Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Hi girls

I hope your all doing great.. my mother in law leaves tomorrow and finally our lives will go back to normal i know it sounds mean but i have had a heck of a time.

morning sickness has been on and off i have good days and bad days.

polaris good luck on your thesis..what is it about?

my next appointment is may 4th im hoping to see the baby again but I'm not sure if she will do that or not.

I hope you all have a great day

Hi Liliana,
glad that the m-in-law's visit has finally come to an end, it must have been exhausting. My m.s. seems to be gradually getting better. It has changed a bit too. I used to get it the worst mid morning and before dinner, if I hadn't eaten in a while, whereas now I seem to get it more in the evening time and after dinner, when I'm tired. My appetite has gone down a little bit too which has to be a good thing as I was eating for the nation! Is anyone else experiencing ridiculous amounts of wind? It is actually a joke the amount of wind I have at the moment.
Hope all is well with you all, only two days till my scan, yippee!!

PS the thesis is in Psychology, it is about young offenders.

Ooo Polaris, I'm so excited for you hun! Cant wait for my next one (26th May) It seems like aaages away tho! Glad your MS is easing off tho and it's good to hear that your appetite has decreased. I've been eating so much these last couple of weeks it's insane. My MW is not going to be very happy with me as I'm sure I've put on a fair few pounds since my last appointment!

My MS is coming and going. I'm almost 9 weeks now and I'm just grateful that it hasnt been too bad. My tiredness seems to be reaching a peak now too. I cant sleep very well at night as I'm worrying about all sorts of things and they tend to keep me awake and when I do manage to get to sleep, I wake up a couple of hours later needing a wee or feeling hungry and having to go and eat some toast before I start feeling sick! Ah the joys of early pregnancy!

LilianA, I know what you mean about the MS and having good days and bad days, but as I say, I'm just grateful that I havent actually been sick yet! Hope it all went well with your MIL and at least you'll have the place back to yourselves again soon! :hugs:

Hope everyone else is well! Have a good day ladies :hug:

polaris--thats so exciting I can't wait to hear about it. at 12 weeks you should be able to see a pretty good size baby i remember with my son's 12 week he looked like a tiny baby and he was jumping constantly it was awsome.
mynx--I hear you about the sleeping at night I seem to be getting up every few hours to go to the bathroom and I've been having very scary vivid dreams. I had the miscarriage dream and a couple times i went to have the baby wayyy early along with other really weird scary dreams.
Jen- I hope your feeling better and ms has eased off.
so far I have gained 3 pounds which scares me a little because by this time with my son i had lost 8 pounds and at the end of the pregnancy i had gained 70 lbs :blush: because i just couldn't get the full feeling and was hungry alll the time towards the end. I really dont want that to happen again it took me forever to loose the weight.

have a great day everyone

Hi Liliana, I don't think you should worry about gaining three pounds. After all this pregnancy is very different from the last one, as you've said, so you've no reason to think that you are going to put on the same amount of weight later on. Three pounds sounds fine to me.

Heh yeah 3 pounds is nothing hun! I've put on almost half a stone because of this constant eating! (weighed myself this afternoon, almost cried lol!) I cant wait till my appetite and nausea stablilize and I can get back into some kind of normal eating pattern!

hi girls how are you all doing? anything new? I know 3 lbs isnt much to worry about right now just going to try to be extra careful this time around.
polaria- I hope to hear about your ultrasound soon. I hope it all goes well
mynx-i feel the same way about the nausea I feel it i eat it goes away while im eating at least..I can't wait to get back to normal..
Jen- I hope all is well with you and ms is getting better.

Scan is at 2.30 today - so excited and nervous too!!

Oooo is she back yet?? Polaris, make sure you post the pics please hun :) cant wait to see them! :hugs:

Oooo is she back yet?? Polaris, make sure you post the pics please hun :) cant wait to see them! :hugs:

Just got back about half an hour ago!! Everything is perfect with baby. It's the right size for dates and everything is developed as it should be. There was one strange moment when the woman who was doing the ultrasound said 'there's the head, and the good thing there is that it has developed a head because they don't always.' Myself and OH just looked at each other, I was like, I'm glad mine is one of the ones with a head!!

So relieved and happy - and can't wait to tell the world now!! There's not too much to see in the photos but I love them anyway. At least it gives me something to look at to convince myself that it is real!! When we first went in for the scan, all the other women in the waiting room all looked visibly pregnant whereas I don't, and I was so nervous and felt like a fraud! At least I know now that it's not all in my head!

Pictures are attached below (I hope).

Attachments

• 13 week scan - small.jpg
    13 week scan - small.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 4
congrats polaris im so happy for you.. the pictures look awsome. did you see it move? i can't wait for my next one.

Hey all you lovely preggas ladies. :)

Hope you are all well.

