Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Hi ladies, nothing new to report here... just a quiet (thank goodness) weekend at home. I have rested a lot, and its helped a lot but now I feel lazy LOL.

Anyway just wanted to check in.... hope everyone is doing well

sounds like a good idea for most of us to have a rest this weekend!

Glad you're feeling better Angelique!

Babyhopes, I would definitely NOT recommend holding your bladder - I think this has contributed to my bladder pains the last few days when I've been doing this!!!

My pain has gone down quite a bit now so either the antibiotics are working or my uterus has expanded a bit more!! Whichever one, it's a relief that it's not so sore!!

We're going out to look at buggys this afternoon!! Very excited!!!! :happydance:

Hey ladies, same here nothing exciting to report. Rubbish nights sleep ds in our bed and awake most of the night...so bloody tired. Done housework this morning and now doing nothing...had a nice bath and put on clean pjs and thats how i plan on staying the rest of the day.

Aw Leeze have fun shopping let us know what you buy xxx

Have a fun lazy day everyone.. we start our antenatals tomorrow evening.. xx

Leeze have fun stoller shopping, hope you find something xx

omg im so bored! hubby on xbox ds playing and watching cbeebies on laptop..dh lost in her bedroom stuck in a book or her laptop no doubt! Running out of things to look at!

Because im so bored i am going to list everything i have already and then what i think i need to buy and then you can add for me too!

What i have: -

Travel System and Carseat with base
Blankets neutral and pink
Moses baskets x2 upstairs and downstairs as i dont have a carrycot on pram
Moses basket sheets and blankets
Cot Bed
Cot sheets and blankets (all white and neutral)
Baby bath
Playmat
Swinging chair
manual breast pump
Breast pads
Bottles
Cold water steriliser + tablets
3 White bath towels
Lots of babygrows in newborn and 0-3 (im going to count them im that bored)
Lots of vests newborn and 0-3
2 newborn outfits
1 newborn cardy
1 newborn coat
1 newborn snowsuit
Blankets for pram/carseat
Double pushchair
Baby monitor
Muslin squares
Bottle warmer
changing mat
Hats
Socks

What i need: -

1 new moses basket mattress
Nappies
Wetwipes
Baby bath products
Nail clippers
Maternity pads
Rain cover for carseat
Single bed for ds so baby can have cot
Dummies (just a couple never used them before but you never know!)
A tin of formula just incase breast feeding doesnt go to plan like last time
Changing bag
Cot mattress

Im sure there must be lots ive forgotten...cant believe how much i have (but most of its from ds)

Wow - Pink Sparkle - you've been really organised to get all this stuff already!!!

I've got so far:
changing mat
baby bath
moses basket
babygrows
vests
tights
muslin squares
1 pack of nappies
changing bag
mobile to hang on cot
2 snowsuits
a couple of tiny little hats
some socks/tights
a bath thermometer
some cute little dresses
a few baby toys/fabric books
baby sleeping bag (one of my favourite things, so VERY cute!!)

I think that's all. Pink, I can't really think of anything missing from your list except maybe socks/tights/hats/scratch mitts. We've got lots to get still but I think our main priorities now are to get a buggy and car seat and to get the other smaller things along the way. We've had a good luck at the shops today but didn't find anything we really liked in terms of buggies. We want something that's quite lightweight and easy to get on and off public transport, but also comfy for LO and has carrycot as well as regular stroller type seat and can take a car seat on it. My OH has come up with the Icandy strawberry as being a good one - although it's not out until September/October so we might need to wait. We've decided this is the main luxury we're going to splash out on so we want something really nice that's easy to use and got lots of room for shopping bags (my requirement!!!!).

