Can People Really Change?

I believe people can change if they truly want to change. I know of a few people personally who have changed for the better over the years.

I definitely think people can change. The majority of the time though something significant has to happen to make them change. I've seen a few people around me over the past couple of years change for the good. I never used to believe that people could change, but I myself have changed over the past year (for the better) and I think it was down to everything that happened to me last year i.e FOB leaving me and everything that came along with that xx

Yes, I think that people can change, but they've got to do so for themselves, and do it off their own back, and truly be sorry for how they have acted.

If they try and change for someone else, it's never going to work.

I think most people could change if they really wanted to, but many people never will because they have no impetus to change - e.g. someone whose shit behaviour is 'enabled' by others around them so as not to rock the boat.

Not really, if you funder mentally are a liar/cheat/angry. In the short term you can pretend to not be that person.

I think people who have 'changed' were whoever they were through circumstances not as a natural character.

Look it like mental health. Some people are not wired right, for example murderers. Some murderers show psychotic symptoms their whole life and go on to plan and carry out horrific acts. Some people kill other in the heat of the moment or even by accident. I believe the later people can be reformed the first not.

Do you see what I mean?

:thumbup:
Exactly this.

I think people can change but they need a reason to...

no one can change another (believe me i tried with my ex) so that indivdual needs to have a reason to change there behaviour...

just in the sense those who are kind and loving can turn in to cheaters...cheaters/liars can change for the better.

I think people only change when they have a reason to. And even then a change can only be temporary. So many times iv been told that someone or other has "changed" but one or two years down the line history begins repeating itself again.
If you aren't comfortable having this person in your life then don't. Don't take other peoples words for it. Ask yourself what reason has this person had to change their ways, and if you can't see a big enough reason yourself then chances are the person is only pretending to have "changed". They will only be able to carry that act for so long, whether it be 4 months or 4 years! :flowers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->