Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

Hi, gals.

Well, I'm pretty exhausted at this point!

Between a toddler, full-time study, running a business and a few other little things there's always something to do and hardly ever time to rest!! :hissy:

Oh, well. I will get over it. :rofl:

Sounds like you are all doing fairly well. Polaris, sounds like you're managing your ms well. Liliana, you sound like you're doing great especially now you've had your test done. :happydance:

Take care. :hugs:

Hey everyone congrats on their BFP!!!
Just got mine about a week ago.. 5 weeks tomorrow. No symptoms but sore boobs.. Will i be one of the lucky ones to escape MS. :p

Heehee, I don't want to shatter your hopes of escaping ms but mine didn't set in until about 6 and a half weeks. My advice would be just enjoy having no major symptoms while it lasts! Congratulations on your :bfp:!

Aussie wow thats alot going on...i feel for you. on the bright side maybe the pregnancy will go faster and it wont feel so long.

Krystal congrats on your BFP and like polaris said enjoy the days when ur feeling good you will miss them.

MS hit me bad today i was feeling so sick it seems that the smell of meat really gets me going. but im loving the hot red pepper I had a red pepper sandwich today :shock: and it made me feel better.

I hope your all having a good day.

Haha Liliana. I'm with you on the hot stuff. I had a chilli chicken laksa on Tuesday and surprisingly it settled my queasiness. Go figure!! :rofl:

Here's some food for thought for you all:

https://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ClickedLink=247&ck=10158&area=27

Enjoy. :)

Lolll... I know its wishful thinking that i will escape that hey...
Well i hope the MS is soon over for all you lovely ladies :(
But i will keep thinkin positive. I think that because i have been eating well i havent been getting sick yet.. Or maybe its helping :p

Aussie hehehe so im not alone on the hot stuff ha? i was wondering why they always tell pregnant women not to eat hot stuff?? I hope it doesnt harm the fetus cause thats pretty much most of what i eat..
Krystal.. I hope you don't get ms that would be nice. the only good thing about ms is they say its an indicator that the baby is doing well.
polaris how are you?? I hope all is well with you.

LOL Krystal. Your body needs to catch up on the pregnancy front. So the odds are you'll feel something soon - usually 6-7 weeks it starts. It may not be vomiting (and we won't wish that upon you!!) but you might just feel queasy. It's all considered ms in my book. I've not really heard that eating well stops you getting ms, this is because it's caused by hormones in your system. Liliana makes a valid point too, as the ms is caused by the hCG in your system. hCG is the hormone that maintains the viability of the Corpus Luteum which in turn gives the fertilised egg the nutrients required until it grows the placenta and maintains nutrient levels that way. Hope that makes sense. I do need to add to that some women who don't get particularly sick (I only had queasiness with my first) can definitely still go on to birth a perfectly healthy baby.

This might help everyone to understand how hCG levels affect you during pregnancy:
(taken from www.birth.com.au)

Weeks of pregnancy after last period and HCG level for single baby (mIU/ml or IU/L)
Week 3 0 to 5
Week 4 5 to 426
Week 5 18 to 7340
Week 6 1,080 to 56,500
Weeks 7 to 8 7,650 to 229,000
Weeks 9 to 12 25,700 to 288,000
Weeks 13 to 16 13,300 to 254,000
Weeks 17 to 24 4,060 to 165,400
Weeks 25 to birth 3,640 to 117,000
4 to 6 wks postnatal Less than 5

Liliana, re the spicy food during pregnancy, I found this on the Eat Well UK website:

"It's fine to eat spicy foods while you're pregnant, as long as you feel OK while you're eating them."

Have a lovely day everyone. :hugs:

Wonderful, thanks Aussie I was feeling guilty everytime i ate the hot peppers now i can enjoy it more.

Thanks for the advice ladies.. Really appreciate it. So I went to the doctor for a blood test about a week ago and my HCG was above 25 so very early pregnancy... Then i went yesterday to make sure it was rising properly. Its is now at 500. Is this normal and ok.
Is this maybe why i havent gotten sick yet is because my levels havent peaked that high yet?
I hope my baby is ok, Just because i havent gotten many symptoms at all besides sore/ big breast/nipples, and very little cramping at all. When i do cramp, It comes and goes and feels like mestrual cramps but a little weaker and only lasts for a few minutes.
Whats your opinion?
Lol i know i need to catch up on the pregnancy lingo... (I am a newbie, never been preggo before) :p

LOL Liliana, no probs. :)

