Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

thanks for the suggestions. i shall try them all LOL! i just want her to EAT! what is everyones opinion on giving a 10 month old KD? she had some of Hannah's when we were out one day... but i made some ww pasta with organic cheese sauce at home, and its been refused :wacko: honestly i think she likes salt.... can a 10 month old crave salt?

oh and pigs in a blanket... i actually bought the pillsbury hot dog roll thingys for Tim LOL. they are like the crescents but made for pigs in a blanket.

ETA - thanks wendy for pointing out the Annabel Karmel site. lots of neat recipes on there. i had looked at weelicious too.

I think as long as you arn't giving her KD all the time then there is no harm. We have it for lunch sometimes.

You probably already do grilled cheese and stuff like that. But grilled cheese is a hit too with most kids.

It may be harder to share meals if the weight watchers food is different, and actually you should be feeding her fatty foods like grains and real cheese etc. You may want to consider buying J some of her own groceries.

Scrambled eggs and omelettes are good things to try too. Or mix/coat her cheerios with yogurt.

yes i buy J all her own food. we don't share at all - in fact tim, J and I all eat seperate meals right now LOL. i haven't done grilled cheese... i just never thought of doing it (i've only just introduced cheese) but i could make one up and cut it into strips. thats a good idea.

oh cheese is great for babies and kids! Dont be afraid of it :D

Peanut butter is great too and the WHO advises they can have it from 6 months now as long as there is no known history of family allergies.

Man my kids had EVERYHING by 6-8 months LOL.... except honey. Don't be afraid Sara!

Elyse has been having hard boiled eggs since she was about a year, maybe a little younger. They're easy to eat and chew... she loves them!! Also hummus, grilled cheese.. apple sauce, pancakes.. loved pastas; homemade pesto, red sauce, etc. Beans are one of her favourite things too (and have been forever)... again easy to chew and stuff.

Pretty sure Elyse had tried everything basically by 10ish months like Joss' kids :).. except PB, then I did PB at 10-12 months.. she hasn't really had honey yet. And hasn't had many tree nut products, and no almonds because I have allergies..

As long as there are no family allergies we were told earlier is better to expose them to things... thats why theyve changed alot of the guidlines. When I had Jasmine they said no egg whites or pb etc before a year, but with Peyton they said give all that after 6 months.

And honey is REALLY good for you and very low risk for allergies. The reason you need to wait until a year is because of botulism. But if you are buying pasturized honey there is no risk of that anyways.

Thanks!

Morning All. J was up at 7:30 (early for her) im hoping to keep trending the wake up time earlier and bed time earlier. Not much planned for today. We can go to EYC in the afternoon if she isn't napping. Anyone doing anything fun??

I would say KD is fine occasionally as well. Hannah didn't have much of it until recently and than I burned her out on it :rofl: but I see no harm in once in a while :)

Nothing planned here for the day. It's supposed to be relatively nice out so maybe the kid and I will take a walk or something.

Good morning!
Had a really crappy sleep last night and I'm not sure why. :shrug:
But both boys slept really well and there was no barfing! :happydance:
Still very loose stool for Simon, but hopefully that clears up today, too.

Joss - I thought that about honey, too - that if it was pasteurized, the heat process would kill off any bacteria, but I was on another thread on here a while ago and one of the posters said that this was not the case. I can't find anything definitive on this online. I do know that a lot of medical professionals (my husband included) HAVE seen honey botulism cases in toddlers, so it may be more common than we know. :shrug: Surprising lack of online info about this considering that we are all warned so much about it, eh?

And some very bad news for my austere and frugal budget: one of my favourite toy and clothing shops just announced a closing out sale. Uh oh. 60% off? Is it wrong to start xmas shopping now? :haha:

Claire still really isn't a fan of noodles. :wacko: If she eats them they have to be either fusilli or rotini. I have NO idea why, its not like we're picky about our noodles, iykwim?

She'll have KD as well, but only if I put very little milk in it so its super cheesy.

Mmmm, hummus. :munch:

Not much going on here. Yesterday was busy and I work tonight and tomorrow night. I'm so bummed though, a friend joined up for Hot Yoga and I'd love to join her (she invited me) but with P's rotating work schedule its next to impossible for me to be able to attend a weekly class. Well, I could. But it'd probably involve Claire having to stay at MIL's for 4 or 5 days at a time which I'm not kosher about. :(

Tiff - I feel your pain on the weekly class thing. It is THE suckiest aspect of husband's job and is really going to impact after-school extra-curricular activities and such in the future. It limits my choices a lot right now.
But I do love the four days off he gets, so I guess it evens out! :)

I forgot, he does the same type of shift as P right? 4 days on, 4 days off?

I do love the 4 days off that he gets, and having him home on weekdays really makes it easier to do things like dr's appointments etc. But yes!!! For trying to get out there and do a class of some sort (which I am DYING to do) its impossible. Bah. :haha:

Win some, lose some eh?

Sarah - I am no expert, but I think now would be the perfect time to start Christmas shopping!

Other Sara - Scrambled eggs and use those frozen spinach cubes (not the giant block but you can buy like ice cube sized spinach) Or I would throw one of those in the kd. Or you could make your own cheese sauce if you don't wanna use the ol standby kraft dinner.

You can make homemade mac n cheese with pureed butternut squash in it, it gets hidden really easily in the sauce, though it doesn't taste quite like JUST cheese... I like it better than just cheese macaroni though haha. I originally got the recipe out of Deceptively Delicious but I've since seen other recipes for squash mac n cheese online.

I also used to mix grated cheese and broccoli or cauliflower into mashed potatoes..

Meatballs continue to be one of her fave things.. I make the smushy kind... nom. Now I want some..

Sarah-- I'd pick up stuff for Christmas/birthdays now if I got a really good deal on it. I don't know if I could hold out until Christmas to give it to her buttttt I would definitely try... or maybe just say one thing for each kid? :)

not to early for toys :lol:

not sure I'd buy clothes that far ahead though just because Hannah would probably outgrow them before Christmas :rofl:

:( that's to bad Tiff!

What day/time is your friend signing up for? I know at the community centre we go to they have some fitness classes at the same time that they have kids classes so I could probably enroll her in a class and than attend my class ifykwim??

Thanks Vickie!

This is a specialized class that only does that sort of thing. Like a Yoga studio? So the class is at 8:00pm at night. That's a good idea though to see about classes at the same time for Claire. I might look into that!

I'm looking but our rec centre doesn't really offer parent independent classes for Claire at this time. :sulk: For PETE's SAKE. :haha:

They won't let people use the daycare on a hour/two hour basis either. :wacko: What kind of ass backwards community centre do we have here anyways? :haha:

:huh: no independent of parent classes at all for age 3!?!? How odd!

almost all of the classes for Hannah's age group now are independent of parent, it'd be harder to find a class to do together than the other way around :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->