Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Hmm I've heard about the rotten taste of Gaviscon too lol! I've bought some Rennies, first of all I got the chalky tablets but they're awful *bleurgh* so I went out and got the chewy ones instead and they're slightly better. At least they're helping for the moment!
Feeling a little better today, I think you're right Polaris, my MS must be following a similar pattern to yours but it does seem a little better today :)

Hope everyone is well today, and those in the UK, enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!!! :hugs:

oohh so sorry mynx your not feeling well.. ms is a pain I still suffer from it in the morning when i first wake up for about an hour until i eat and the food settles then im fine for the rest of the day.
did you start taking meds for your UTI? I hope you feel better very soon.

I havent been given any meds yet as we're still waiting to hear back from the hospital labs about my pee specimen. The consultant didnt seem concerned as I havent had any burning pains or anything "typical" but this last couple of days have been pretty painful in the bladder department, so I think there's something going on there. I'm trying to drink loads of water (cant stand cranberry juice!) in the hope I can make it go away or at least ease up some pain my bladder!

Anyways, back at work tomorrow after a week off (booo!!!) so it's an early night for me tonight :(

Hope you've all had a good day girls, take care :hugs:

Hello Ladies

I hope your all doing well.. not much going on. I have my next appointment with GP on friday. I think i felt some kicks last night it was so nice tiny little kicks amazing.
I have been having killer headaches this past week that last all day long!!! yesterday it started at 2 pm and didnt go away till I fell asleep at midnight! I took tylenol twice but it didnt do a thing.
other than that not much is going on I am eating like a pig these last few days!! I gained 2 lbs this last week alone but I just can't seem to feel full.
I hope your all having a great day.

Hey girls,
hope all is well with you all. We had our bank holiday weekend this weekend - what a fantastic weekend for it - the weather has been absolutely amazing!! I have to say we deserve it after the last two summers (if you could call them that). The only problem is that none of my summer clothes fit me!! Don't want to tempt fate by buying too much summery stuff but will have to invest in a few bits! My tummy is definitely starting to get noticeably bigger now but nobody would guess that I am pregnant yet and it's not really bump shaped. I think I'm carrying quite low.

We went for a beautiful walk yesterday out by the coast, it was absolutely glorious. It is a cliff walk of about 6 miles. Really enjoyed it. We also went to see the tall ships that were in Dublin for the weekend, but you had to pay to actually go on board, so we didn't bother! Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

wow polaris sounds like you had a lovely weekend. im not showing properly yet either. I thought i was showing well a couple weeks ago but i guess it was just bloating.now im at the stage were i look fat but not really pregnant as much.

HI girls

I had my GP appointment today and hear the HB at 160..im having my big scan in two weeks I can't wait im so excited to find out what im having and start shopping. I am not showing as much as other girls at 17 weeks so i asked her , she didn't seem concerned at all but said i could have my scan a week early if it makes me feel better :happydance:
over the last few weeks i had a couple epsiodes of shortness of breath and then my heart beats real fast after it, so my doc wants me to see a cardiologist and have a heart ultrasound just to make sure things are ok.
right now i have a strong feeling its a girl but sometimes i feel its a boy so can't wait to know and stop wondering. im just super thrilled and can't wait.
I hope your all doing fine and having a great time.

Hi Liliana - I am not showing much at all either. Nobody would ever be able to guess I am pregnant. While on the one hand I'd love to have a proper bump, on the other hand I am enjoying feeling normal and it is better that I don't have to tell clients in work yet. So I'm just making the most of it.

Felt lots more little wriggles today, I love it!

Hey ladies, hope everything is ok with you all

Today I'm off work ... AGAIN! I havent been able to sleep very well the last few nights and have been totally knackered when I wake up and certainly not able to do an 8 hour shift of bloody shopping! My back and my hips have been playing me up the last week or so, been really aching by about 12pm at work. So for the last 2 days I've been at home, trying to do a few bits that kinda get put on hold cos I'm still pretty tired when I get home from work.
Sat down last night and did a few workings out and decided that I shall be switching from full time work (39 hours a week) to part time (16 hours) My usual hours are 6am till 2pm, Monday to Friday and with the part time hours I'll probably work 7am till 11am Tuesday to Friday. I think it's a much more manageable way for me as I'm soooo tired and feel so sick still! Also I'll be able to put in some overtime if need be too. Maybe I'm just too old for all this now

Oh and got some great news today... my nuchal test results all came back today.... 1 in 2200 chance of Down's so my baby isnt at risk!!! I cant tell you how relieved I am

Sooo I'm hoping to be starting my new hours in the next couple of weeks. Yeah things will be really tight financially till OH moves in properly and we get everything sorted but the way I'm going atm, I might as well be part time because of the amount of time off I'm having! I refuse to run myself into the ground!

