Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Update on me... I went to my new OB yesterday. I feel like I'm getting a yeast infection or something so I called and they fit me in.

I love my new doctor! He was very thorough with me. He did a culture for the infection, so we will see. He took my blood to check my hcg levels and thyroid and the best par is he wants to do an early scan at 6 weeks.

That is when I miscarried last time, so he wants to make sure everything is progressing. When I miscarried, I went in for the first time because I was bleeding. The doctor did a scan and couldn't even see the sack :(. So, the baby had stopped growing probably a while ago.

I know I will be a nervous wreck that day, but it will be such a relief to know that my pumpkin seed is healthy!

Good news Girlnextdoor, it's good to have a doc you can trust. I haven't even booked to see my doctor yet, need to try to get in this coming week I guess. I just wanted to get through the first week or so after :bfp: as was so convinced AF would still arrive!

Is there a certain criteria for who gets a very early scan? For example, do you know if older ladies (I'm 36) may get one? x

I'M not sure if they would use age as a criteria or not. Maybe if you ask your doc for one he will just do it. You can tell him you are nervous about it. Have you been getting cramps or anything? Maybe that would also be a reason. I think a lot probably depends on the doctor. My friend also miscarried and her doctor still made her wait until 10 weeks before he would give her a scan.

By the way, I told him I was having some cramps and he said it can be normal, but I should try to take it really easy for a few days and see if the cramping gets better. He said sometimes it can mean you are not resting enough.

Touch wood, no my tummy is pretty quiet now, just very bloated and a bit gassy sometimes :haha::blush: I'm pretty symptomless which is freaking me out a bit. Is this normal? My boobs were tender on and off at first but they have gone a lot quieter now too :shrug: They have developed a few new veins though!

I guess I'm just nervous as it's my first pregnancy and probably read too much about the risk when you're over 35 :dohh:

Hi Nat I am over 35 too! (waaaaay over, I'm 39) This is my second baby and I am having a lot of cramps, but I did with my first as well so it isn't freaking me out as much this time. I'm going in for my first scan on Tuesday, they want to check for a yolk sac to make sure everything is working OK. I'm getting the scan at my fertility clinic, because I got my BFP with clomid and IUI. I guess once they confirm everything's all right they will then send me over to the Obgyn office for continuing care.
I'm looking forward to the scan and terrified of it in equal measures!!!

Zucchini, that is how I'm feeling about my scan. I haven't scheduled it yet, so I'm not sure what date it will be, but I know I will be so nervous when I go in. I hope dh will be able to take off work and be there.

Nat, with my son I had sore boobs and I was hungry, and that was all I had. I think every woman is different, and every pregnancy is different too! I think as long as ere is no bleeding, there usually isn't any cause for concern. You should book an appt with your OB and tell him you are nervous and see if he will do a scan to confirm everything is fine. He may just tell you no way though because I think most preg women are nervous :winkwink:

Nat-the same thing is happening to me. When I got my BFP on Tuesday I had sore boobs and cramping but now those symptoms have eased a bit. This morning though I noticed some brown/pinkish watery discharge (no blood-sorry TMI) only when I wiped. Has anyone experienced this? I did take a preg test this morning and it was still positive. I know whaite discharge is normal but is brown/pinkish normal? So nervous.

Hi girls. I wish we had an update from "9babies" I really hope all is ok with her.

luckybeans: from what I know, a little bit of tinted discharge pink or brown is ok and can come and go and be completely normal. Try not to worry unless you see bright red blood. I actually had just one lonely spotting yesterday of a sort of off-white/beige color.

Girls I also have very few symptoms. as I've mentioned my only really obvious symptom is my backache which is usually a dull ache but once in a while can be more intense and very uncomfortable on and off. Oh and at night only, my tummy gets sooo bloated and a teeny bit crampy. and my bbs are only tender at night also.
I think the symptoms are definitely different for most women.

girlnextdoor: that's great that you have a good doctor you're happy with. I can't wait for my first appointment.
I don't get any "confirmation" appointment or anything. I have to wait until march 18th for my first visit! But I'm very glad that they will be doing a scan on that day! I guess it's probably considered an "early" scan as I'll only be about 7wks, 4days? But they told me on the phone that they will look for the sack and the heartbeat. So I am both excited and VERY nervous about that appointment!

Anyway, I thought I came on to tell you girls something and now I can't remember what I wanted to talk about?!! weird, don't tell me pregnancy-brain starts this early!! :dohh:

:hugs: later girls!

