Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Zephyr, how fun to have the towel that baby will be snuggled in when he/she is born! Probably makes it seem a bit more real. :flower:

I don't think I'll carry this baby much longer than my DS, but that's because I'm typically dilated to 2cm by 35/36 weeks, and then I tend to dilate one cm a week until labor starts. With my DD, I was 4cm the day I went into labor, and with DS, I was 3cm the day I went into labor (I happened to have internal exams on the day labor started each time, so I actually know, which is cool). I feel like the only reason I carried my DD to 38 weeks is because I wasn't constantly contracting, like I was with my DS.

But we'll see! Watch, I'll actually go overdue with this one. :dohh:

Lol spiffy i think you said before that the 3rd baby is a wildcard! :)

Sorry i haven't posted too much lately! Happy 30 weeks m2c!

Zephyr! Wow so close to meeting your little one! Congrats hon you're nearly there!

Hi Canga :)

I had a blood appt today and my bp was really low. 88/54 i believe. Ugh I've been feeling like crap so i guess that explains it. I called my ob since I've been lightheaded and nearly passing out for a week or so. The nurse has me eating every 2 hours, more salt, and 80oz of water a day. If I'm not 100% better in 2 days I'm supposed to go in. I'm sure I'll feel better but in the meantime I'm nervous to go out or drive with ds by myself.

Hope everyone is feeling alright :)

Haha! Well I guess you could go over but it does sound like you wont which is kind of exciting since your labour watch starts a bit earlier :p exciting after term of course! I dont know how I would feel leading up to 37 weeks in your situation though, that would be nerve wrecking.

I thought the towel thing was kinda nice too but this morning I woke up at 5am thinking "my baby wont have those cute teeny hospital bracelets I kept for all the others!"
So I think ill ask my midwife if she can get me some for me and baby and ill make my own tags up to put in them. We wont get a card for the hospital bed either :(
I dont know why this upset me!

Im sorry you arent feeling good ttc I hope it passes!

TTC, that sounds miserable. :( I really hope you can get your BP under control so you can start feeling better.

Zephyr, that's not silly. I can totally see why you'd want the same little keepsakes for this baby that you have for your others. I still have my hospital bracelet from when I was born. Hopefully your midwife can get you some. :flower:

Yeah, the lead up to 37 weeks is definitely different knowing that I could have a preterm baby, but I'm not overly worried, since DS was only one day preterm and perfectly healthy, and this baby seems to be growing nice and big like his brother.

Zephyr how lovely you bought baby's towel! That would excite me lots thinking baby will be wrapped in it. Hopefully baby doesn't weigh to much for you. Your gonna be the first to be bombarded with baby watch! Hehe! I also thought that about baby's wrist bands. I'm still undecided at the moment what to do. I have an appointment Monday so will have a bit of a chat to the midwife then.

Spiffy sounds like your more than likely to go early..... So that's kinda the end of October? Oooooooo!

Ttc I sorry you've not been well. Hope what they said helps improve things.

Mo2p I saw your fb announcement! Awesome work!

I'm sure I'll go over again! Just think my babies get nice and comfy. I don't mind waiting a little longer if labour is nice and swift!!!!

Oh and 30 weeks today!!!!! Xxx

Hi all!

Sorry you're feeling rubbish TTC. :( Hope you feel better soon.

How exciting that you're so close Zephyr! It still feels a long way to go for me.

Spiffy- you wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you went overdue! It would be such a surprise! Whereas if I go into labour before my due date, I'll be amazed and probably feel very unprepared!

Cangaroo, I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I hit 39 weeks! :dohh:

Mo2P, loved the announcement! What was yours and DH's family's reaction to the news?

M2C, happy 30 weeks!!!

DH family is Catholic , enough said lol :)

Thanks about the FB announcement. I was so worried because last time I announced days later I was telling everyone I had lost the baby. But I read a article that asked why do we wait? We wait in case something goes wrong, but we keep our joy to ourselves for another 2 months. But if something does go wrong and no one knows that you were even pregnant, then how are they supposed to help and support you. You're left suffering alone. So I said to hell with it and announced.

Plus I feel much more confident this time around. I'm sick as a dog LOL Last time I wasn't It is true what they say. Symptoms are a good sign. Even though they lay us up. I can't take Zofran anymore because it causes the worst constipation for me. and does nothing for my heartburn. But it does work, for all of 2 hours or so Im in heaven.

