buddy wanted - ttc after ectopic surgery to remove a tube or more

Gray I'm so sorry you have had to go through this again. Unfortunately we are more likely now we have had one to have another and it just seems so unfair. It's good they are going to look and check for blockage now. Was it on the same side again?

Yes lady luck it was in the same tube :cry:. But hopefully once the doctor does my hsg they can rule out if that is the problem.

Hi,

I feel like I know you all so well after reading your posts..
You have given me so much hope xx

My story..
Ttc for 8yrs - have pcos -
Gave up trying 2yrs ago when we adopted our 2 beautiful babies xx
Then on the 24th February I got what I thought was my period, but it never stopped so I went to the doctors and was told it sounded like I was ovulating..
I started doing ovulation tests that were all coming back positive - which I was advised can also mean you are pregnant..
So I took a test on 15/03/14 and it was positive - (absolutely shocked)
Called out hospital and advised on my bleeding and cramps..
Was called in for a can on 19/03/14 -
On scan I was told I had a pregnancy of unknown location - I had blood tests find and I had hcg level of 2240.. I was told to come back in 2 days and be retested - but I was more than likely having mc..
The following day I had sharp pain on my left ovary and couldn't move..
I went in to hospital and they did another scan and said I ended emergency surgery - I was 9wks pregnant and I hand ruptured my left tube - I had to have it removed..
I came around from the surgery and was advised I was very lucky I had came in when I had..
I am absolutely devastated xx
The following morning my brother and sister inlaw announced their ivf had been a success xx
I am so happy for them but also so sad at the same time xx
Life can be so cruel xx

lovely-Yes life can definitely be cruel!! I am so sorry for your loss! I had an ectopic back in May and I lost my tube! My husband also has horrible sperm and we were told the ONLY way we would get pregnant was IVF or IUI and we decided we needed to save some money up then after the ectopic and I could do an IUI or IVF we would but we got prego naturally!! So it works in mysterious ways!! So never give up hope!!- this goes to all the ladies here! The amazing thing about this page is that all these ladies here who I have met and had the journey with all had ectopics but then got pregnant and have had beautiful & healthy babies! So if you have any questions/want to vent this is the best place for it, we are all here for you!

Thank you so much xx
Having a really emotional day xx
Trying to take a positive form it all - we did finally get pregnant xx
Now it's the waiting game again xx never wanted my period so much in my life xx

Thank you so much xx

I lovelylea, I am in the same boat. I had ruptured ectopic pregnancy leading to near death experience. I also lost my right tube (emergency laparoscopy surgery) on Feb 5th. Its been more than 7 weeks since then no AF. BFN thrice. I was not willing to wait for 3 mnths. So started immediately after bleeding stopped. Desperately trying to conceive. I want my baby back :cry:

Sorry am not fully understanding all the short words eg af

Hi,

I feel like I know you all so well after reading your posts..
You have given me so much hope xx

My story..
Ttc for 8yrs - have pcos -
Gave up trying 2yrs ago when we adopted our 2 beautiful babies xx
Then on the 24th February I got what I thought was my period, but it never stopped so I went to the doctors and was told it sounded like I was ovulating..
I started doing ovulation tests that were all coming back positive - which I was advised can also mean you are pregnant..
So I took a test on 15/03/14 and it was positive - (absolutely shocked)
Called out hospital and advised on my bleeding and cramps..
Was called in for a can on 19/03/14 -
On scan I was told I had a pregnancy of unknown location - I had blood tests find and I had hcg level of 2240.. I was told to come back in 2 days and be retested - but I was more than likely having mc..
The following day I had sharp pain on my left ovary and couldn't move..
I went in to hospital and they did another scan and said I ended emergency surgery - I was 9wks pregnant and I hand ruptured my left tube - I had to have it removed..
I came around from the surgery and was advised I was very lucky I had came in when I had..
I am absolutely devastated xx
The following morning my brother and sister inlaw announced their ivf had been a success xx
I am so happy for them but also so sad at the same time xx
Life can be so cruel xx

Hello Lovelylea I am soo sorry for your lost but I am glad that you are a survivor of a ruptured tube. I am currently recovering from and ectopic and I agree that sometime life can be cruel but its groups like this that helps make it easier for us to vent and relate our situations to those who have been there. Although you are going through this tough period we are here for support don't think that you are alone. Has your cycled returned back yet?

