Chill

We will be having:
Roast chicken
Omelettes and chips
Tuna pasta bake
Cottage pie
Sausage and mash
Curry rice and naan

I have certain staple cupboard supplies that I have all the time, then buy the fresh ingredients I need for the meals.

Next weeks plan. We always have jacket spuds on mondays. Its one of the few meals LO eats happily. And we are having burgers again on thursday but they were a hit with LO so might add a little extra on the side.

Mon: jacket spuds with cheese and beans and home made garlic bread And salad.
Tues: tacos with h/m tortilla shells. Not sure what to with it. Feel free to suggest something.
Wed: pork chops fryed in apple sauce with spuds veg gravey and yorkies.
Thurs: burgers with sweet potato and normal potato wedges ( forgot to make wedges last week so will be something for LO and OH to try. )
Fri: h/m garlic chicken with h/m wedges for OH and LO and cheesey chips for me, beans, gravey and chicken bites. OH was going for a h/m kfc
Sat: sausage casserole with dumplings
Sun: ham and cheese filled pasta sheets. With garlic bread.

Some of them dont have a side so feel free to suggest anything. It gets a little boring because i have 2 fussy eaters to feed. Theres only so many h/m wedges i can eat.

Lunches will be ham salad cobs/ wraps/ sandwiches, hummous and breadsticks, cheese on toast, tortilla pizza and h/m lunchables ( i dont know what they are called but a hm version of the shop brought ones. So cracker, ham, cheese, ill sneak some tomatos on aswell ).

Oh where are you from? I'm originally from Leicester and I say cob but no one else ever knows what one is xx

Lol im from leicester. So obviously a leicester thing. Its a pain when i type " cob" in to a shopping site nothing ever comes up.

I'm from Derby and it's 'cob' but no one in Newcastle, Birmingham, Dudley, or Staffordshire knew what it was when i asked for a 'chip cob' at the chippy lol. (although in some places people think it's weird that i ask to have chips on a cob)

I can cope with calling it a 'roll' but i'm not going to go around saying 'bap', 'batch' or 'stottie'.... around here people call their sandwiches 'pieces' though i think that sounds cute lol

'vague' mealplan

Sunday - pork and apple sausages, mash, stuffing, veg, yorkies and gravy
Monday - Meatballs and spaghetti
Tuesday - Same as Monday as there's lots of meatballs to use
Wednesday - boston bean hotpot
Thursday - Wednesday leftovers... depending on how much is left
Friday - egg & veg fried rice

I seem to use a lot of meat, I don't buy meat full price so it's not a problem but I would be happy to work in more veggie meals. Does anyone have some nice recipes?

I'm from Derby and it's 'cob' but no one in Newcastle, Birmingham, Dudley, or Staffordshire knew what it was when i asked for a 'chip cob' at the chippy lol. (although in some places people think it's weird that i ask to have chips on a cob)

I can cope with calling it a 'roll' but i'm not going to go around saying 'bap', 'batch' or 'stottie'.... around here people call their sandwiches 'pieces' though i think that sounds cute lol

Darn it i fancy a chip cob now. I thought chip cobs were normal.

What do other places call a crusty cob?

I call them breadcakes? :shrug:

I need to go back to meal planning as my shopping bill is creeping up and we're ending up with far too much crap!

We call them rolls but here they tend to have bread so you have a chip butty not a roll/cob.

I am awful for this. I sorted it all out for a little but gone back to going to the shop daily and spending about £30-£40 a day. I will start again, I think.

Ps. We really cant afford that but just when I get a bit low I find it hard to find the motivation.

We call them rolls but here they tend to have bread so you have a chip butty not a roll/cob.

I am awful for this. I sorted it all out for a little but gone back to going to the shop daily and spending about £30-£40 a day. I will start again, I think.

Ps. We really cant afford that but just when I get a bit low I find it hard to find the motivation.

:hugs: to you feeling low. Is there something you would like to buy, a treat for yourself? Maybe you could do a big, meal planed shop and use the money you save to buy yourself a treat as a one off, might be a good incentive and you probably deserve it!

That's a fab idea. I will sit down and do it tonight and spend the money I save over the next two weeks to buy a dress for our wedding vow renewal.

