Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Hey gals.

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I had a birth - after a 40 hour labour the mum decided on a c-section as what they thought was a head was actually a presenting bottom!!

Anyway, she is totally happy with her choices and mum and bub are doing very well.

Prety rough on me though, I was with her for a total of 25 hours. I felt sick and holding a bag while she vomited was pretty damn rough!! :rofl:

Regardless tho, I am well. :)
Symptoms have eased some, except the boobs have totally turned up a notch in the sore department plus they've just gotten so huge over the last few days!! :)

Anyway, hope you're all well. Sounds like you all had a fantastic weekend. Great news. :hugs:

Hi gals I hope your all doing great.

Jen wow that sounds exhausting. good thing you were able to control yourself when she vomited i would have joined her big time lol.

Im going to have my mother in law stay with us for a visit this week, she's coming tomorrow. I sure hope i dont have to make alot of food cause i just can't stand the smell of cooking.

I hope you all have a great day.

Hi girls.

Jen - that sounds like hard work, for you and for the woman giving birth!! Good that they are doing well though. But not easy for you at all, I don't know if I could manage that at the moment!!

Liliana - I'm so with you on the smell of cooking. I generally do a lot of stir-fries and I absolutely can't stand the smell of them at the moment. All I can really handle cooking are ready meals and stuff you cook in the oven like quiches. We had friends over for dinner last week, I managed to cook for them through careful planning of foods that would not smell!!

Mynx - how are you keeping hun?

Well my nausea is back today and yesterday, I had been feeling almost completely normal for the previous few days. I don't think it's as bad as it was but still pretty unpleasant. I have my midwife appointment tomorrow - yippee! Really excited about it. Although she is coming to the house, so I will have to clean the place in the morning!!

polaris- if you have any ideas for healthy food that doesnt smell too bad please tell me it would help. she is staying a whole week and doesnt like to eat out!! so I have to figure out something.
so what will the midwife do tomorrow? that is exciting. I'm right there with you on the cleaning thing I have been cleaning the whole house every closet and cabinet and anything you can think of in preperation for this visit. uhgggg im exhausted.

I'm not too sure what she will do, it will be my first time meeting her, so I suppose she will take my medical history etc. I'm not sure what else. It's probably too early for her to check the heartbeat? I think there might be some blood tests too? Not sure about that though. I'm excited about it though - I think it will make it all seem real!

Tiredness - Oh my god - I am exhausted, especially for the past few days. I cannot get through the day without a nap. This is not like me at all. And not really convenient for getting work done. But at least I don't have a long commute at the moment (which I normally do) because I'm on study leave. And when I go back to work I will be based locally until the end of September so that is great!!

Food that doesn't smell... :rofl::rofl: It all smells really doesn't it? I think it's just trying to figure out what smells bother you the most. I find I can handle oven smells much better than frying smells. I can handle boiling vegetables. I find that I can manage foods that you can prepare in advance and then bake in the oven, so pies, quiches, pizza, stews and casseroles. I find I can handle them because the smell is not so bad and I can leave the room when they are cooking. I can handle scrambled egg and soup. And salads are good. To be honest I'm buying quite a bit of pre-prepared stuff cos I can't handle making it. OH made a fry at the weekend and I nearly got sick. Spaghetti bolognese and stir fries are also very bad smell-wise. I hope this stage passes soon! Good luck with mother in law's visit - maybe she would take over some of the cooking responsibilities???

Hey all :)

Jen - rather you than me trying to keep hold of the contents of your stomach while someone else is throwing up beside you! I have a major phobia of vomitting and even just feeling sick can send me into a right tizz!!

LilianA - Hope all goes well with the MIL, as for foods that dont stink when u cook them.. I'm afraid I cant help you there.. as Polaris said, salads are a good one! :rofl:

Polaris - I'm sorry your nausea seems to be back :( Mine has eased off almost completely the last couple of days but I havent thrown out my seabands just yet.. I havent been wearing them but they're always in my pocket or handbag lol! I know what you mean about the tiredness tho, I've been so exhausted over the last few days and I've had a bit of a cold which has added to it. OH has been suffering with his Multiple Sclerosis too, so we've been a right pair heh!
Work has been pretty crap too, my boss is behaving differently towards me since I told her I'm pg. I dont know why and I cant quite put my finger on it, but there's definately some coldness towards me now.

Anyways, I'm having my dating scan today at 3.15 and I cant wait! OH and my DD are coming with me and I've got plenty of change for the token machine with me so I can buy some scan piccies.. gotta get one for OH's parents, one for us and one for my best mate :) Oooo I could crush a grape I'm that excited!! :rofl: :happydance:

Hope the scan went well today Mynx - what did they say about your dates?

