Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

It's feeling very soon some days, forever away others!

Sorry you've had a rough time TTC. Glad things have settled.

Love the pumpkin outfit, Spiffy! I have several Christmas outfits ready- an elf costume, a reindeer costume and a smart red Christmas dress. :)

I'm feeling loads better since getting things sorted for maternity leave. I'm going to be a lot better off than I was expecting. Things have really fallen into place, finally and I'm very relieved!

I seem to be fine in the week (people at work keep commenting on how well U am and how "good" I am at being pregnant!), but then collapse in an exhausted heap at the weekend! It's very annoying. OH took DD to the park on Saturday so I could nap, but the. I couldn't get to sleep on Saturday night. Oh well! Only 8.5 weeks until maternity leave...

Veronica what names have you picked out?

Zephyr I always wanted a homebirth. Because of the molar I had indie at the midwife led unit because I thought what if...... This time I feel I can do it. I'm pretty much set on it. At least in labour if I do change my mind I can just go in. I look forward to hearing your story! Another day closer.

Spiffy you look great! How exciting you may get. 3d face shot. Look forward to seeing it!

My midwife told me to take my iron tablets with orange juice. I can't remember any side effects when I took it after the molar so we shall see!

Xxx

Cangaroo I'm pleased your maternity leave is all sorted must be a weight off your shoulders knowing it's sorted specially if it's worked out a bit better than you thought.

Xxx

Cangaroo, I'm glad your maternity leave is going to be better than you were expecting. I love it when things turn out that way! :flower:

That's how I felt when I found out that my DH gets a week off work and a week to work from home after the baby is born, since they don't technically have to give him anything, since paternity leave is not required in the US.

What's paternity leave like outside the US?

Paternity leave is two weeks on basic pay although it can depend on your employer. Dh has just saved his leave up and will take a couple of days off each week for a few weeks. :)

I barely have a list tbh. I keep liking things and going off them..... With dd's name it just felt perfect straight away. I am a planner so I like to be prepared. Totally stressing me out!

Two months today til my due date!! :)

Veronica Corban was due 9th November! But was a week late. What kinda names have been on your list? I think we are set on iya and cooper..... Looking through names when nothing stands out is hardwork! We still need to decide on middle names.

Because chris is now self employed we don't get paternity pay so he will probably end up just taking one week off. His company shut down for crimbo for nearly 3 weeks so seeing as that's not far from bubba being born it's ok.

Xxx

Veronicaco, two weeks is pretty nice, but I think your DH's plan is even better since it's not just one chunk of time, followed by no time. It would be nice to have it spread out like that. As for names, there are a few names that I like that don't meet DH's requirements, but I'm not sure if they're unique enough for you. The ones I can think of right now, are Connor, Riley, Rowan, and Evan.

M2C, what's crimbo?

Ascher
Cole
Coda
Chord
Eran
Ennor
Luka
Heath
Felix
Nate Nathaniel
Lucas
Kingsley
Leighton
Dax
Paxton
Nolan
Opus
Jax
Owen
Reed
Rowan
Talan
Penn
Xenon
Axwell
Enzo
Helix
Hadley
Dexter

Don't really like any though lol!!

We were going to use Felix! But not anymore :p
Hubby wants Asher now.

my pelvic pain is getting worse I can feel the head grinding on it. Night time is bad, im having to sleep with a hot water bottle between my legs now just to get some relief from the pain.
im probably going to be a huge whinge bag the next few weeks lol

Our names for boys have been c based! Cody, Corey, Corban, casey, cooper! I like brody too. Heard Saxon which I think is cute..... Erm....... I'm not good with names!

Xx

We like signum, but it's really unusual. Honest opinions? Dd's name is from a house Dj and signum is too so it sticks with our 'theme' x

Loving the dj theme. Honestly I'm not sure... I think it's so unusual that it's a name you need to say it a few times to get used to it. I don't dislike it though. Do you have a middle name in mind? Xx

Thanks m2c! I think the reason I've been struggling so much is that I need the name to be really unusual but to have significance to us like dd's does. This would tick those boxes but I'm concerned that it's too unusual and he will grow up having to explain it to everyone...