Krystal, try not to stress to much lovely. It's probably more like your hCG nowhere near where it's going to get to real soon! hCG is one of those wierd hormones that increases x100s or even x 1000s, depending on the woman. The symptoms you are feeling are a good sign, as hCG also causes these wonderful delights! Let's face it, stressing isn't going to change the outcome (don't take this harsh, just being matter of fact) and your baby can use some relaxation vibes right now! So get out the candles, run yourself a nice bath and sip... orange juice! :rofl:

Take care, ladies. Chat soon. :hugs:

P.S. For those of you feeling the ms (my queasiness is getting worse, and some days I wish I could vomit to make myself feel better!! :rofl:) I have been using the travel sickness bands you get at the chemist. They've made it much more manageable.

HTH. Cya! :hugs:

HI Ladies
how is everyone doing?? i hope your all well..ms is really getting to me. the smells are bothering me alot. this morning i used mouth wash and i was gagging everytime i breath from the smell. and everytime i have to feed my toddler i feel like throwing up.
can't wait till the 2nd trimester.

Hi ladies,

my sympathies to everyone who is feeling queasy. It's a horrible feeling and it really wears you out doesn't it? That's interesting about the travel sickness bands Aussie Jen, that's certainly worth a try, I must look out for them.

one of my main problems at the moment is that I have a permanent nasty taste in my mouth and lots and lots of saliva. Not too sure if I would call it metallic but it's not nice and I think it contributes to the queasiness. I'm also exhausted - I swear I could happily sleep for most of the day and just get up to eat from time to time. My other problem is that although I know that eating helps the nausea I'm finding it really difficult to think of anything that I would like to eat. I went shopping today and mainly bought fruit, tinned fruit, fruit juice, and jelly! Not exactly a balanced diet but it's all I seem to fancy at the moment and I suppose it could be worse! Did get some chocolate chip cookies too that are going down well but I don't really want to live on biscuits!! The thought of cooking makes me feel ill at the moment - does anyone else find this?

Hi, gals. I have one word for you: QUEEEEEEEEEEEASY! And let's admit it; it's not easy being queasy! :rofl:

I am getting to the point where I'm not happy about some particular smells, but they're mostly perfumes, deoderants and my husband's favourite after shave (don't have the heart to tell him... yet). Brushing my teeth has also become an option these days. Ew, I know. Normally I can't STAND not to brush my teeth, but I'm feeling the need to cut down these days (I know it's only temporary, so trying not to get to thingy about it). :rofl:

With my first I couldn't stand the smell of cooking veges - particularly broccoli. This time I'm kinda like you Polaris - I think what I'm feeling is hungry but can't bring myself to eat anything. Doh!

Oh, well. Let's all remember - this whole feeling is totally temporary!!!! Not long now!!

Take care. :hugs:

I hear you ladies.. brushing my teeth is also becoming a problem. and i just cant stand eggs even the thought makes me want to throw up. i found that plain corn flakes and milk goes down well as it doesnt have too much flavor to it.
I made banana bread a couple days ago and ate some then after a while went to eat more and couldnt stand to even look at it i had to throw it away to get rid of the smell.
my husband's perfume which used to be my favorite is now a problem ...
oh well like you said Jen its all temporary

I'm enjoying plain foods too - for dinner today I'm having cup-a-soup and white bread, no preparation required, smells of cooking are not good at the moment. I can see why pregnancy vitamins are popular, seriously I generally have quite a healthy diet, it has really gone downhill recently!! I've invited friends round for dinner next Friday so I'm going to have to think of something to cook for them that doesn't involve too many cooking smells! Can't really give them cup-a-soups :rofl:.

It is definitely good to remember that this is only temporary - question to those who are on second or subsequent pregnancies - at what stage did you find that m.s. started to ease off a little bit? I know that most people say it is pretty much gone by 13-14 weeks but does it stay in full force up to then or does it gradually start to ease off as time goes on? Can you guess what answer I'm hoping for??

HI Polaris.. Good luck with your dinner next week its going to be tough cooking.. as for ms with my first pregnancy i had it really bad alot worse than this time (so far) and i think it lasted till around 16-17 weeks not exactly sure but i remember passing the 13-14 weeks and thinking ok it should be over and it wasn't over but mine kinda tapered off it just got better and better till it went away. but I read that some people it just suddenly goes away.. that would be nice. it did peak at 11 weeks i remember that very well ,at that point i thought to myself i am never doing this again lol .. and here I am starting ms all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->