Turns out I'm actually 7 weeks + 2 ... putting me at due date of December 2nd!! So it loooks like I'm gonna have to leave this thread, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on you girls tho!

It's been great chatting wiv you all, and I'll keep in touch xXx

Aw Mynx, stick around!! December 2nd is very close to November and you don't know when bubs is actually going to decide to show him/herself!

That's true hun, I probably will stick around cos I cant help myself :rofl:

Hope everyone's having a great day so far :D

Thanks - I'm back to feeling good again today after a few days of queasiness. It's a beautiful sunny day here and I'd love to be out in the garden but instead I'm stuck inside doing my thesis. :hissy:

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend.

I know what you mean hun! I've been stuck in doing housework all day! Usually it would only take me a couple of hours but I've been so tired doing it, that I have to keep sitting down for a rest lol! I feel like an old woman atm :rofl:

Yes the tiredness is unbelievable isn't it? I am normally someone who has lots of energy and like to be busy. Now I'd happily sleep the day away!

Well after 4 days of feeling pretty good apart from tired and not having to wear my seabands, they're firmly attached to my wrists again :( The nausea is back with avengeance! :hissy: Not good!
Still, I actually managed to cook some dinner for OH and DD tonight and even ate some.. I cleared the plate so I guess I was hungrier than I thought :rofl:
The nausea seems to have eased now and the tiredness is taking over. Anyways, gonna be off to bed soon, 4.15am start for me tomorrow :(

Take care ladies, hope you're all well! :hugs:

That is exactly the way I am - I will have a couple of good days where I feel pretty normal and then back to feeling completely queasy again. Still at least it isn't constant and at least I've only actually got sick twice. Feeling OK today so far, fingers crossed!

Hello Ladies

I hope your all doing well.. I have been having a few rough days with all the queasiness..I just vomited all over the place after eating breakfast. the sea band doesnt seem to be helping much at all. I think having my mother in law over and having to make food constantly is adding to it. hopefully it will all be over soon.

Oh no, sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it with m.s. I feel like I have got off quite lightly really, I've only actually got sick, although I haven't enjoyed the constant queasiness. Having said that, I've felt great today so far. And my constant appetite seems to be decreasing a bit - I'm finding that I need less snacks to stave off the queasiness. Which has to be a good thing as I had put on about 10 pounds already!!

Hope you feel better soon, Liliana.

How are you doing Jen? Still busy with work etc?

Hiya all.

Sorry I haven't stopped in for a while. Have been soooo tired and feeling pretty crook. Think it's coz I'm sitting around on holidays from uni and not doing much! :(

Mynx, stick around love. I'm sure we could 'bend the rules' for a couple of days - and who knows, you might still have a November bub!

Lilian, sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Hope you're all doing well.

I finally booked into the hospital today. My first midwife appt is not til the 11th June. Will visit my GP before then, don't stress too much!! :rofl:

Til next time. :hugs:

Hiya all.

Sorry I haven't stopped in for a while. Have been soooo tired and feeling pretty crook. Think it's coz I'm sitting around on holidays from uni and not doing much! :(

Mynx, stick around love. I'm sure we could 'bend the rules' for a couple of days - and who knows, you might still have a November bub!

Lilian, sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Hope you're all doing well.

I finally booked into the hospital today. My first midwife appt is not til the 11th June. Will visit my GP before then, don't stress too much!! :rofl:

Til next time. :hugs:

Thanks hun, I appreciate it :hugs: Altho if this one is anything like my last, it'll be closer to middle of December when it finally comes! DD was 12 days late lol!

11th June for your MW appointment?!? OMG that's ages away! At least you'll be seeing your doc before then :)

Well, ms seems ok today, it was really bad yesterday afternoon. I came home early from work, things are going sour there right now :( I'm so exhausted from walking almost constantly for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm gonna have to get transferred to another department or maybe cut down my hours. I'm just worried about losing out on money tho cos we need every penny we can get, as you all know yourselves!
Hey ho, I'm off work today tho and the sun is shining again! But I'm stuck indoors doing bloody housework again! Ah well, we're seeing OH's parents over the weekend to give them the scan piccie from our dating scan :) Bless em, they're so excited about getting to see the Beanie Blob :D

Hope things are good girls, take care :hug:

Hi Jen - sorry to hear you are not feeling the best over the past few days. I am really up and down in terms of symptoms, ranging from feeling completely fine to feeling rotten. I have to get lunch now as I'm starting to feel a bit queasy.

Mynx - that's great that OH's parents are so excited about your scan pics!! We are visiting OH's sister-in-law this evening, it's her 40th birthday, she is the one who recently had the twins.

No other news - still plodding away on the thesis - getting so sick of it at this stage!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->