Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Aww, shucks! One of these days, I going to predict twins for someone and actually be right! :haha:

But seriously, congrats on a healthy little bean! :flower:

Mo2p congratulations! You sure the other one wasn't well hidden! Hehe!

Zephyr your sooooo close. Glad you got to talk more about your homebirth. Have they given you a list of things you may need? Or will you sort that out when you hit 37 weeks. How crazy! Exciting times though.

Spiffy sorry your feeling a bit low. Hopefully you and oh can work through if together. Also hoping little man starts sleeping through for you soon. As if you may only have 8 weeks left! You better be packing your bag soon!

I have my whooping cough jab today! Hopefully it's ok as I'm going to London sight seeing. Nearly 29 weeks! Woo!

Xxx

Eeek good luck with your jab :p

Not a huge list, a bunch of old towels for clean ups etc
Some small tarps that I could sew some towels onto if I wanted.
she brings some birthing pads/covers like in the hospital but they are just for the birthing area so I think I will get a cover for our couch and the floor and make them up just in case.

a nice soft towel for the baby to wipe it down with.
I think that was all she said to get.

That's not to much to get really. We have a bundle of old towels. I've read ladies suggesting a shower curtain. I'm still in the middle..... Want a home birth for sure but also feel the safety of midwife led. At least I have a whole to decide!

Xxx

Such a big decision! But you'll know what is right when you get closer :p

baby is definitely low down on my pubic bone, the pain is bad! Since that dropping feeling last week ive been having clusters of braxtons. Sitting, standing, it doesn't matter what im doing I go through periods of having them.
Midwife said it was fine though.

M2C, love the bump! It looks like it's starting to round out at the top so it's more of a ball, if that makes sense. :flower: Mine's been like that for a long time because of my short torso. :dohh:

Zephyr, I hope the pain on your pubic bone has eased a little. :( My OB suggested getting on hands and knees and rocking forwards and backwards if you're in pain and want to try and move the baby into a different position.

As for me, I got a letter from my OB saying that my iron was low when I had my blood taken, so they want me to take an iron supplement. I've only started yesterday, so we'll see if I experience any side-affects from that.

Thanks spiffy! It certainly looks ball like! Haha! I can't believe most of us are nearly 30 weeks.

I've also heard about the hands and knees to encourage bubs to move.

Mo2p and ttc how are you doing? When are your next scans?

Xxx

Next scan Sept 11th. Doing Great except MS kicked in full swing yesterday and still hasn't left.

I'm so excited! I'll be interviewing the cast of ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY!! (opening in theatres on 10/10) I get to interview Steve Carell, Jennifer Garner, Ed Oxenbould, Dylan Minnette, Kerris Dorsey and Bella Thorne! I am so excited to meet Steve Carell and Felicity is BEYOND excited I will be meeting Bella Thorne. This is going to be an amazing trip that only Disney can provide! Disney is flying me out and paying for everything. I just gotta show up lol I'm worried my morning sickness will give me a hard time though. It's not for another 3 weeks. So fingers crossed I survive!

Oh my gosh! How exciting mo2p!!!! Will it be on tv???? Wow so jealous!!!!!! Hope you have a great time :)

My next scan is also the 11th :) Hoping everything looks good!

Sorry I haven't been on much lately. My little guy was 1 yesterday and so I've been busy! Only responding to direct questions....lol :)

I'm still having morning sickness but my tummy popped this week! It's been nice because last time i popped at 25ish weeks then was on bedrest off and on until 34 week so no one saw my bump :)

M2C, I know! I was just thinking about that...30 weeks. It makes me feel like I'm actually in the third trimester, because I almost feel like an imposter when I'm still 20-something weeks. :haha:

Mo2P, I'm so jealous! Are you nervous? Have you interviewed any celebrities before? Also, you should give us the link to your blog so we can check it out. :flower: Sorry about the MS, though. How long does it usually last for you?

TTC, happy birthday to your little guy! Will you get to find out the gender at your next scan? I'm glad you get to enjoy showing off your bump this time! How crappy that you didn't get to last time. :(

Oh still congrats!!!!!! That is so awesome!!!!!!!

What is your blog? I'd love to read it :)

Thanks spiffy! He had a good day! :)

Yes! We should be able to find out! But with my son i didn't find out at the scan. We did a reveal where my hubby bought baby's coming home outfit and i opened it at the party and that's how we found out :) This time i was going to find out at the scan but then i decided that would be kind of a let down so my mom is going to find out. She's going to get wooden letters and then dh and i will open those and reveal the name at the same time :) I am so sure this is a boy I'm going to come across as unhappy if it's a girl i think. I will just be so shocked!

Our boy name is Jude and we've liked Kinlyn for a girl but yesterday we heard Daelyn and almost like it better. Thoughts?

How are you doing spiffy? I saw you were having a hard time :( You've been in my thoughts :hugs:

https//:Saving4Five.com :) Although I haven't posted much in the last week or so. Been way too sick :( But I really need to get on it.

Mo2P, your blog looks great! :flower:

TTC, I saw your post in second tri about your family all thinking that your baby is a girl. Even if it is a girl, that's really annoying that they won't let up about it! I know what you mean about the shock, though. We were 100% convinced this baby was a girl, so it was definitely a shock and also a little bit of a disappointment because we were so set on it being a girl.

I'm doing much better now. I was definitely suffering with depression, but my DH gave me a priesthood blessing (in our church, men are ordained to the priesthood and are able to lay their hands on the head of those who are sick or in need of help and give them a blessing from God) and in the blessing, I was told that if I read my scriptures every day and listened to more hymns, the depression would be taken away, and it has! I've felt completely myself again, and it's sooooo nice. I hated feeling like I was living in a state of constant hopelessness. I won't get too into this, but I'm so thankful that my husband is able to give me (and my kids) blessings like that. I don't know what I'd do without it. :flower:

Spiffy glad to hear you are feeling better :) Thanks for the tip, I'll try that and see if it helps.
Good luck with the iron tabs, I'm on them too but thankfully my only side effect is nausea and vomiting if I don't take them with enough food.

mo2p how exciting! Sorry you are feeling so ill. Have you tried taking a ginger and b6 supplement?

35 weeks tomorrow O_O 2 more weeks till term and then I can relax a bit more.
Tomorrow I'm off to another dance competition with my daughter.
This will hopefully be our last busy weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->