Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Didn't sleep well and feel just as bad this morning. OH is out all day today! :( :(

Thanks everyone! I actually am feeling a little better, plus OH got home early and has taken DD out so I can rest. :)

Awww feel better canga!!!! I hope your dd lets you get some rest!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Friday afternoon i called my ob because i was having awful shooting pains in my cervix area and my lower stomach and back down to my right thigh when i peed. It was awful! Apparently it's a bladder infection :( I had no idea it could get like that without the usual stinging and burning. I've been on macrobid antibiotics now for 3 days. I am supposed to take them for 7 days. I hate taking a medicine While pregnant but i must admit it's already feeling a lot better.

Tomorrow I've got a blood draw at 7:30. I'm kind of preparing myself for needing a transfusion this week. This is the point in ds pregnancy when i needed one and my numbers have been very similar this time around. I've been so extremely exhausted I just want to feel better. Anyway I'll update when i know something tomorrow!

TTC, sorry you've had to deal with a bladder infection! I had one with DD, and it must not have gotten that bad, because I was never in pain. But I think they just happened to catch it at a routine OB appointment before it was symptomatic. The antibiotics, however, made me feel so nauseous!

I really hope your numbers are better this time around and that you won't need a transfusion so soon. :hugs:

As for me, I just set up the rest of my OB appointments, though I doubt I'll need all of them. Unfortunately, my OB is out of town during my 36th week, so I have an appointment at 34 weeks, and then my next one isn't until about 37 weeks. So I wonder if I'll have this baby while she's out of town. :(

Aww spiffy i hope you don't have baby when your dr is out of town! But honestly i bet you will! That stinks!!!!

Cangaroo great your feeling better and awesome DH got home early.

Ttc that's rubbish having an infection. Hope it clears up and you feel better soon. Goodluck with your bloods tomorrow! Keep us updated!

Spiffy crazy you may not have many more appointments. I have my 34 week check with the midwife a week tomorrow and the health visitor the next day. Then for my 36 weeks appointment the midwife will come to me talk homebirth! Eek!

Xxx

Glad you are feeling better Cangaroo.

Ttc sorry about the infection I hope it clears soon. Good luck with your bloods.

Spiffy I hope you don't have baby while your ob is away!

Well I got my appointment days mixed up somehow, prob cos they are usually on a Monday but this time is apparently Wednesday so im not seeing the midwife today. I have to wait two more days. How annoying!

Zephyr!! So exciting :) that bump is lower for sure!!

Spiffy it's so typical that baby will appear at the most inopportune time!! I've booked dd's birthday party for when I'm exactly 37 weeks so he's bound to come then lol!

Canga and ttc I hope you guys both feel a lot better soon :) x

M2C fx for that home birth :)

As for us.... We have all had a little sniffle this week but are trying to fight it off. Dh and I have been talking names a bit more and he has really been trying to look for the right name. We've short listed Corsten. It's our entire short list at this point lol! It goes with dd's name, our surname and we were thinking Corey is a cute nickname.
What do you guys think? :)

TTC- sorry you have a UTI! Sounds really miserable. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Sorry to hear you might need a transfusion, but if you do need one, hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Spiffy- Typical your OB is away at your crucial time! Hope your DS2 hangs on and waits for her return.

All these late appointments are rather exciting! I don't have anything until 36 weeks. I don't think the HV does pre-natal visits here. I haven't heard anything, anyway!

Thanks ladies!

Zephyr I'm literally checking all hours to see if your baby is on the way :)

M2c, how exciting to talk about homebirth soon!!!!! I hope everything goes well with your next appt!

Veronica, i really like Corsten! Never heard it but Corey is a great nickname :)

What exactly is a health visitor? I read about them and get the general gist, but i am interested to know more :)

Health visitors used to all be nurses or midwives who'd done extra training, but now it's possible to train directly to be a health visitor. Their role is to support families with children under the age of 5. They offer support and advice on infant feeding, weaning, potty training, sleep, behavioural issues and mum's mental health. They also do routine child health surveillance visits. Unfortunately, as with all these things, they are very variable in quality, with many seeming still to give very out dated and UN-evidence based advice.

DD has seen a HV 3 times in total. Once at a few weeks old, then we missed the 4 month visit (they'd left a message on the land line we never used!), then at 1 and again at 2.5. She got weighed at a HV clinic when she was little, too, but they only weighed her, never did anything else. People who are struggling more would have a lot more input, and you can always phone for advice if needed.

Thanks! That sounds like a helpful idea wish we had more support for parents in the US...though it sounds like there are kinks in the system like anything else...

Veronica I've never heard of it either but I really like it!
Sorry about the sniffles :(

Cangaroo that sounds similar to our plunket nurses here. They start visiting baby from 6 weeks when the midwife stops visits. They check for vision hearing weight and growth and give advice on any issues but I agree with their info being a bit off.
With my first daughter at the time I was vegan and had been for years but I was grilled for it and told I had to give her meat. I stopped visits after then.
I also got flack for not letting my babies cio.
The one I had for my son and twins was excellent though and I was sad when we moved.

nothing exciting happening here. More bhs but nothing painful like that day I had.

Thought this might make you all laugh... :)

https://www.dose.com/lists/3604/35-...=Facebook-231435026494&utm_content=FBPageList

Veronica happy 33 weeks! I really like corsten! Plus Corey is a Nickname is super cute! Think your onto a winner there!

Ttc I love that link!!!

Xx

Lol ttc some of those are cute! It's funny what little ones throw tanties over :p

today I finally finished a winnie the pooh cross stitch that's taken me a few months to do. I'd actually started it while pregnant with the twins so it feels good to finally finish it! I kept telling myself I cant go into labour till its done else id be too busy. Hehe now if I can just kick this cough I'll be ready!

Oh yeah and hubby changed the boy name again! I knew he would! I'm not sold on the new name he wants but im seeing if it grows on me. So I looked at names too and I've changed the girls name.
I said to him actually maybe we should just wait till the baby is born! I had the same issue with my other team yellow baby, she was a James or a Jasmine but ended up being a Zoe after she was born. I find it hard to imagine a baby with a name without knowing the gender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->