Can I refreeze chicken nuggets?

Leslie735

Reaction score
I know strange but I didn't know where else to put this...

Last night my son turned off our refrigerator/freezer without us knowing. I bought some groceries today and was putting them away when I noticed it felt different. I opened it up and noticed the dials were turned off. I quickly put them back on and checked the freezer. Everything was still pretty frozen. My frozen veggies thawed some but all my raw meats were still frozen. My question is I have 3 bags of chicken nuggets (tyson) in the freezer and they got a little soft. I wouldn't say they thawed completely but maybe half way. Are they still safe to eat? Can I refreeze them? There is noway we can eat up 3 bags of chicken nuggets tonight. Please tell me I don't have to throw them out b/c we are low on money so every bit counts. Thanks!

I would but I eat all kinds of shite. I deffo wouldn't reccommend it.
Can you not cook them and stick them in the fridge?

I guess I could but this was HOURS ago so I assume if they are not safe then cooking them wouldn't matter at this point right?

What about frozen veggies, waffles and bread are they ok?

Its not normaly a good idea to refreeze things that have defrosted but what you can get away with is cooking them up then freezing them till needed although this is fine with most foods though iv never actualy tried it with chicken nuggets ( have with chicken breast) no not too sure how they will turn out

Whats strange is my ice cubes were still totally frozen. How is it they are frozen but not my chicken nuggets?

Bread you can refreeze fine but veggies will go mushy when you go to cook them if you refreeze them, everytime you freeze fruit or veg you destroy their moleclules.
waffles should be ok to refreeze.

Its not normaly a good idea to refreeze things that have defrosted but what you can get away with is cooking them up then freezing them till needed although this is fine with most foods though iv never actualy tried it with chicken nuggets ( have with chicken breast) no not too sure how they will turn out

I think most chicken nuggets are already cooked or part cooked when bought frozen though, arent they? So would already have been cooked and frozen once already, if you follow me?

I think most chicken nuggets are already cooked or part cooked when bought frozen though, arent they? So would already have been cooked and frozen once already, if you follow me?

These are fully cooked nuggets. So your saying they should be fine then? I guess I don't follow.

These are fully cooked nuggets. So your saying they should be fine then? I guess I don't follow.

I'd say fine to cooking them now and eating them up, but not cooking and re-freezing, or putting back in freezer now xx

Even though it's been about 6 hours since I discovered the freezer was turned off. They are "re frozen" now since I turned the freezer back on.

pretty much yes but everytime you cook, freeze, defrost somthing your changing the structure of it so eventualy its just going to turn to mush :)

I don't care if it changes the taste of them I'm just worried about bad things making my kids sick b/c they are the ones that will be eating them.

Personaly I wouldnt take the chance and would just throw them but iv worked around kitchens for years so have to do all my food safety and hygene exams so im just overly fussy about it all as iv seen what can happen worst case scenario

What about frozen veggies, waffles, and breads and frozen juices. My raw meats were still completely frozen.

Waffles juice and bread will be fine to re freeze :)

This happened to me a few weeks ago, the freezer door hadn't shut properly and most had defrosted. I threw it all, its not worth the risk to me.

I'd throw them.. Meat shouldn't be re-frozen once defrosted.
I suppose you could re-freeze the bread... But personally, I wouldn't

Shouldn't refreeze meat and most other things will turn to mush after being refrozen, so unfortunately you'll most probably have to chuck it all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->