Hope you all have great days girls, I shall be playing Sims 3 and doing housework

HI mynx sorry to hear about the pain I know how you feel there is a back sharp pain in my hip down my leg everytime i move!! its a good thing your going to get a break the new hours sound pretty nice I wish I could get a Job with those types of hours.
so happy for you its such a relief to hear that the baby doesn't have any chances of downs I got the same news yesterday and was thrilled especially after reading several threads on here of the chances I feel so bad for those girls it must be one of the hardest things to deal with.
are you feeling kicks yet?
Polaris- isn't it so cute the little kicks and everytime i want my husband to feel them the baby stops moving..I am not showing properly either but i feel a ball like mass when i try to sleep on my stomach so i have to bend my knee to lift up one side of my body and be able to sleep ok.
I'm so excited can't wait to see the baby on 4D ultrasound in a week and 2 days..
Jen- I hope your doing well we haven't heard from you in a while!! how is eveything going?

I was so relieved about the results of my Downs test that I was tempted to start a new thread about it, but I didnt wanna upset the ladies that have had bad results, you know what I mean? I feel so bad for them too :(
Yes I've finally started to feel some little flutters :D Some bigger than others too! Cant wait till OH can feel them too :happydance:
Still not really showing properly yet altho some people have commented that I'm looking more and more pregnant as the days go by :rofl: Still bloating and definately got some jelly belly going on but it is firming up from my pubic bone upwards lol!

Hope Jen is ok? I know she's a busy busy girl, I just hope she's taking care of herself and the bump :D

We really need to get some piccies up on here of bumps! When we start getting them properly of course lol!

LOL I'm waiting till I actually have a bump to post a picture - at the moment there's not much to see really!

Mynx - sorry to hear you are still feeling sick. That is not nice. Probably the best decision to switch to part time hours at work, you need to look after yourself and baby! Great news about the Down's test results - you must be delighted. We didn't get blood tests or anything and didn't get a specific nuchal scan, so we didn't get a specific risk level, but at the 13 week scan the sonographer just mentioned that there was no extra thickening at the back of the neck so the risk was low. I wouldn't have an amnio anyway, but it was still good to hear that it's low risk!

Liliana - I have the same thing - can't lie on my stomach at all anymore and I always used to sleep on my stomach. Sorry to hear about the pain in your hip. I have been so lucky, since 14 weeks I just feel absolutely completely normal. I really am enjoying the pregnancy because I feel so well. But like that, I feel a bit bad when I read threads of other girls who are really suffering. Woohoo - 4D ultrasound - that is exciting - you will definitely have to post pics.

Jen - hope you are doing well. What's going on with you at the moment - you must be coming into winter now down in Australia.

Myself and OH have just booked 2 weeks off work in July, going to go away somewhere on holidays while I'm still feeling well. Nothing booked yet - off to search the internet now to decide where to go! :happydance::happydance:

mynx- how exciting to feel the baby.. I get all happy and excited everytime the baby gets a little active but my husband still can't feel them on the outside of my belly we tried last night when the baby was active but he couldn't feel anything.

Polaris- wow that sounds wonderful..two weeks vacation is the perfect thing to do before baby comes. I would like to get away for at least a couple days before my due date maybe celebrate our anniversary a bit early since we will probably have a two week old baby at the time.

I got me a yoga for maternity DVD that I hope to be doing at least 3 times a week maybe it will help control the weight gain thing. I feel like even if i eat so healthy and have one little bad thing the scale jumps up two pounds! am I alone on this or is your weight gain as easy as mine? I really envy those girls online who say they are having trouble gaining weight!

Hun I'm gaining weight like it's going outta fashion! My MW is gonna be so cross with me next week :blush:
I'm trying not to worry about it too much right now tho as I know I'll have plenty of time when Lil Bean comes along :D

lol I know what you mean.. the last time i went to the doc I stood on the scale and the nurse said: woooooo someones been feeling alot better. wasn't so funny to me at the moment though lol.

I have actually been eating much less since my m.s. went away. Just as well seeing as I put on about a stone in the first 9 weeks or so!! Haven't really put on anything since though, which I can't really understand because none of my clothes fit anymore!
PS I'm not at all worried about not gaining weight though, just relieved to be honest! I'm sure I will be piling on the pounds again soon.

Finally managed to get the battery charged in my camera but it doesnt do very well taking close up pics... enough of my babbling, here's one of my scan pics from a few weeks ago.. I might post this on that gender prediction website and see wot they think too One of them is a nice profile pic so hopefully they might be able to see something in it ? Fingers crossed The other pic is the baby in the process of turning it's back on the sonographer It had obviously had enough of the limelight lol!

Attachments

• P6120021.jpg
    P6120021.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
  • P6120019.jpg
    P6120019.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2
ohh wow how cute.. I love to look at profile pics i think they look so neat. can't really see the gender parts though its hiden. are you going to find out at the big scan?

Beautiful scan pictures Mynx!

I had a horrible nightmare last night that I was bleeding, it was so realistic, I had to go to the toilet and check when I woke up and had to check again in the morning. It was such an upsetting dream. I haven't had a dream like that for ages.

Hi all. I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Yes, been flat out but all well. Lots of babies being born and mothers needing support. Bub has been going crazy, but like you all I can't feel anything on the outside yet. No scans, as you know, but had my first midwife appointment this week and all well. Heard the heart beat, absolutely fascinating. :)

Anyway, you all sound well. It's been super cold here - thinking about hybernating for the winter!! :rofl:

Take care. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->