Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Don't stress too much about the sex, it will all come back in a few weeks when you're past the tiredness and nausea!! :)

Glad those of you who have tried the bands are loving them. I've actually misplaced mine at the moment.... Ugh. :(

Anyway, hope you're all well. :hugs:

Well I went out and managed to get some travel sickness bands, I will keep you informed as to how they go.

Good luck with them hun, I've been wearing mine since I got up! You can wear them while sleeping, it says on the box that you can but I took mine off overnight.

:hug:

Good luck with them hun, I've been wearing mine since I got up! You can wear them while sleeping, it says on the box that you can but I took mine off overnight.

They seem to be working!!! Not 100% sure yet as I was due a good day anyway after a couple of really queasy days, but so far so good. And I was starting to feel a bit nauseous this morning before I put them on, but I feel fine now. Definitely worth the investment!

Hello gals

im glad the bands are working..wow I can't wait to get mine in the mail. the medicine is helping ..its suposed to last 6 hours but after about 3 i start getting queasy again and can't take it until the 6 hours are up so the bands could help alot.

I don't know what happened to me when it comes to sex I just can't get myself to do it anymore :( tbh the last time was about 3 weeks ago and DH is getting frustrated. oh well like Jen said its a phase and hopefully things will go back to normal soon.

mynx thats its so exciting to see the baby even if its just a little lump i felt so good to see that its little heart is working properly and everything is ok. can't wait to hear about your scan

Polaris when is your scan?? sorry i know you said before when it was going to be I just am forgetting alot these days. when are you planning on telling your parents?

Hi Liliana,
:rofl: at forgetting everything these days - can you imagine what I'm like trying to concentrate on my thesis!?! Doesn't really bear thinking about.

My scan is not for another three weeks today, 29th April, I will be almost 13 weeks at that stage. I have my first midwife appointment in two weeks time on 16th, so I'm looking forward to that.

To be honest, I am not planning to tell my parents until after I submit the thesis on 8th May as they would just be worrying about me unnecessarily. The good news is that it looks like I will still have a job in September (I had been a bit worried about it due to cut-backs here) so I will get maternity leave!! Yay! That's also one less thing for my parents to worry about. I will probably wait till after 8th May to tell most people, it's only an extra week after my scan anyway.

hiya :)
im due 13th nov, anyone else a teen due then?
xxx

Sorry - not a teen, I think we're all a bit older on this thread (I'm 34 and pregnant with my first)! There is a Teen Pregnancy Forum - have you tried on there? Congratulations on your pregnancy by the way!!

Hello ladies :) Hope you're all doing well today!

I'm pretty good..I started doing some knitting a few days ago lol! I used to knit many years ago but being pregnant has given me the perfect excuse to start again, so I'm gonna knit a really nice blanket for the pram me thinks :D OH decided that he wanted me to teach him and he picked it up really quickly lol! He's in the process of knitting a little "scarf" for the baby :rofl:
Woke up today and felt pretty good.. hungry but not sick! I put my Seabands on tho cos I dont wanna tempt fate lol!

Last night we had the gas people come and knock on our door and tell us that there was a gas leak in the flat below and that our gas would be turned off, probably for the night. An hour later they brought up 2 electric "tipsy" (they're like Weebles in that they wobble but they dont fall down!!) heaters and a 2 ring electric cooking plate! They said we can keep em too so those heaters will come in handy during the winter months if it's a little nippy in the nursery :D

Gonna be going to get an eye test at some point too, I've been getting some headaches over the last few days and wondered if maybe I need glasses. I've read that pregnancy can change your eyesight, so it's worth getting an eyetest just in case :)

Apart from that, I intend on doing not alot today! Hope you all have a great day girls! :hug:

Hey, gals.

Well, hubby has gone away for the weekend and taken our toddler, so that's nice. Gives me a bit of a break and chance to sleep, sleep, sleep! I am waiting for a lady to have a baby (she was due last Monday) and then I can go away and spend my two week break from uni with my parents. YAY!

Not alot happening here. I haven't been able to find my bands, but my nausea has been manageable since last weekend, which is nice.

I'm off to have dinner with a friend and then go see a movie!

:hugs: to all.

hey all do you mind if i join?

I live in rockhampton australia! Went to the doc yesterday and had my first scan, going off my last period i thought i was eight weeks but the doc has put me back a week ... oh well! Due date now NOV 30!! It was so nice to see a heart beat though ...

Im soooo sick with ms, cant keep anything down and have an awful taste in my mouth. This is my second and my first i never had ms unless i smelt meat or ciggies. So needless to say this is driving me up the wall oh and my breasts are soooooo sore, again never had that with the first either (my son is 8 years old). Any of you have any tips?? :)

Hi Leesha.

Welcome, but you are the last newbie I think I'll allow!! :rofl: Don't mean to be thingy, but it's getting really difficult to keep a track of everyone!!

Anyway, yes I didn't get ms or sore boobs with my first either, but seem to be having both these with this pregnancy. I'd highly recommend sea sickness bands - grab a set at the chemist for around $20. They have a round ball on the inside of the band and work on a pressure point on your wrist that helps with nausea.