Thank you for the hugs xx

That's a fab idea. I will sit down and do it tonight and spend the money I save over the next two weeks to buy a dress for our wedding vow renewal.

Thank you for the hugs xx

Hope it all goes well. Saving by meal planing and vow renewals.

I must admit sometimes i send OH out to tesco i the evening, its a 10 minute walk to the little tesco, and get him to pick up reduced meats, veg etc and then freeze. This is how my brother and his girlfriend shop, mostly because they have a tiny studio apartment with no storage. But also beacuse it works out quite cheap.

I have about 20 portions of reduced meat and fish in my freezer, I pretty much only by reduced.
Tonight we had roast turkey joint, roast butternut squash and cabbage with gravy.
I expect Tuesday we will have Turkey and ham pie. Ham was a large half price joint slow cooked and leftovers bags up into sandwich portions and the little bits for use in recipes.
We have run out of most fresh items so Tuesday I will be doing a £40 shop at sainsbury (have £8 voucher from nectar) and see what veg is on offer and plan meals around that.
Xx

This week were having
Mon - Chicken fajitas
Tuesday - Saus and mash
Weds - Pasta Bake
Thursday - Chicken burgers
Friday - Frozen pizza (instead of takeaway lol!)
Saturday lunch - bacon sarnies

I've planned out next week too but can't remember it off the top of my head.

In ragrds to the chippy - I would ask for a chip butty :) xx

My meal plan for this week is

Mon- Beef and root veg hotpot (slow cooker)
Tues- Steak fajitas
Wed- Chicken and bacon with leaks and a mustard mash (slow cooker)
Thurs- Fish and boiled potatoes
Fri- Chicken curry and rice/chips
Sat- Freezer food
Sun- Sausage, beans and mash
Mon- BBQ chicken and potato wedges

Will go shopping tues then

This week-
Mon- oven roasted chicken breast (with random herbs/spices) brown rice mushrooms and tomatos
Tues-chilli salmon ramen
Wed- Steak with sweet pot mash and leeks.
thurs- same as mon
Fri - Probably omelette with spinach and tomato.
Sat-Brown rice and left over veg and maybe an poached egg.
Sun- husband cooks so what ever he decides

Dinners are soups, sandwiches or crumpets. Snack are fruit or snack a jacks. This is roughly what we have most weeks with the odd thing like chilli or cottage pie some weeks.

This is my first week of doing this so here is my meal plan for this week
Monday:chargrilled chicken salad
Tuesday:cottage pie
Wednesday:pasta bake w/garlic bread
Thursday:spag Bol
Friday:chicken with rice and steamed veg
Saturday and Sunday we eat at my parents

Oh and I'd ask for a 'chip bap' I'm from Cheshire, I've asked for that in other places and they had no idea what I was going on about lol x

I love that we're all sharing ideas!

Ours :

Sat : Fajitas (don't buy the kit, I have a great spice recipe I can share that we cook with chicken, an onion and a pepper). We serve with value tortilla, grated cheese, garlic bread and home made wedges. Salsa and Sweet Chilli sauce is a sauce we always have in the house.

Sunday : Mums for weekly Sunday roast

Monday : Chicken escalope, chips and beans (cheat version, we use value chicken burgers lol and home made chips

Tuesday : Sausage, mash and carrots

Wednesday : At friends

Thursday : At friends

Friday : Cheesy pasta and garlic bread (home made cheesy sauce)

I love that we're all sharing ideas!

Ours :

Sat : Fajitas (don't buy the kit, I have a great spice recipe I can share that we cook with chicken, an onion and a pepper). We serve with value tortilla, grated cheese, garlic bread and home made wedges. Salsa and Sweet Chilli sauce is a sauce we always have in the house.

Sunday : Mums for weekly Sunday roast

Monday : Chicken escalope, chips and beans (cheat version, we use value chicken burgers lol and home made chips

Tuesday : Sausage, mash and carrots

Wednesday : At friends

Thursday : At friends

Friday : Cheesy pasta and garlic bread (home made cheesy sauce)

What's your spice recipe hun? I got the kit for £1 this week but would like to make my own xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->