Babyhopes - how exciting to start the antenatals tomorrow! Let us know how you get on xx

wow you guys are so organized, the list sounds brilliant.. xxx

ive got :

cotbed
blankets
fitted sheets,mattress for cotbed,flat sheet, bumper
dummies
gromming set
bottle set
babybath
bath towels
bath cuddle and dry robe
sponges
socks
mitts
soft sock shoes
0-3 sleeveless,halfsleeve body suits
sleepingsuits
x4 0-3 outfits
playmat
changing bag
car seat
dresser
travel system
more bedding and steriliser to be recieved from mum
room thermometer
baby thermometer
cotbed lullaby mobile

WHAT I NEED :
soft toys
toiletries - bubblebath,lotion nappies,sudocrem etc
breast pump set including breast pads, nipple cream etc.
probably few more clothes
extra storage box.
hats

i dont know if ive missed out on anything.

I think i could do with more clothes really, but still waiting for my 28 week scan to double check she is defo a she before i get rid of all ds's clothes. A lot of my things are from when i had him im using anything unisex and even a few more boyish sleepsuits that i just love and cant bear to get rid of.

Leeze how lovely i dont blame you on splashing out on your pram. If i didnt need a stupid ugly practical double i would have got something real nice this time. Although i will use my loola from ds when i dont need to use a double. Ive got a cot mobile but its a jungle theme one and i dont know whether or not to buy a more girly one. Might have a look on ebay tbh i hardly used the last one! x

good idea pink sparkle about waiting..xxx now i want to reconfirm lol.. will have 2 wait until my saturday appointment though ! 26+5

Ive only got an extra one as im having a growth scan i just hope they are willing to look for me! x

How is everyone...bit quiet again on here a few ladies not been on again for quite a while...hope everyone is ok pop on just to let us know that you are if nothing else xxx

Wow girls! You are all way ahead of me! I have my stroller and car seat, a crib and clothes, lots of newborn and the next size up. I haven't blunt bedding yet, but I know what one I want. I font really care for baby baths, or changing tables, so I will skip those. I have socks and some sleepers, I'm supposed to be having a shower, but I'm not sure anyone will step up and actually do one. I don't really see much more that I HAVE to have besides a few binkies and a couple bottles, then diapers and wipes, and bath stuff... idk maybe I'm way delusional LOL. Oh and burp cloths!! A must have. I need some boy blankets as the ones I have are all pink lol

OK I take that back, I have a bassinet, and a walker, and some toys and clothes for when he is older, but I want to get a playpen also, and probably a mobile for the crib, I think I have a diaper genie to despise of smelly diapers..... really need to go through my shed!

I have a cot, travel system, Moses basket, nappies, wipes, changing mat, play mat, clothes, bouncers and a few blankies.

I only have 2 weeks til my scan!! So excited!!

my scan is on saturday only 4 days away but seems so long !! after a wait of 3 weeks lol

All this talk of more scans is making me want another one too!!!! I won't be having another one now unless we get a private 4D one. I'd love to do this but we've got so much expense on at the moment with buying a new place and all the baby stuff we need to get too - not sure if I can justify it.

Angelique - what's a diaper genie then?

Pink Sparkle - I agree, there's quite a few of the group missing!! Where's Darling, Waitress, Babylove, Bernie, Pielette - hope you guys are all ok :hugs:

so we went to our antenatal class today, we had two couples from the UK, a couple from newzealand and an australian couple, they were all quite reserved, nobody spoke out loud much or asked questions or anything.. i did because i wanted to know the answers to some of them ..

we spoke about health in pregnancy and she spoke about some evidence advising against using cot bumpers for restriction of airflow to baby while sleeping, she also advised against using toiletries like baby soap, bubble baths and products for fear of dry skin and eczema, i however will be using baby oil to moisturize and she said something about not using baby wipes and using cotton and wool as a best option so that the chemicals from the wipes scented or not dont really touch babys skin, atleast for 2 months.

i may get unscented wipes.. we talked about when to go into hospital, when you know for sure.. and how to excerise and not bum on couch because bumming on couch makes the baby go into posterior position and the best position for delivery is anterior etc.,

so yeah we both thought the class was good and we'll see how it goes on from now .x

thanks for sharing, great that you found it useful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->