Can a smear test do this to you?

oxfairycakexo

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I had a smear test on the 23rd Feb and it took about 15 minutes for the nurse to find my cervix as it was really high, causing a little bit of bleeding for an hour or so afterwards.

AF was due a week ago on the 14th March but no sign (BFNs galore..)

I'm just wondering if anyone has had a smear test and it's made AF late? Or if you haven't had this happen to you, do you have any thoughts on it?

I have had a regular 27/28 day cyle since I was 13.. so it seems strange that the one month I decide to start charting AF goes missing! :huh:

Thanks!! :)

not too sure hunni....cervix being high is a good sign..... i should think the smear would only be like u feeling and monitoring ur own cervix? ... i had to have a colposcopy done at the hospital and i found out i was preg 15 or so days later fx for u hun ...sorry i couldnt be of much help xxx nicky xxx

Oh I hate pap smears they hurt like hell and I bleed everytime i get one. but it never made my AF late. if you are stressed in anyway that can prevent AF from coming but not a pap smear.

Thanks both :)

I had a chemical last cycle which I know can cause this cycle to mess up a bit too :shrug:

It's just irritating getting BFNs and being (almost) 8 days late.. it must be because of the chemical :wacko: xx

Maybe its a combination of both? I am fearing that I'm going through a chemical right now so I have no idea what my already useless cycle will be like next month...

Good Luck with getting your bfp xx

Bloody hell what was she doing, going on a search and rescue for your cervix??! They normally just take a sample of the cells part way up, even when I had my biopsies done down there they didnt go that far, tell her to back off next time!:haha: It shouldnt delay anything, if a hsg doesnt delay the whole process then a pap smear certainly wont! Fingers crossed for you hun!xxx:hugs:

Oh twinmummy, i'm so sorry :hugs: PM me if u want to talk in private xxx

Thanks everyone, i guess it could be both :shrug: the nurse reckoned she couldn't find my cervix :wacko: that's why it took so long! x

I would say to wait a few more days and if you still don't get your AF then test again

Thanks Shey :)

But judging by my chart, i think it's not very likely that I'm pregnant :nope:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d51b9

Yeah your still waiting to ovulate by that chart, must have had an anovulatory cycle.

I had a pap where they couldn't find my cervix, it made me so nervous! After a while of poking around the found it way up "hiding". I had a tiny bit of bleeding but it didnt make af late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->