It is exciting that you already know when your scan will be! Pregnancy brain definitely starts this early! I had it even before my bfp. I can't remember what I said, but it was really stupid and my dh even asked me if something was wrong :haha:

Hi pumpkin growing mummies :flower:

Firstly - 9babies - I hope you're doing ok, hon - I know how scary and horrible it can be when there's bleeding. Even though you can try to reassure yourself that for some women it can be normal, you can't help but worry can you? Did you manage to get it checked out yet? :hugs:

Nat - great to see you on here, it's a lovely bunch on here and I'm pleased to hear there's a few over 35s on here (I'm 38) plus some younger women too - I think it makes a nice balance! :hugs: I think in terms of getting an earlier scan you normally would get it if you'd had a previous miscarriage or suspected health complications. Your Doctor might be able to refer you if you said you were really stressing about it, I'm not sure. I had a m/c last year and have managed to get an early scan booked for 11th March, I'll be about 6 weeks and 4 days by then. I think I would probably otherwise check into how much it is to get it done privately just for peace of mind.

Zucchini - well done for the BFP after clomid and IUI :happydance: - I'm guessing you've been through a lot to get to this point! I was just about to start fertility treatment (was TTC for 14 months) and had an HSG which is what got me the BFP as I got it in the same cycle!! Good luck for the scan on Tuesday

Luckybeans - I had some watery brownish spotting when I wiped a few days ago and it has gone now. I think it's pretty normal this early on, we should only worry if it turns to heavy bleeding or really painful cramping. I know it's hard not to worry though! :hugs:

Girlnextdoor - hooray for early scans!! hopefully this will help reassure you. Sorry to hear about your loss the last time. I had a m/c last year and had a scan and they said they couldn't even see the sac. Heart-breaking, isn't it? Does yours feel any different this time? I feel really different this time, like last time I had quite a lot of bleeding around 12 or 13dpo which I thought was AF at first then it stopped. then every day I had quite painful cramping and when I spoke to the Doctor at the time he tried to reassure me it was normal. This time round I've had cramping on and off but nothing like the last time and apart from the tiny bit of spotting earlier in the week I've had no bleeding. So, fingers crossed it's a sticky bean this time! :hugs:

Darling - that was so lovely of you to be so supportive to 9babies, I'm guessing it would have really helped her to feel less alone :hugs:

How's everyone else doing, Pielette, Dr M? I've probably forgotten a few people as there's a lot of us!!

Hi to the newbies :flower:

I'm generally feeling more positive about things today, and had an alright sleep last night. My body seems to have decided 6.5 hours is enough sleep for me this week and I've been falling asleep on the sofa in the evenings! Apart from slight cramping that comes and goes, and feeling more tired than usual, and some minor toilet problems - I haven't really got any symptoms. Actually, I guess that's a few symptoms! I'm trying to feel reassured that a lot of sites say it's after about 6 weeks that you really feel the symptoms kicking in. Anyone that's got children already, can you remember when you felt symptoms from the last time?

I hope everyone is having a good weekend x:hugs:

oh wow this thread has been busy. What have i missed?
How are we all doing?
I dont a clearblue digi today. got my 2-3 weeks which is right.

My god has the sickness kicked in. I have felt soooo sick all day. I never had it when pregnant with my son so its really knocking me about. Im so irritable to. Everything seems to be annoying me. :wacko:

xx

I sorry you lost one too. It is an awful thing to go through. This pregnancy definitely feels different. I have a lot more symptoms this time, but i had barely any symptoms with my son, so I'm not sure it matters. It is weird though, last time with my miscarriage, I never got too excited about it, and kept thinking I will try not to get too excited too early. This time, I am so excited and just have a good feeling. I hope I am right!

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all well despite the dreaded ms!!! I've not had it yet but had a little bit of nausea.

I'd love to get an early scan as I have been really nervous, I think it's due to too much googling, I'm 38 (39 Aug) so worried about my age and also it's 14 years since I was last pregnant so I feel like this is my first time too.

Is anyone having problems having a decent nights sleep?
I'm desperate to get through just one night lol...guess it's my body getting me used to the sleepless nights to come :winkwink:

9babies - I hope all is ok with you, thinking about you! xx

I'm getting more excited every day now, only 4 days until I get my man home!! He's in the Army and I've not seen him since I got my bfp so we can celebrate properly then!!! :happydance:

I am actually officially miscarrying, they called it an chemical pregnancy since I was so early. I am sorry to be leaving you . hope to join you guys again later down the line.

Oh 9babies, I am so sorry to hear that!

Sending you big ((((HUGS)))) and love!

Take care of yourself xxxx

sorry to hear that 9babies :hugs: - you take care of yourself and I hope when you're feeling ready to try again that things go well for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->