Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

:( sorry she said no Joss

The party should be fun. :) Hannah and V get along really well for the most part now.

:happydance: That's great Amanda!!! I'd feel very accomplished if I were you to!!

:hugs: Joss.

Yay amanda!!

Hope tomorrow's class goes well for simon Sarah.

J is a crap sleeper too... fortunately i function well on the sleep i get. I did yawn today at work and someone commented on it... and i said i probably used to yawn more before i had J when i was getting a full night sleep and they agreed LOL

J has been very clingy now that im leaving her 4 hours a day at the sitter. She needs me to be touching her for the other 8 hours we are together :dohh:

Joss I don't know how you do it...I have so much respect for you being able to care for them all the time and not going insane. I'm trying to think of a good way that I would be able to help, but I can't see it working until Joni is older. If I wasn't BFing I would just leave Joni with Nathan for the day and bring Alia to come play while you and Tom went out...but that won't work.
If you wanted to go out for dinner or something with Tom I could maybe leave the girls with Nathan and come watch the kids for the evening? Or I could just bring Joni.

I am going insane though... Like when my mom told me she wouldn't watch them both I came into the house, told her to leave and bawled. I am at my wits end right now with everything that is going on.

Like I swear if someone looks at me the wrong way at work tomorow im going to end up bawling. I can't wait to be finished work again... and I will be glad when Jasmine is in school. I love her to death, but can be really difficult to deal with on a constant daily basis... Peyton is way easier. I could have 5 of Peyton lol

Tom has a union vote on Satureday and he thinks they will be going to rotating shifts which would work better for us. I actually think even straight midnights would be better at this point. The evening shift he is on it just ridiculous.

And thank you for you offer, melissa. You know i'd babysit your kids anytime as well. I know you have alot of supportive family around though so it isn't as big of an issue.

and sorry for not using the thanks button... everytime I try and use it it goes to some weird page and tells me I dont have permission or some bs lol

Well I'm definitely serious about it so let me know if there's a night you want to get out of the house without the kids... I do have a lot of support/help...mostly from MIL, and I really don't know what I'd do without it. Obviously you love Jasmine but I've been around her and I know that she can really drain your energy (and that's only a couple hours at a time!)....so I understand you need a break from her every once and awhile. It just really sucks that your own mother won't even give you a break :( :hugs:

Ya it is annoying... She will watch them for like an hour at my house but she doesn't like doing it and listening to her complain is sometimes worse then just dealing with the kids myself.

I took all three kids out on my own to a play place this morning! I feel so successful even though i know moms of three kids do it all the time. Still it felt good to know I'll still be able to have a life. :thumbup:

Feel accomplished. From one mom of three to another, you SHOULD feel accomplished.

Sorry Joss, that would be frustrating. I'd prefer a simple yes or no... not a no with a whole bunch of nagging after it. :hugs:

Well i've been awake since 3am because tom was making something to eat in the kitchen and then Jasmine woke up and came in our bed and tom let her... so I got kicked for awhile and tried to get her back upstaires and she started wailing and woke Peyton up.

so its barely 5am and im showered and dressed for work already.

Good job Amanda! I struggle taking Anna out by my self lol.
Sucks about your mom joss. Everyone needs a break sometimes.

Poor Joss! You sound exhausted!
I am sorry that your mum isn't more supportive. I don't suppose there is any sort of babysitting co-op or a few other families in the area that you could do childcare swaps with? I've heard that can help if you don't have family support?
:hugs: anyway. You really aren't asking for much - just a small break to catch your breath.

Simon got a hair cut this morning. He has been insisting that he wants it long, but conceded to allowing a trim to get it out of his eyes. He looks very cute, and very solemnly told the lady, "Thanks you for cutting and combing me." :)
Tobe is asleep on the boob as I type. I need to put him down so that I can get cracking on the laundry and some tidying. On the other hand, it's kind of nice to have an excuse to sit for a few minutes! :)
Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Sorry your mom isn't very helpful Joss.

Way to go Amanda. That's a great accomplishment!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. OH is working at the bar this weekend, a friend is having a b'day party I may try to attend for a couple of hours and we have a playdate with a friend and her 2 daughters.

Just got back from Simon's 3-year check-up. He is 95% for height at 40 inches/101 cm. He's been drinking his milk, alright! :)

:yipee: Well done Simon!

I suppose we should get Hannah's delayed 3 year check done :haha: It's not due until March but we should book it so we can get in on the day we have a car

I hope everyone had a good day! :)

We went to the Science Centre with friends today which was fun but tiring :)

Yay for the Science Centre, Vickie!
I can't wait to check that out next time we are in Ontario!

Well, poopy news for me: my Africa trip is no longer. Just a bunch of politics and logistics - but I'm off the trip. :growlmad: Luckily it's somewhere that I have already been (twice), so I don't feel super devastated.
I have been offered another trip to China and Tibet, which is in September. I am mulling it over. It looks fabulous, but is trickier with our schedules. Lucky lucky thing that husband had not already booked that August time off for the Africa trip.
I just read that back and realized that this would probably be considered a pretty nice problem to have by most people. I'm grateful and kind of excited, but trying to figure out how I can make the China trip work, so not letting myself get too excited yet.

Sorry the Africa trip isn't going to work out. But China would be fantastic too. Hopefully you can make that work with your schedule.

Having a great day today despite another growth spurt night. Thanks to my mom I had a good nap and Andrew has been a darling angel all day. :cloud9:

:hugs: Sarah that is a bummer. I hope that the China trip works out for you. I'd love to visit there one day, Stan would to, he's actually never been!

Glad to hear you've had a good day Amanda :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->