Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Omigosh! So many different names in threads I never remember who has chosen what.
I'm really hoping it's an Annabelle.
It's funny cos I told hubby off the other day for suggesting names again. Ill listen to his suggestions for the next few weeks he can torment me with conans and Leonidas type names and maybe he will come up with another nice one :p

The hot water bottle really helps with the bruised feeling!

Some lovely name choices! I love Annabelle, Jude and Lacey. How exciting about your gender/name reveal party, TTC!

I have to say, there's nothing really to admire about the persevering with nursing at this stage. I have no choice! It would be very hard to say a blanket no to DD. It would lead to tantrums and no sleep at bedtime (which is pretty much the only time she feeds now). DD is very good in that if I say it's sore, she will re-latch and try to be gentle. If it's still sire, she'll stop with no complaints.

Aw I feel the same way about feeding.
We would have tantrums too and sleep refusal.
we only feed at sleep times and when he wakes at night.

I've been trying to tell him he will be sharing with the new baby to try get him used to the idea.

I have no idea how its going to work with one boob working.
I'm going to try feed off my bad one again when my milk kicks in proper after baby is here but if we have issues again I'll have to stick to the one and just see how we go.
I'm getting a tin of formula just in case but im really hoping I can make it work.
6 months ago I wasnt even going to try bfing but since max has kept feeding this long it has made me want to try at least.

I think signum James goes and like you say he could always use James if he wanted. SJ. I'd defo keep saying it out loud see if you like the sound etc.

Cangaroo I think it's super sweet dd is calling baby ruby. Think it's a lovely name. Do you have any other choices? Corbans choice for baby is mario or peach! Hope feeding is less sore for you soon but it's good dd understands to be gentle.

Wonder if we will end up with 2 ashers!

Zephyr I like annabelle. I like the name belle too. Not long till you find out.

Spiffy I'm sorry your uncomfortable too. I find when I walk slot babies head hurts my lady bits! Hehe!

Ttc I can't believe it's your scan at the weekend! Wonder if we will have another team pink or team blue. Both your name choice are great. What are planning for your party?

So 31 weeks today! 9 weeks.... Or 10.... Maybe 11! Haha!

Xx

TTC, I like Jude and Laney. I've only ever met one Laney in real life and she was really nice. :flower: I can't wait for you to find out!!!

Zephyr, I hope you can BF this time okay, and that you can use both sides. Have you had problems with that side every time, or just with the twins?

M2C, happy 31 weeks! I sure hope you don't have 11 weeks to go!

1 more week until my ultrasound! :happydance:

30 weeks tomorrow, and I'm thinking at least 11 weeks to go since DD arrived at 41 weeks exactly! Still a long long time...

Thanks spiffy! Well this bubba needs to arrive before or after the 16th. To be honest would be easier if it was late so I could just focus all my attention on corbans birthday!

Cangaroo let's hope these bubbas don't keep us waiting!

Xxx

Fab bump, M2C! :flower: And that's just so crazy that your kids will have birthdays so close together. My aunt had two children 13 years apart and they were both born on November 1st! Guess it kind of made things easy for her! :haha:

Hehe! That's crazy. My nieces birthday is the 10th! Argh! Gonna be more wary of dates when we try for no.4!!! Haha!!!

Xx

Thanks, I'm still up in the air about the name situation!
M2c amazing bump as always :)
I have arranged a joint b-day party for dd 12 days before her birthday as I will be 38+5 on her actual birthday (halloween) I don't mind if they are close but I don't want to be away from dd on her birthday!! That means her party is 5 weeks on Sunday!! It's all starting to creep up on me a bit now :)

Spiffy I've had problems since the twins. A lump in there which stopped some of the flow so every time I tried to feed I wound up with mastitis. I got admitted into hospital with the twins on mothers day for IV antibiotics and it was horrendous, then every time I tried to feed off that side or express I would get another infection within a day or two.
I think I discussed the lump issue early on in the pregnancy in this thread.
I'm waiting to see the breast surgeon, they phoned a month ago and said hopefully end of september so fingers crossed I get booked in before baby is here or not long afterwards so they can help.

My son's birthday is on the 10th and im due on the 5th so I've got a birthday that's close too!
If they are going to have a birthday in the same week id rather it was on my sons birthday. He wants the baby to come then too. I just can't imagine arranging a party heavily pregnant or with a newborn :(

Zephyr, I remember you talking about the lump and the troubles it caused, but I couldn't remember if it was a problem that started after the twins, or before. I hope they can remove it or find a way to shrink it so that you can feed off that side again. The constant infections sound horrible! :(

That's good that your son is excited about the possibility of sharing his birthday, just is case it does happen. :flower:

I suspect it may of been a problem way back with my son as I did have some issues then too with it but the worst of it started after the twins.
Im really hoping they do something about it!

The nana in law dropped off about 15 old towels for the birth the other day and im washing them all eeeek!
Part of me thinks I should invite her to the birth but I dont know. Shes been so good to us! And it would be kind of special for her.
I just don't want the mil or sil here too soon after the birth and they will expect to be here if the nana is here and there will be issues if I say no. The nana lives with the mum so I cant be sneaky about it either lol

Zephyr, that's a tricky one. I told my SIL she could be present at the birth this time if she wants, because she's a nursing student and has not gotten to see a live delivery yet, so I figured it would be a good experience for her. Of course, I also know there's a good chance she won't be there depending on what time I go into labor, because it's been night time with my previous two, and most people turn off their phones (or switch them to vibrate) at night. But I'll be fine either way.

Aww that's so nice! Was she excited about it? She may have her phone on full volume if she was! hehe

Great bump M2C!

It's going to be so exciting when these babies start arriving. :)

Veronica it worries me I'll miss corbans birthday. If I go over I'll worry until his birthday passes. Good plan on having her party early. As if it's only 5 weeks.

Cangaroo it's gonna be so exciting! All eyes on zephyr!

Zephyr you poor thing I had mastitis with indigo twice and it was absolutely awful! I really feel for you! Fingers crossed they sort something out for you at your appointment or have a plan in place. Excited your nana bought done towels over! Eek! Few days till term!!!!!!!!!

Spiffy that's lovely to invite your sil.

Xxx

Okay, TTC, it's been exactly two hours since you posted, so I'm now dying to hear if you're having a boy or a girl!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->