeks to you as well! Your ticker is so small that I often glance at it but don't really see what week/days you're at, so I'm sorry, I feel like I'm always forgetting that you're a day ahead of me. :dohh:

So I just set up my next appointment with the OB for September 3rd. (My next one was going to be September 17th, but she said she'd prefer to see me in 2 weeks, instead.)

I'm officially 3rd tri now! It's going so fast... Midwife, bloods and pertussis vaccine on Sept 1st.

Happy third tri! Eek! Exciting!

Spiffy that's ok! I usually post a bump pic but didn't yesterday.

Xxx

Yay for 3rd tri Cangaroo.

Spiffy that's really cool you can get your results like that so quickly.

My belly shape is changing I think I've started dropping. I need to pee so much now and I can eat more and breathe easier.
I don't like having to get up to pee 3 or 4 times before falling asleep though :/

Tomorrow is going to be such a long day for me. I have to leave the house at 8am and won't be home till 10pm at the earliest. My whole 'rest' weekend is busy.

Zephyr, I can tell my bump has dropped a little too, and it makes sense, since my fundal height was 3 weeks ahead at my last appointment, but only 1 week ahead yesterday.

Sorry you have such a long day ahead of you tomorrow. :( Hopefully you can find sometime to rest.

Here's my 28 week bump. :flower:

Attachments

• WP_20140821_16_01_38_Pro (2).jpg
    WP_20140821_16_01_38_Pro (2).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3
Its crazy huh! Have you dropped this early before? With my singles it was later.
tbh I would rather not be able to eat and breathe than pee so much.
today I have that waddle going on and pressure down below if im up standing for too long.

I'm trying to remember when I dropped with my DS. I think it was around 32 weeks, so this is earlier for me. However, I have a ridiculously short torso (my hip bones are 1 finger's width from my rib cage) so even after I drop, I still can't breath. :( But yes, the peeing is super annoying, especially when you have two toddlers that have to follow you into the bathroom every time you go. :dohh: Plus, (and this is totally TMI) whenever I sit on the toilet I feel like I'm going to split open along my episiotomy scar or something. It's downright uncomfortable.

As for the waddle, I feel like I walk with my stomach way out in front of me, so combined with the swaying side to side, I bet I look pretty silly. :haha:

Okay, random question for you all: have any of you experienced the let-down sensation during pregnancy, even when you're not producing milk? (Obviously unless if you're still BFing, of course.) I've been having that happen to me lately, and I don't recall it happening in my last two pregnancies. And I never leak or anything until after the baby is born.

Spiffy you look fab! On a few occasions I've felt like I had a let down and check and nothing. If I give boobs I get a tiny bit of milk but I'm not leaking.

Zephyr hope your days not tiring! I don't think I drop till a lot later on. All the weeing drives me mad!

Xxx

I havnt had that let down feeling in a long time! I never got it after having the twins I'm not sure why. Even when I was expressing and could see the milk the let down feeling just never happened but did with my other babies.
I am still feeding max, for a while there my supply dropped but it didn't phase him at all.
I was hoping he would wean but nope.

Still breastfeeding, but I haven't had a letdown sensation for years! It became much less obvious after the first few months, probably about the tome my supply properly regulated and I stopped leaking. I think I have very little milk now. DD is feeding around twice a day, sometimes more, and assures me there's still milk... She is, however, drinking loads of cow's milk to make up for the drop in my supply. I told her last night that there would be lots of milk again when the baby arrives and she was very excited!

Dd has just started taking an interest in boobie milk again and seems to be getting some out! It's been lovely and convenient to feed her to sleep for her nap although her latch is quite painful still.

Just had my jab after having a really bad nights sleep so can't tell what's making me feel groggy lol! Glad to get it over with tho :)

Veronicaco, the evening after the vaccine, I was saying to my DH, "My arm is so sore, but I can't remember doing anything to it!" Pregnancy brain. :dohh: But aside from soreness, I don't think it gave me any other side affects.

That's great that so many of you are still able to breastfeed, even if it's just a little. I would guess (though I have no experience) that it will make breastfeeding the next baby a lot easier because your nipples will still be "toughened up". That 8-10 weeks of pain was horrible for me. It was such a shame that I only got about a month of good BFing after the pain went away and before my DS started to freak out every time I tried to feed him (which I now know was probably due to his milk allergy).

I breast fed through my last pregnancy. I thought it would help with new baby, but it didn't lol still hurt like hell. This time I was going to breast feed again but I was only feeding at night and when I missed one feeding Grayson didn't ask for it or even complain. So it's been about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->