Bridesmaid dresses

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I'm having my five sisters as bridesmaids for my wedding and have been thinking about the dresses. Although I don't have a date set yet, I think that spring/summer will be the best time to get dresses as I think more shops will have what I'm looking for. I think i would like blue, knee length dresses for them.

What I was wondering is, if you didn't buy from a bridal shop, where have you bought your bridesmaid dresses and how much did you pay? Having five of them and next to nothing in terms of a budget means I can't spend a lot!

Decide what kind of style you want, check out vivienne of holloway, you can pick up some gorgeous cheap dresses from there if thats your type of thing. Check out ebay and preloved, people often sell full sets of bm dresses on there. Also check out debenhams/bhs/tkmaxx places like that do 'budget' dresses that are awesome! A lot of people go down that route. A lot of people also ask their bm to buy their own, I personally am not but if you don't mind doing it then do it!! xx

My bridesmaid dresses were cobolt blue, knee length they were stunning i choose them because the girls could wear them again and since have, i bought them in Monsoon they were £95 each, when i went to buy them they were £45 in the sale i was over the moon and stunning, i just paired them with pearls and satin ivory shoes and i wore satin cobolt blue shoes x

I was planning on getting mine from eBay or somewhere I could find them cheaper but i couldn't find the colour I wanted anywhere! Anyway when I went wedding dress shopping I ended up falling in love with these bridesmaid dresses which were £185 each, but because I was having 4 dresses they gave me one for free so in the end I payed £555 for 4 dresses which works out £138 a dress! So it might be worth going to a bridal shop to see if they can do a deal for you!!

If you search through the high street stores, look for a discount code to bring the cost down for you :)

I am having my 2 sisters as bm they live in Canada,my friend is going to be moh and she lives in the uk. Wedding is in the uk and I want all dresses to match. Have not even thought about buying them but could be a nightmare!!

Decide what kind of style you want, check out vivienne of holloway, you can pick up some gorgeous cheap dresses from there if thats your type of thing. Check out ebay and preloved, people often sell full sets of bm dresses on there. Also check out debenhams/bhs/tkmaxx places like that do 'budget' dresses that are awesome! A lot of people go down that route. A lot of people also ask their bm to buy their own, I personally am not but if you don't mind doing it then do it!! xx

I actually just saw one on the tkmaxx website that's £40 which is quite nice. Only thing is getting all my sisters to agree. They're different heights (from 5'2 to 5'8) and different sizes too which makes things tricky to get something they all like and are happy in.

our bridesmaid dresses are from Vivienne of Holloway and they are about £130 a dress if I remember rightly? we are having black knee length sarong dresses. is that really cheap?! that's still going to be £600+ if you've got 5 bridesmaids :shock: if I were you I'd prob go to a high street shop and look there instead? of your wedding date is a little while away maybe try in the sales.

xx

I got mine from very.co.uk and they were £110 each!
I was worried about the fit/quality but they're amazing and the bridesmaids look awesome in them.
https://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/katurner63/1DEA69FB-371E-44B7-A523-35DD1747E172-781-0000005BAC39B789_zps614255ea.jpg

High street shops do really beautiful dresses now, often fairly cheap.

I was a bridesmaid and wore a £65 high street dress and had compliments all day!

Or how about looking for uk sellers on ebay with good feedback? As I'm sure some sellers will do different styles of dress but in the same material and colour, so you could find a dress to suit each bridesmaid. It'd kind of be like that two birds dresses designer

https://www.glamour.com/weddings/blogs/save-the-date/0719-01-two-birds-dresses.jpg

Thanks ladies. Lots of good ideas of places to look and such there.

DonnaBallona Having five bridesmaids is a nightmare in terms of costs! My sister had six bridesmaids but got her dresses on sale but even they were still £85 or something like that! It adds up quickly. And I would wait until the sales but with them all being different sizes (uk size 6/8 to size 14) it'd be really hard to ensure we can get enough dresses!

EmmyReece Despite buying my own wedding dress online, I'm a little cautious of buying something like the dresses online. Plus, I'd be worried to buy them and when the girls tried them on they didn't sit right or they hated them.

I'd say book a day during the summer sales and get to debenhams then as I reckon that would be your best bet of finding dresses in all the styles that you need :)

I bought forever yours bridesmaid dresses off eBay for around £35.50 each! I have six bridesmaids so although we haven't set a date yet it was too good an opportunity to miss, I just hope my bridesmaids don't change their weight now! :haha:

Mine came from the occasions section in debenhams, they're knee length navy blue and cost 63 each which I thought was quite good :) x

My Bridesmaids were a size 8 10 and a 16 so i had to find dresses to suit them all but anyway here they are, i loved them they were from monsoon

https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/fayzee/4079a049-2e47-49dc-a0ae-a7f02f0dc162.jpg

I have just two bridesmaids but as they aren't having matching dresses one got hers from Monsoon and the other is having hers made. The limit was £70/dress (I'm obviously a cheapskate!!) so bridal shops were always out of the question!!

Depending on what style you want they don't even necessarily have to be bridesmaids dresses, so in theory could get something from a regular store or online (ie, Next, ASOS, TopShop etc). Of course that fully depends on your theme and style of your wedding though. My bridesmaids aren't matchin because it goes as part of the theme :thumbup:

If all goes to plan I will have 5 bridesmaids who will range in age from 5-25 and are scattered across the country :haha: I will most likely give them a colour palette and a budget and let them pick their own dresses, most likely high street. As long as it fits with the colour theme and they're happy in their dresses, then I don't mind if they don't match!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->