cake making and baking - ALL WELCOME

The RFC cake :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 6
Edited - Please read the forum rules

When using BabyandBump, be polite, do not break the law, and do not use The Web Site for self-publicity or advertising.

Hi girls :) stumbled upon this entirely by accident when my thumb hit this forum instead of the pregnancy groups one above it. Glad it happened now though :) I've recently started making cakes and I'm hoping to get a business going. I made my first cake for my sons 8th birthday last month and have made loads since. I'm pretty surprised at how much I enjoy it. I've enrolled on a sugarcraft course starting next month too :)

Jenkins, how did you do the Everton badge. I did a rangers cake for my uncle and hand carved the RFC from fondant but someone wants a Celtic cake and there's no way I'm carving that lol!

Hi welcome ! :)

I did the badge in pastilliage as I wanted it nice and hard as originally I was going to stand it on top of the cake but I had a change of plan lol!

Then I flooded with royal icing, so firstly I used a stiff royal icing for the border then let it dry a bit, then flooded the inside with runny royal icing to give an even finish. Then when completely dry I painted the badge on using sugar flair super white mixed with vanilla, I'd normally use vodka but didn't have any in. It took a couple of coats to get it white. I was originally going to pipe over it with white royal icing but I liked the super white effect, hooe that helps :)

Edited - Please read the forum rules

When using BabyandBump, be polite, do not break the law, and do not use The Web Site for self-publicity or advertising.

My latest cake, please excuse the mess in the background we've just moved house lol!
Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 20
Hi, I have a quick question.
I have someone wanting a cake like this and I'm wondering how to get the blue fondant and the red and white blocks level. Meaning I dont want to cover the cake in blue and add the red and white as then the red and white will stand out. Any brilliant ideas??
https://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/xxnicxxjd/xxnicxxjd001/cake2.jpg

Actually doesnt matter, I just found a tutuorial xx

Actually doesnt matter, I just found a tutuorial xx

Yay glad you found a tutorial. That is definitely one of those cakes that looks easy peasy and then has you sobbing into your apron at 3 in the morning lol

Or maybe that's just me lol ;)

Brilliant cake cottage! I love the Vegas one in particular :)

Can I join ladies??

I'm thinking about starting off basics, and doing just cupcakes to start off.

Any tips or advice?

Can I join ladies??

I'm thinking about starting off basics, and doing just cupcakes to start off.

Any tips or advice?

Hi welcome :happydance:

Was there anything in particular you were wanting to know?

I can honestly say cupcakes aren't really my forte but just because I prefer to do big cakes :) but I'll help if I can :)

Emma xx

I'm just starting out so anything that would help me?

From baking the cupcake to piping the topping, anything in particular I should make sure I do or don't do?

Xx

I love making cupcakes. I like to get as many different piping nozzles as I can get my hands on and just experiment with piping techniques.

Here's some I did in a rose design with a Wilton 2D nozzle for a customer order :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 11
And a giant cupcake...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 13
And here's a giant minion :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8
I am no professional at all, but would love to be one day.
I made a simple giant cupcake a few weeks ago for my daughter's cakesmash, and made a 3-tier fondant birthday cake for her party a few days ago.

The cake is a bit sloppy, but I was working on a wooden table and it seemed no matter how much flour I used, the fondant never wanted to come off. :wacko: Wax tablecloth seems much better to work on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->