Can someone explain Work holidays to me ?

Rhi_Rhi1

Reaction score
Basically, my oh Gets 20 days holiday a year, i read online that you are entitled to 28 minimum if you work full time :dohh: but when you look for a new job, i often see jobs boasting "23 days paid Holiday" so now i'm confused :dohh:

which is it ?! or is it what ever you employer says you can have, i know its something i should know, but no-one has ever explained it to me and when i worked i jumped jobs so often i never needed to take any holidays x

does he also get bank holidays? the statutory 28 days includes bank holidays hun and this year there were 8 so that would take the holidays upto 31 days so above the statutory limit.

i've not really looked into it either. our holidays used to work on an hourly rate. OH gets something like 28 days though.

Ahh i think that will explain it, thats lame tho ! haha they should totally be separate lol !

I know, I've got the same issue with maternity and holidays in that I thought I would accrue the bank holidays as well as my other holidays but it appears not as I go back before the christmas bank holidays 2012 and get the bhs then which take me above the 28 stat days.

Also alot of jobs count christmas and the week between christmas and newyear into it. My old job was 29 days but 9 days had to be taken over the christmas when the company was closed so I got 19 days outside but got bank holidays as well

Hahah my oh is annoyed because everyone else seems to have the gap off between new year and christmas... he has like 2 days off and then goes back then gets one off for new year bless :( so he has booked the first week of January off :) i feel for NHS and public service workers at xmas! i could never work it! my oh is in IT tho, so thats just lame haha x

my oh is in IT hes ment to work that week but booked it off

its not counting public holidays, mine does that too haha.

i used to work in a care home - no such thing as a bank holiday!

i used to work in a care home - no such thing as a bank holiday!

Ditto, my company doesnt take any bank holidays at all and I get 29 days a year that we can chose and then the 4 over xmas and new year.

we used to work all over christmas and new year! was a nightmare - used to cause so many arguments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->