I've got James in mind for middle name as it's a family name linked to people I care about a lot and it's a more traditional fallback if he wanted to use it in future.

Dh is quite into this name but I think like you said it takes a while to sink in so I'm going to mull it over for a while and try to use it out loud and see if it starts to sound right iykwim? :) x

DD is still set on calling the baby Ruby and has pretty much won me over, but OH still isn't sure. We keep putting off the decision! Names are hard! Particularly when your toddler has an opinion. OH has a friend called Chris (short for Christopher) who's parents let him name his baby brother. He insisted on his brother being named Chris, after himself! So the brothers are called Christopher and Christian! DD's suggestion is absolutely fine in comparison with that!

OH will be taking 2 weeks of paternity leave, and will then be off for over a week over Christmas, which will be only a couple of weeks later, probably. I'm really looking forward to that time together!

Nursing has been more painful again the last few days and DD hasn't been feeding much at all (she's been gradually cutting down throughout pregnancy). I just tried hand expressing and it seems I've switched to colostrum now. I still had small amounts of mature milk up until very recently, so I think it's only just changed. Hope it gets less sore again soon!

Zephyr, that will be pretty funny if we end up having two Ashers on this thread. :haha: I hope your pelvic pain gets a little better. I'm still having weird pains and aches in my hips and pelvis and it's no fun. :(

Veronicaco, I think Signum is a pretty cool name, but the only thing is that he'd probably be called Sig/Siggy for short, and it sounds just like cig/ciggy, which is what people around here call a cigarette for short. But if no one in your area uses those terms, then it wouldn't matter. :flower:

Cangaroo, I hope BFing gets less painful before baby is born! Is DD less interested because it's colostrum now? Oh, and that's hilarious about the two Chris brothers. I think I'd have to veto that, as a parent!

Is there another Asher? My goodness this is awkward haha! I had no say in the name at all just told him id prefer an A name and not an overly weird one, he will probably change it again. Its so frustrating.

now I gotta ask is there an Annabelle in this thread? Cos thats likely the name we are going for if it is a girl. We love the belle names but I just couldnt get over our baby being called Lily for short, its something that would of really annoyed me.

sorry about the pelvis pain too it really sucks. Im stuck to the couch with a hot water bottle and its only just lunch time :(

Veronica Signum sounds cool! Different but not too different :p

Cangaroo sorry about the painful nursing, mine has been that way too it seems to go through cycles of being sore for a few days then is fine for a few weeks.

Haha, yep, our boy is going to be named Asher. :flower: But it's not like I'll be offended if you use it too. :haha:

Yeah, the pelvis pain for me is mostly when I sleep and when I've been on my feet too long or carrying my kids more than I should. My new issue, though, is the bruised vagina feeling. It seriously feels like someone kicked me in the lady bits! And I checked again to see if baby is still pretty low, and I can definitely still feel his head, so I guess the bruised feeling is just from all the pressure. Gotta love third tri, right? ;)

I'm so jealous of everyone right now!!!! You're all so close to the end!!!

Cute bump spiffy! I'm sorry you're having all that pelvic pain! Terrible! I when it feels like baby is right between your legs! Lol :)

Zephyr, sorry you're not comfy either. Bet you are just counting down the days. I like both your names :)

Cangaroo, hope the nursing pain goes away soon! I really admire you for pushing through!!!

M2c, i love your girl name so much! Iya is gorgeous!!!!

Veronica, i like Signum! Extremely unique! What is your dd name?

Well this weekend I'll know boy or girl! We're doing a gender and name reveal party! So excited! A boy will be Jude Mason and a girl will be Laney Joy :) we kept hemming and hawing on names for girls. I was very insistent on Jude for a boy because I feel so strongly it's a boy. DH didn't like Jude as much as a couple other we considered but i said he could pick middle name. So he chose Mason because both of our grandfathers were free masons. Then Laney is from my middle name and then Joy after my mom! Can't decide which name I'll be more excited about using!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->