So, congratulations! You've just fit into the November club!! :)

I am a doula and also a trainee midwife, so if you think I can help with anything please just ask. I live in Canberra.

:hugs: Jen.

Hi all. FYI, I have now definitely CLOSED this thread to newcomers. I think it's going to get way too busy otherwise and it's nice to have a small, more personal group.

Hope you are all ok with this. If a new person asks if they can join, please advise them nicely that the group is closed and suggest that they start a new one for November.

Thanks for your help, gals. Looking forward to sharing everyone's pregnancies! :)

Jen. :hugs:

Hi Leesha,
Congratulations on your pregnancy and on seeing the heartbeat.
Sorry that m.s. is giving you such a hard time. Mine has been OK for the past two days, fingers crossed. It's all in a good cause though! Had you been trying to conceive for long?

Hello Leesha.. congrats on your pregnancy.. I feel for you, ms is really hard when it hits you hard. I had really bad ms with my son i couldnt keep anything down and lost 10 lbs. this time around its bad too but i am keeping my food down for the most part. hope it gets better soon. :hugs:

I had a rough couple of days. yesterday i had bad ms and was very emotional. a friend of mine called and said they were taking the kids to a place were they have blow up slides and bouncing rings and stuff like that so i took my son there thinking he would have a blast but instead he was scared to death and was screaming his lungs out and running away from me because i tried to get him on the slide so people were looking at me like what did you do to that poor child and he was caughing so hard he was about to throw up, normally im a strong person and dont cry very easily and would have just took him home and tried again later but i got so stressed out and sad that he wasn't having a good time that i started balling my eyes out and sobbing like a little girl and then started throwing up at the same time.. I dont think i will ever show my face there again :rofl: loool. I've been thru situations like that before with my son and its normal it happens with kids but i think my hormones were just going wack..after that episode i just went home and slept for two hours :sleep:
I hope everyone is having a great day.
take care

Hi girls.

Liliana - sorry to hear that your day out was a bit of a disaster. I think you're right about the hormones making these things worse and harder to deal with.

Well I had a really horrible dream last night about m/c. It was very realistic and went on for hours. Myself and OH are going to a family dinner with his family today for Easter Sunday and we had been discussing whether or not to tell them. I have no problem with his family knowing, but the problem that I have is that his sister will probably then tell absolutely everyone. OH says that it is completely up to me and he won't say what he wants. I wonder if the dream was triggered off by my worries about possibly telling them?

Hope everyone else is well.

hi polaris I hope your dinner went well and everything went the way you want it to go. I know what you mean about the dreams being so real I have been having very vivid dreams too, scary but when i tell them to my DH they sound really funny.

Hi girls,
well the dinner went really well, it was a lovely day, we told the news about the pregnancy and OH's family were all delighted. His brother had twins a month ago so himself and his wife were over the moon that our baby will be so close in age. I'm glad we told them because it was a lovely occasion to tell them and everyone was together. I have asked them all not to broadcast it until after I have the scan and they have agreed so we will see.

Awww Liliana, sounds like you had a really tough day hun! :hugs: Hope things have improved for you over the Easter weekend!
Polaris, I'm glad your OH's family are delighted with your news. It's always nice to have plenty of family support :D My OH's family are ecstatic as this is their only grandchild as my OH's sister cant have kiddies, so you can imagine they are over the moon :happydance:
Leesha, hope you're starting to feel a little better with the MS. I only ever had nausea altho I did have a few close calls a couple of weeks ago but that seems to have passed! Today is the first day I havent had to wear my Seabands which is great :)
Aussie Jen, hope everything is ok, not seen you on for a few days?

Well my weekend has been kinda busy. On Saturday we decided to clean out my huge cupboard - the one we're turning into a small nursery - and somehow we managed to get all the stuff from that cupboard into my smaller storage cupboard! I threw alot out to be fair and also put alot aside for the charity shop and for Ebay but it's a start :D

We've found a cot that will fit nicely in there with a small chest of drawers... also while cleaning out that cupboard we found some baby pink paint and some baby blue! So no need for us to go out and buy any :) My best friend also has an off cut of pink carpet and and off cut of blue, both of which are big enough to fit in the "nursery"
Did a load of housework yesterday, and cooked a lovely stew :D A good, productive weekend all in all :)

Symptoms this weekend were minimal altho over the last week I have noticed that my boobies are looking VERY veiny atm :rofl: My MS seems alot better, but the trouble with symptoms easing is that I still dont feel pregnant - so much so that it makes me forget that I am pg!! :rofl:

Anyways, hope you girls are well and have a good day :D

Mynx - well done that sounds like an extremely productive bank holiday weekend. Sounds like the space-creating plan is working out very nicely. I will have loads of redecorating to do after I submit the thesis as the upstairs of our house has barely been touched since we moved in three years ago.

My symptoms are easing a lot over the last few days too. I hope that everything is still going smoothly and it's just that I'm getting used to the hormones. I do still get mild nausea from time to time but it's very manageable. I have my midwife appointment on Thursday so I'm looking forward to that.

I still think you must be 10 weeks rather than 6 weeks from your symptoms. Not too much longer to wait to find out for definite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->