Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Just said this in your journal, but will say it again here: huge congratulations, Melissa! Hope Alia falls in love with her little sister. Simon was ridiculously pleased with Tobe when he first met him. It wore off (ie, the novelty of the new baby), but the first few days were pretty great! :)

Simon definitely has some weird intestinal bug. Officially diarrhea now. But not really urgent multiple episodes - more like when he has to poop, it's really liquidy. But not more frequent than normal?
I'm just used to gastro stuff being fairly intense and lots of episodes of poop/vomiting until it gets itself out of the system and is over. This is so sporadic. And he seems fine in between. Really hemming and hawing over calling the doctor. But we're at day five and he seems the same?
If it's rotavirus, it can go on longer and it would explain why I don't have it. But Tobe should have it and he seems fine?
Hmmmmmmm. :shrug:

Joss - I could do that in a heartbeat if I could only secure them in the childproof areas. If I take my eyes off the little twerps these days, they'll be doing crafts in the kitty litter box. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!! :shock:
It's the only way I survive them.
But yes, a third child sounds peachy! :haha:

:rofl: Litterbox crafts yuck :rofl:

Hannah's to girly for that (so far at least :haha:)

I would tempted to call the doctor since it's gone on for so long. If it continues a day or two more I'd probably get him in :shrug: Odd that it comes and goes like that!

hahaha sarah! My falling asleep is completely unintentional and I really can't take my eyes off peyton and jasmine either!

Not sure sarah, Jasmine had a really bad bout of diahreahh when she was 18 months old, it lasted over a week. Since she didn't have a fever or anything I just rode it out, I think I did go to the doctor towards the end, but since she was drinking lots and eating the BRAT diet he said there was nothing more they could do. He also said intestinal bugs for children can last bettween 7-10 days.

congrats melissa

on my way to school this morning Quintin and I were crossing the street and some car had some loud music , quin stoped in the middle of the road and started dancing!! :haha: high light of my day! nearly died laughing.

how did you all introduce meat to your kids?

I need to figure out what meat i can give her... i need to be able to let her feed herself, as that is the only way she'll eat, but she has her 8 teeth so she can bite peices in half, but can't really chew - so im scared to give her chunks of chicken... any suggestions?

I hope simon feels better ASAP Sarah!!

Quintinsmommy - where are you it was nice enough out today to be crusing around with your windows down LOL!!!

Kids have really hard gums... Pretty much any mean that isn't super tough is fine. Shepard pie is a good one, she can eat it with her fingers or a spoon. Just mix up the potatoes/veggies and meat.

Chicken alfredo is good because its pasta and you can add brocolli etc.

sheppards pie is a good idea. i'll try that first thanks Joss :) i would try the pasta but it seems unless its KD she wont eat it LOL. I blame her taste buds on her father!

Funnily enough I think Hannah's tired of KD as she won't touch the stuff now :shrug: :rofl:

I posted in your journal Sara :) (only because I saw the question there first :lol:)

haha sara, you dont think she would eat chicken pasta alfredo? Afredo is a really yummy cheesy taste!

Jasmine is into pigs in a blanket right now hahaha.... but I doubt you guys with 8 month olds want to feed your kids those.

Sarah that's horrible, hopefully it doesn't last long :(

QuintinsMommy that is so adorable! What a cutie!

Sara hopefully the shepherds pie is a hit! Meatloaf is another option if you like the idea of the easier to chew meat!

I think Hannah would tear the outside off of the pig in the blanket and eat just the hot dog :roll:

hahaha im glad you know what it is :rofl:

we use the pillsbury cresents and put swom shredded cheese in it with the dog. The kids love them.

oh yeah we had them growing up :lol: I was never a fan though :rofl:

We tried to give Hannah a corndog but she wasn't impressed with the breading on the outside so really it became a hotdog on a stick for her :huh:

eww ya I dont like pogos... but the cresent rolls are way better!

Helena loves those too Joss. AND SO DO I. I WANNNNTTT!!

What about lasagna? I havent read the whole thread, but Helena loved that as a baby. Or butternut squash risotto. The Annabel Karmel one? Have you looked at that site?

Canned meat? Like tuna or the nastier ones that look like cat food, mixed in the KD!

Oh ya, I use tuna sometimes and make a tuna/pasta salad with it. I use whatever I have, mayo, parmesan, cooked brocolli etc to make a sauce for the tuna and pasta.

Sometimes I use campbells mushroom soup and make mushroom soup rice... It has lots of vit D which we all need :D And it is a good finger food type thing, you can add peas or other veg to it also to make it healthier.

Spaghetti with meat saud too of course. Sometimes I will make it with elbow noodles simply because they are easier for the kids to handle then the long spaghetti.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->