Mo2P, I think I've read the same article that you're talking about. And I agree, if a loss does happen, it's better to have shared the joy of the pregnancy with others while you had it, and not have to share the bad news after the happy stage has already passed. Plus, I would want the people closest to me to know what was going on because I'd want the support and understanding. My loss was so early that we hadn't told anyone, and it was so hard smiling and acting happy while I was crying inside (and we lived with DH's family at the time, so I couldn't even avoid family).

Just got back from my 30 week appointment. She asked if I wanted her to check my cervix this time, but I'm not too worried at the moment, so I said I fine without it. I'm measuring 31 and 1/2 and to my surprise, baby isn't engaged at all! With all the pelvic pain I've been having, I thought for sure he'd be a little engaged, but I guess the worst is yet to come. :wacko:

Glad you had a good appointment spiffy! Happy 30 weeks tomorrow!

Yay for 30 weeks m2c :)

After eating every two hours i really do think I'm feeling a bit better! It's tough as i still don't feel like eating a whole lot with still having nausea but i haven't gotten the about-to-pass-out feeling all day. Only one more bottle of water to go before i meet my water quota too :)

Ah stupid phone posted before I'm done...

Thank you ladies for your well-wishes :)

DS had his 12 month shots yesterday. I asked to delay a couple, but he's still running a temp, having diarrhea and i think has a cold on top :( Ugh i hate him feeling sick :( It's so sad he's no where near his happy self :( I'm sure tomorrow will be better!

Hope you all had a nice day :)

Ah so exciting passing that 30 week mark :) 75% cooked! More for you probably spiffy ;)
Ttc I hope your little one is feeling better soon, I hate the jabs but better than the alternative I guess!! Xxx

Ttc I hope your lo feels better soon! Glad to hear you are doing better :)

M2c good luck with your appointment on monday :) im glad it wasnt just me thinking about the wrist bands haha

Spiffy glad your appointment went well, it sure sounded like baby had dropped. I hope the pain doesn't get too much worse.

TTC, I hope your little guy is feeling better today. It's so hard when the little ones aren't feeling well. :hugs:

Veronicaco, how are you feeling? Getting achy or still doing ok?

Zephyr, 9 days til term! I think we're all living a little vicariously through you right now since you're getting so close! ;)

Well, I'm 30 weeks! Now I feel like I can start the final countdown. I'm so glad that I have an ultrasound in two weeks to look forward to, to help break up the last bit. :flower:

Congrats on 30 weeks :)
9 days yay that sounds so close! Then there will only be another 21 after that omg.

Im so bored. I actually have no plans for the next month on purpose so I can rest but time is dragging now. I kinda wish I kept myself busy. I mean my days are busy with the twins but its nice to break up the same old routine every now and then.

I was going to wait until I was in labour to set the hammock up but im thinking I may do it today just so that I can teach my two that they need to not swing off it etc cos I can totally see that ending badly lol
I just wanted to keep it nice and clean.

So exciting zephyr! Can't quite believe you are nearly there!!

I'm ok thanks Spiffy, I felt very tired for at least a week after the whooping cough jab, I had thought it was just pregnancy tiredness but I'm feeling loads more energetic this week so finally getting properly organised. I have my health visitor
Appt next week, not that pleased that she inisted on coming in the morning as that's when we have activities/classes. But she's coming at 9am so I will have to have everything looking civilised the night before.
I have my scan on 30th sep and then midwife after that so nothing to break up this month really.
How's everyone else doing? :)

I have the midwife Monday then I'm not sure after that. I'm planning on getting the crib and car seat out of the loft about 36 weeks and maybe start on a hospital bag (gonna pack one even if I have a homebirth)

Zephyr I can't believe it's that close! 29 days! As if! Any signs? Hehe!

Ttc how's you? Little man any better?? Hope so!

Spiffy hope it's not to uncomfy when bubba engages! Ouchy! I also can't believe it's possible you don't have long left either!

Veronica it's rubbish the jab made you feel tired but stcleast you have some energy back. I don't think I'll see my health visitor until at least next month if not November. Look forward to getting babies red book.

So I ordered my pushchair! Woooo! Still waiting for it but a lot of it is due to be delivered throughout the month. Excited!

Xxx

M2C, did you not already have a double stroller with Corban and Indigo? We're still using our double right now, but when Asher gets here, DD is getting kicked out to make room. :haha:

So, what's a red book?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->