Polaris - Exciting about the scan!! He/She looks like a smart one :) and I'm glad he/she has a head too!! (What a ridiculous thing to say. Honestly, some people just have no tact. Pfft.)
Mynx - I hope everything is ok with your work. My boss was really wierd when I got pregnant with my first one. She wouldn't let me do little things that had no bearing whatsoever on the fact I was pregnant. I had to put her in her place as she was just getting over the top. I told her that I was growing a baby, not dealing with an illness! She seemed to lighten up after that. In a few weeks you'll feel much better - maybe you could just hang on til you get into your 2nd trimester?
Lilian - Glad the MIL has gone. No, it doesn't sound rude. Feeling as though you have to entertain anyone for any period of time can get exhausting, let alone making them meals and such. Hope you can settle back into 'normal' life again soon!
Polaris - Thesis schmesis. I totally feel for you!! Uni sucks at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I still love it but some days it can be a real drag. Ugh. :(

Ok, think that's it! On the home front, I'm feeling much better today but it comes and goes - unfortunately. I wish it would do more going than coming!!

Whoever said they'd put on 3 pounds - we were only discussing pregnancy weight last week in class. Apparently, unless you like double your weight then your weight gain during pregnancy has no bearing on your baby, provided you started with a healthy BMI. I'm sure you'll all be fine! :)

Well, take care all. I'll check in next week or something. Can't rush these things, plus I'm an Aussie. :rofl:

:hugs:

HI Jen-glad your feeling better i hope it lasts and you dont get the bad days again. I am just like you said good days and bad days today i had a good day.
I can't believe we are already almost in the second trimester...so exciting.
I have my appointment on monday i am hoping to see the baby again but its not for sure.
I am having the worst constipation ever..I can only go to the bathroom if i take an enema!! sorry tmi but its killing me. im trying to eat alot of fruits and veggies but it doesnt seem to be helping!!!
hope you all have a great night

Hi girls

can't stay long as I am up to my eyes with study! I really am praying that the sickness eases up next week as I have such a busy week, I really need my wits about me! Deadline is Friday and then I will have my life back!

I'm telling my mum about the pregnancy today (she doesn't live in the same country as me and also she's just back from holidays last night - hence why I haven't told her yet). I'm excited but nervous too!! Mad really, I am 34 so why am I nervous?

Yesterday I had to tell a couple that we are good friends with about the pregnancy - she had a missed m/c at 12 weeks in January. It was not fun telling them at all, it was horrible. I felt so bad. I hope it happens quickly for them again and all goes smoothly this time.

Liliana - that constipation doesn't sound like fun at all!! You poor thing. I'm sure you already are, but make sure you are drinking lots of water too.

Bye for now.

Hey all.

Lilian - Have you considered getting some high-fibre capsules from the health food store to help you combat the constipation?? Remember, it's from the hormones almost exclusively at the moment. All the best with the appointment, hope you egt to see your bub. :lol:

Polaris - All the best with telling your mum. I feel for your friend, very sad. I'm sure she will have another soon. I hope you get your study over and done with soon! I just got my mark back for my last essay; I got a HD (high distinction) which is 90% or above!!! Don't ask me how I did it. I thought it sounded crap actually. :rofl:

Mynx - How is everything going??

Anyway, that's it for now. Chat soon. :hugs:

Well I told my mum - I think she was a bit taken aback and didn't really know how to react. She's not really good with that type of thing and wouldn't say all the normal things like congratulations, she would tend to just come out with the first thing that came into her head, which could be quite negative. As she is a bit of a worrier. But by the end of the phone call she seemed quite pleased and said it was exciting. So it went pretty well I think, considering.

Aww hun I'm so glad it went well for you! Everyone reacts so differently to this kind of news, it's hard to judge what the first words out of their mouths might be!
Glad it went well :hugs:

Hello ladies

Jen- I tried fiber and i tried milk of magnesia but no results. today i saw the doc and she gave me a name of one more thing to try so we'll see how that goes. how are things going with your pregnancy?? is ms gone? I hope your feeling better

Polaris- im glad it went well.. I know what you mean about the reactions my mom is the same way at first she is kinda shocked especially with the first one then she calms down and is finally a little excited lol.
i also have a friend/relative that has lost her baby a few months ago at 9 weeks after trying for 3 years and it was hard telling her and its still hard talking to her about it. I dont really mention the baby unless she asks me.

well today I went to the doctor for my 12 week check up and i got the scare of my life..she couldnt find a heart beat for nothing so she tried the ultrasound and the first few minutes she was so quiet i asked her if the baby is ok she said wellll.. I just can't find it uggggggg i almost had a heart attack after searching she found it but the picture was so fuzzy but at least we saw it jumping and i know its ok hehehe.

Oh Liliana - how terribly frightening that must have been!! Does your doc do many ultrasounds? She should have known how to find it at 12 weeks! At least it ended well and baby is fine, but what an awful scare.

Well girls I don't want to speak too soon, but I really think my ms might be finally going. Yesterday I felt completely normal!!! Also, I had breakfast and then was working away on my thesis until 2.30 p.m. and never noticed the time!! Generally I would have had to have stopped for a fair few snacks and lunch because I was feeling ill. Having said that I was starving at 2.30 but that's normal. Also my skin finally seems to be clearing up. I really hope this is the end of the First Tri symptoms!!

oh polaris that is wonderful I sure hope its gone and wont come back and can't wait for my ms to go away. I get it the worst during the day and like you said i gotta eat alot of small meals to keep it under control.
so i'll sure be looking forward to 13 weeks maybe it will go away around then too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->