Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Happy birthday!

I've found breastfeeding to be quite painful at times. Every few weeks we go through a few days of soreness but I think that's due to my bump growing and having to reposition him so its comfortable.

Yesterday was a very long day! I can't believe I made it through since I was up at 6am and didn't get to bed till 11 something.
Close to show time I got a bit worried I was overdoing it and then the poor baby got a fright when the bagpipes started :( but was fine during the rest of the show.
Today I am putting my feet up, watching movies with the younger kids and resting

Happy birthday m2c!! Hope you had a fab one :)

Time to relax and rest Zephyr xx

Zephyr, I'm glad that everything went well the other day, even though it was exhausting. Get lots of rest!

My right hip has been in so much pain today. I know I have issues with my hips being misaligned, but I go through phases during pregnancy where it's just excruciating trying to walk, and turning over in bed makes me gasp in pain. I need to find a good chiropractor.

Oh, and two people got stabbed just around the corner from our house, last night. Apparently they pulled into their driveway and there were 5 people standing in their yard that they didn't know, so they asked them to leave and it turned into an argument and the two homeowners were stabbed. Kind of scary. :(

Thank you for the messages lovely ladies!

Oh my spiffy! That's pretty scary. I just guess you have to be careful.

Zephyr hope you got to rest.

How is everyone?

Xxx

I'm super tired again having been loads better all week. We had a really lovely, but ling and busy, day yesterday meeting up with old friends. I've been exhausted all day today as a result... I sent DD and OH to Church without me and spent the morning in bed.

On the plus side, I'm strip washing nappies as I type and all the baby toys are down from the attic. Yay!

I've been having another rough day. I actually gave myself an anxiety attack and was hyperventilating so bad that I started to feel dizzy and tingly in my legs, and then I followed that with about an hour of crying. My DS would not nap this morning, and then after sending my DH and DD off to church while I tried to get him ready, he threw up all over the place, and since DH was gone, I had to clean it by myself. Then he was super fussy at church because he was tired, and then DD was throwing dramatic tantrum after tantrum, so I felt like I was just losing my temper with her all morning, and then DS took a very short afternoon nap, which means we're in for the long haul for the rest of the day. Add on the pregnancy hormones, and I've just been a mess. :(

This has been happening so much recently that I wonder if I'm actually suffering with prenatal depression. Or maybe it's just that baby #3's arrival is creeping closer and I'm just panicking about how much harder things are going to get. I wish I would have known how hard it would be to have three kids so close together. :nope:

Spiffy! I totally get where you're coming from! I'm so exhausted all the time and just don't seem to have the energy to get things organised at home. This paired with the fact that the due date looms closer and closer makes me feel quite worried! You have one more kid to worry about than I do!! But I keep reminding myself that it's ok and it will work out and there are people I can count on for support. With all of the worries come a new little amazing person into our lives :) so it must be worth it!!

I think that's what's making me panic the most, Veronicaco: the fact that I DON'T really have people I can count on for support. Of course my DH is great, but he works so much that he just can't be there for me when I need help sometimes. My mother passed away when I was young, so I don't have her, and my dad means well, but never really thinks about helping me the way that a mother would. And then there's my MIL who seems to be able to drop everything for her own daughter, but just can't seem to find the time to help me when I need it. And my only good friend just moved away a month ago. So I know that I'll pretty much be on my own most of the time. :(

I'm sorry you don't have much help spiffy! We are the same with no help, it does get very hard and stressful at times. Hubby and I havnt had a date since I was 8 months pregnant with the twins and we do everything ourselves so I feel a bit nervous about the new baby too. I plan on baby wearing alot!

Do you know anyone with teen daughters who would be willing to help? I find they usually love babies and are eager to help out even if it's just cuddling baby while you have a shower or whatever.

I get to meet my neighbours baby today! She phoned me last week to come visit but hubby has sunday and mondays off so I had to wait till today.

Also hubby decided he doesn't like the boys name he picked anymore and our girls name is probably not going to be used either as our feelings have changed with our chosen names!! Cant believe we are back to debating names again.

I'm sorry spiffy! I'm lucky in that my mum will come and visit for about 5/6 weeks when the baby comes and we have my brothers wedding at the end of nov so I will have loads of family around until early dec, then a couple of weeks later it will be Xmas so Dh will be off for a couple of weeks then. After that it's January and I will hopefully be back out to my mummy clubs and routine!
Like zephyr I'm planning to baby wear a lot, I have a stretchy moby wrap and a woven that I'm going to be able to bf in so I should be able to give dd plenty of attention still. This is assuming everything goes to plan :)
Will your husband have any time off at all Spiffy? Xxx

Zephyr, there are a few teenage girls in my church, but babysitters cost money, and so I never feel like we should spend the money for one on top of what we'd already be spending on a date. Thankfully, we can sometimes talk my younger brothers into staying the night at our house on Friday so that we can put the kids to bed and then go out while my brothers are here. But the problem is that we have to drive an hour to go get them and take them home, so it's kind of a pain.

I'm glad you got to meet your neighbor's baby! :flower:

Veronicaco, that's great that your mom will help you out so much! My dad will literally come see the baby once or twice during the first 6 weeks, and will only stay long enough to say hi, and then go, so definitely not much help. :dohh: Thankfully my DH will have a week off work when the baby comes, so I'm really excited about that, since he only had about 3 days off with the first two babies (he has a new employer now). We're still not sure how much time he'll get off at Thanksgiving and Christmas though.

Well, I'm feeling a little better this morning. I really do think that I'm suffering with prenatal depression now (I'm predisposed to depression as it is). My DH and I are going to see if we can get it under control without medication first, but if that isn't working, I'll talk to my OB about it when I see her on the 3rd. What frightens me most about this, is that 50% of women who experience depression during pregnancy go on to have postpartum depression as well. Pray for me, ladies, that that won't be the case!

I'm sorry spiffy I hope that isn't the case and you guys can get it sorted!
glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today :)

Had my midwife appointment yesterday and im measuring 36 weeks :/ she said she's not surprised I'm feeling pressure and weeing more as babys head is just resting on my pubic bone and that baby is a 'good size' for dates eeeek haha

She said as long as im over 37 weeks I can do a home birth which is less than 3 weeks away! I think I will feel more excited about home birth after I reach 37 weeks. I'm sure I will, I expect to go overdue.

She carries breathing tubes for intubation of both mum and baby if needed and there is always a second midwife present for the birth.
The chance of anything life threatening going wrong is slim.

She also ran me through the possible scenario of me delivering baby on my own before she arrives as one of my births happened quite fast and she said that could happen again, or my labour could stall like the others, we just dont know.
I hope it doesn't stall again :/

Zephyr, it's crazy to think that you're less than 3 weeks away from hitting term! (It's better to think about that than 40+ weeks :winkwink:) I'm glad that you're feeling good about your plans for a homebirth. I hope your labor is quick, but not so quick that your midwife can't get there first! I know my DH would panic if he thought he had to deliver my baby by himself! :haha:

Hubby panicked while we were talking about it lol but when he realised it would be better at home than in the car on the way to hospital he calmed down a bit.
I cant believe term is so close too and it does make the gap to 40-41 weeks easier to look at.
Its all sort of sinking in a bit now. I cant believe we will have another new baby very soon.

I know, it's insane how quickly time flies. I'm still thinking that this baby will be born around 36 weeks, like my DS, which is only 8 weeks from now. So crazy! Now I just need to get my DS sleeping through the night before then... :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->