Sorry am not fully understanding all the short words eg af

AF - Aunt Flow (period). Not sure what to expect at this time after 7 weeks of surgery

I had my ectopic back in April 2013 and my first AF didn't arrive until the July. The doctor said that was normal - it could be any where from 1 to 3 months before my body went back into the routine.

It felf cruel though, as it was like my body still thought it was pregnant :(

Does anyone know - after tunnel removal do your hcg levels return to 0 straight away

No, mine had to be monitored over a few weeks to ensure it went down to below 5.

Called Dr, was advised no need to be monitored..
Confused..

Maybe it was low enough that they weren't concerned. Mine went down quite slowly which was why I was monitored.

Thank you so much xx

I lovelylea, I am in the same boat. I had ruptured ectopic pregnancy leading to near death experience. I also lost my right tube (emergency laparoscopy surgery) on Feb 5th. Its been more than 7 weeks since then no AF. BFN thrice. I was not willing to wait for 3 mnths. So started immediately after bleeding stopped. Desperately trying to conceive. I want my baby back :cry:

Hey, sorry you ended up joining this board :( Although its not what you will want to hear it took me nearly 3 months to get af and then I had two dodgy cycles after that but they have settled now. Everyone is different though so yours may come sooner. Its horrible just waiting it out, I got quite frustrated and posted on here a couple of times.

I have been trying since Dec when my af started to settle a little and no luck for me as yet. I think it does take a little longer as i believe it takes a little bit of time for your body to settle when you have had the tube removed. I am just nearing the end of my cycle day 28 of approx 30/32 day cycle and this cycle I was really sore on the side that I had the tube removed so I feel this cycle is a bit of a dud. It was the first time Ive had any pain there since the surgery back in Aug x

I hope your af sorts its self out soon I still get really emotional about it all and would love to be preg again but im starting to realize it may take a little more time than I would like :(

Hugs x x

Lovelylea - you only had the tube removed on the 19th didn't you? I know its really hard, but you've got to let your body heal before you try again. Think what damage you could be doing to your body if you got a :BFP: before everything was healed inside, let alone your emotional healing.

I know how tough it is, I wanted to jump right back into it again, unfortuantley I had complications which meant we had to wait 3 months in the end, but the docs know best when they say to wait 1 cycle.

I know I should wait xx
it's just so hard..
It took us 8yrs to get to this point.

Was told to wait 1 cycle or 6wks xx
I have pcos so I don't really have regular af..
Am going to track with ovulation sticks xx

Just wanted to say hello to the new ladies, sorry you find yourselves here.
Lovelylea - im so sorry, I remember how you are feeling like it was yesterday. I had an ectopic at 11 weeks pregnant and my tube removed. 2 days after my sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I didn't begrudge them their special time as they had their own struggles and waited so long for it. But it was like a slap in the face watching them be so happy when I had just lost my baby and my tube. On the plus side, it took 5 weeks for my first and only period to arrive, and the cycle after that I got pregnant! So many of the other ladies here have got pregnant fairly quickly or already had their babies. So its pretty quiet in here these days. But please come and talk to us and ask any questions or vent, the ladies in here are amazing.
Lots of love x x

hello ladies! and welcome to the new ones, I have been MAJOR slack at posting in here but I do often think of how all you are going, nothing really new to report here, still pregnant and coming up to the 36 week mark so all going well I will have baby in 4-6 weeks, eeek!

hope everyone is ok and can't wait to hear of all the future bfps

xx

Aww thank you ljsmummy..
I find myself getting angry everytime my sister in laws moans about anything relating to her pregnancy..
I am trying to stay positive about it all xx
I have amazing children DD (34mths) & DS (24mths) we adopted them both November 2012 xx
So as you can imagine finding out I was pregnant was a massive shock as we were under the allusion I couldn't ovulate..
I keep trying to convince myself if my body did it this time on its own it can do it again x.
Trying to have faith xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"