Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Just a quick one to wish Darling lots of luck today xxx

We do have babies are us, they are small departments within most toys r us, great selection and they have some very good sales on, uk ladies keep an eye out for the bargains x

Thanks girls. Just got home. All ok with baby. Its a boy. Xx

Congratulations Darling! So glad to hear all is well with Bubs!! I know you were like me with some anxiety about a boy, but for different reasons.... all will be well, I promise!! 4 blue bumps now?

Congrats Darling that all is ok with baby. How are you feeling about your LO being another boy? xx

Pink Sparkle - good tip re toys r us - must check out the babies r us section

xx

Congrats darling!! I am so jealous I want a boy!!!

Congratulations Darling wonderful to hear that baby is well, im sure that your worries about a boy will all be forgotten when you hold your beautiful baby in your arms xxx

Thanks girls. I don't know what to say really. I need time to adjust to the idea. When I was pregnant with Ethan, we wanted it to be a surprise and I was hoping for a sister for Issy. I was taken by surprise by Ethan in every respect. I had him at home and he was a posterior birth and without doubt the most painful experience of my life and certainly not one I would wish to repeat. The midwife at the time was very young and inexperienced and had not had any children of her own yet and she was about two hours behind me the whole time. She refused me gas and air for a long time because she clearly had no idea how much pain I was in (I should have been advised to go to hospital but wasn't). I had hoped this time around that it would be my turn to have a little girl. I am grateful that LO is ok but really disappointed so much I broke down and cried. As I said I just need a little time to get used to it. I'm sure this one will be a walk in the park comparatively. My hormones are playing hell with me and its not an easy subject to discuss for fear of being dismissed as a selfish cow!

Things have been pretty tough for the last six months. Our honeymoon was a disaster, with the children and I suffering food poisoning. The accommodation was horrendous. I was so low from it that I contracted the flu and was very ill for 3 weeks over Christmas and my half brother who has a personality disorder sabotaged my birthday and rang up threatening to kill us. My mother completely refuses to acknowledge he's done any wrong (as she always has done) and told me to get stuffed when I demanded an apology.

Lifes been a piece of shit to us for a while now and I'm finding it really tough being pregnant and dealing with my hormones and Ethan's tantrums. Sorry for the long sob story. I'm feeling really low and very guilty about not feeling thrilled. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment.

Hope all of you are ok. God I hope Shana doesn't read this! What an ungrateful cow she will think me.

Oh Darling, no-one would ever judge you for feeling a little shell-shocked. It sounds like you've really been through it the past few months! It will take you a little time I'm sure but you'll get there. It must be hard to separate your experiences with Ethan from his gender, but I have seen people struggle with girls just as much as boys. Not that I've got any experience whatsoever with raising children (naturally - yet!) but it seems to simply be down to their individual personalities.
The good thing is that at least you know you will be much more forthright in your birth this time round - mums know best!
Lots of :hugs: and congratulations on your new little man.

Aww darling sending you big :hugs: you really are having a very shitty time of it! I dont think your being selfish at all and no one will judge you hun. I really hope that things start to look a lot brighter for you soon. I can imagine how hard it must be with your pregnancy hormones raging atm aswel.

Pielette gave a great piece of advice there in that children's personalitys arent based on their sex they are all individuals. Im sorry your having such a hard time with Ethan and his tantrums im sure its just a phase that he is going through and that he will outgrow them and that its just being made a million times worse because your pregnant too.

Remember that we are all here for you xxx

Also ladies i meant to say in my post about babies r us that theres a great selection on line! x

I meant to ask does posterior birth mean the same as back to back? Sorry if i sound dumb. Ds was back to back and it was horrific compared to to dd's birth. If im told this ones back to back i will be having the epidural, something i have never had nor wanted before but couldnt face a back to back birth again x

Darling, I agree with Pielette - no-one on here is going to judge you. You've been through a real rough ride recently and I can understand your concerns about having another boy given what you've said about Ethan's tantrums. Don't forget this is a support forum, and I think we've all got to know each other a bit by now that we understand you're not being selfish but rather you are worried about how things might turn out - and given your run of bad luck recently you were hoping that you wouldn't have something else to worry about. Let it all out, I say xx

I'm exhausted today, feeling a bit like back in 1st trimester. I had a really crappy night's sleep last night - I think I experienced my first major bout of kicking from the LO at about 3am - lots of jabbing in my lower right side. One of my friends gave birth this morning, so I'm feeling very happy for her.

Oh, and I checked out the babies r us range on the toys r us website. Some great stuff on there and they've got a sale on at the moment! thanks for the recommendation girls

right, it's an early night for me. Speak soon xxx

Leeze im feeling the same .......all of a sudden so tired and my tummy feels so heavy atm cannot get comfy and doesnt help that ds is constantly climbing all over me x

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on here for ages it feels like! How is everyone doing? Are your bumps all coming along nicely?

I feel like i am HUGE!!! But i hope it is normal to feel that way.

I will read through all the pages i have missed at some point, but haven'ty had a chance yet. So i hope you are all good and that the bumps are doing well.

We have now started to look at prams/travel systems etc.....OMG......so confusing!!!! I have a Toyota Yaris as well so the boot is really small, so am trying to find one that fits in! Going to Mama's and Papa's this weekend to see what they have. I like the look of the Sola.
Has anyone else purchased a pram etc yet?

Also i had my 20 week scan on Friday (at 21weeks and 1 day) and ...........ITS A GIRL!! Yay!
So exciting!!!!

Anyway, hope you are all well

xx

Darling - nobody on here is going to judge you for the way you are feeling. It is completly understandable after the tough time you had previously. We are always here for your to vent your feelings and emotions no matter what they may be.
I am glad you and baby are both okay
xx

Hey bernie congrats on the pink bump hun and happy shopping for the weekend yay! xxx

So dh took us for a meal today only a carvery but thought was nice and great not to cook, got there and had to wait 15 minutes for turkey to be cooked, no stuffing!, no cauliflower cheese (mmmm fave part), ds then decides to run bloody riot, i was getting so hot and stressed out turned into a nightmare, hubby ended up not eating all his and taking son outside so i could finish off mine. he was too big for their highchairs! didnt have any booster seats, so glad to be home just wish i had a bottle of wine in the fridge i could murder a glass or three! need to de-stress x

Hi Bernie! Lovely to hear from you and congrats on your pink bump! We're going to be heading to Mamas and Papas as well, we've got our eye on the Sola and I want to try it out. Plus we need to try it out in the boot of our Toyota Yaris... how weird! I asked for people to tell me whether it folds up nicely in a small boot and people seemed very happy with it on here, so fingers crossed.
Pink sparkle, that does not sound like the nice pleasant meal you had in mind! I could really do with a glass of wine at the moment, I'm really missing a chilled glass of rose. Stock the fridge for the day after I give birth hubby! :haha: Although what's the deal with alcohol and breastfeeding, does anyone know? Do you need to have none during breastfeeding as well?

Hi everyone

good to hear from you, bernie. Congrats on the pink bump

Pielette - I think with breast-feeding it's similar advice to when pregnant - ie best not to do it but if you're going to then only have 1 or 2 units once or twice a week. Although once you get to the point of expressing milk then you can express enough for the evening and next morning, I think - I'm not speaking from a place of experience on this though!!! Some of the mums might be able to answer better

Who is next for a scan? I think there's another one or two this Thursday maybe? Or am I getting confused with last Thursday? I've got pregnancy brain again today and keep getting my words muddled - also I'm very tired still!! My scan is on Monday, only 5 more days to go now!!!!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"