Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

wow simon is a big boy! Good job!

I can't wait to read about your trip, sara! I would absolutely love africa as well so I can understand your disapointment :D China would be pretty sweet though as well... is there any animal in particular you would be going to study or work with? Being able to see the ruins and stuff would be nice as well.

I'm trying to link to the trip, Joss. It might take me a couple of minutes.
Most of the Civilized Adventures trips are wildlife- and conservation-oriented, but they do lots of cultural stuff, too. It looks like this trip will be mostly cultural. It includes a bunch of amazing stuff in Tibet, too.

This is the link, I think:
https://www.civilizedadv.com/trip_pages/trips/2012/CH120914.html

Would really be awesome, im sure :D

My grandpa was from czechslovakia and he was part of the big bata shoe company... He got to travel to some really amazing places through his work. I always admire people who get to travel for work :D I have some cool stuff from india which is probably illegal to buy now... LOL.... alot of cool ivory statues and figures, a leopard which Tom tried to tell me we could be charged for having in the house. I said no because it is an antique lol we would probably get charged if we sold it.

I am a big cat enthusiast, but I honestly kind of geek-out and swoon over everything from plants to bugs to birds to furry critters. Asia has some of my favourite big cats: tigers and snow leopards. I would kill to get to go to the Russian Far East to do a taiga safari for Amur Tigers and Amur Leopards. I'm reading The Tiger right now and yearning to go see that place!
China is so huge that it has a lot of different ecosystems and a lot of wildlife. Huge pressures and a pretty questionable conservation record, however. It would be really interesting to to visit and understand more about it.

Yes I enjoy that type of stuff with animals as well... I really find ancient ruins etc really interesting too. I have tried to convince Tom to do cool trips like Africa or Mexico to the mayan ruins etc... I suggested Egypt once too and he flat out said no :rofl: He is really paranoid about the laws and violence etc in some of those places.

He'd like to go to lake malawi in africa though and swim with the cichlids LOL

Hope the trip works out Sarah!
I love ancient ruins too... Was really cool to see all the ruins at Rome, kind of sad that it wasn't preserved though. The colosseum was amazing!

Machu Picchu was a pretty stunning place. As was Cusco. The Incans were seriously awe-inspiring architects.
I would love to explore Greece and Rome for their ancient historical sites, too.
And Egypt!

Right now, I would love to whisk my whole family away to Costa Rica for awhile. One of my Zoo friends is there right now and his FB species updates are making me foam at the mouth with jealousy!

haha I think our big family trip is going to end up being florida in a couple years... Seems to be the best priced for a family of 5 lol

I highly recommend the Mayan ruins! I love love LOVED Tulum! :cloud9: Originally I wanted to go to Coba, but after reading how you have to be careful where you put your hands while climbing as Tarantulas like to hide in the cracks I decided Tulum would be better. :haha:

Chichen Itza would be neat, but I've heard you can only wander around, not get up close and personal. Its too bad!

Sorry your trip didn't work out Sarah! Fingers crossed you get to go to China!!! :hugs:

Glad you had a great day Amanda. :)

I loved Tulum too! Best day trip we took on our honeymoon

Ya Mayan ruins would be awesome!!!!

I wish I could explore a rainforest as well... They are so cool, I doubt I ever would though lol...

I looked at prices for florida and they have great house rentals for the week, which is likely what we would do. Some of them are big enough for 2 families to go rent! Then you can just go see what you want.

Depending if you want somewhere warm, or specifically Florida as its got Disneyland (etc) a really great place is Myrtle Beach. Its not very pricey, I think you can rent condos and houses that are right on the beach for only $800 a week or so (which is cheaper than the cottage my parents rent on Georgian Bay for the week!).

ya that's what we're thinking too Joss....probably going to try and plan something for next February or March :)

:(
Just got some sad news.
My elderly uncle just passed away. My aunt is in her mid-70s and 10 years younger than him, and has told my dad that she feels so lonely already.
Uncle Bob was a wonderful man and had a life full of blessings and accomplishments. I celebrate him; it's my aunt I feel for. Can you imagine your life partner of 50 years suddenly not being there anymore? :( The thought of husband not being here right now (after 14-15 years together) is so painful. I can't imagine what my aunt is going through. :cry:

:hugs: Sarah I can only imagine how hard it would be to lose your partner after that long :cry:

:hugs: sorry for your aunt. My grandfather passed away almost 30 years ago and my grandma is still going... Must be so tough :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->