Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

You definitely can.... You would end up getting back about 15% of the cost I believe :)

It doesn't equal that as a return, Joss. It's 7k less that you don't get taxed on. I think it made a pretty significant difference when Simon was in full-time dayhome and I was working FT. I don't have that amount to claim this year, but I earned significantly less, as well.
Every little bit helps when it comes to the taxman! :)

I agree! those greedy sheriffs (robin hood reference)

Just got back from the music class from hell.
Simon was so unbelievably bad that I had to leave early. Talk about wanting to punt your kid out the window.... :grr:
No chance I will even attempt to dress shop today. What a little sh*t!!!!!
I'm really really not happy with him. :growlmad:

Ah, it's just parenting toddlers, right?
They have bad days.
This was just a really really bad day. sigh.
I'm frustrated though, because I had stuff I wanted to get done today and now instead of being to do that, I have to stay home. I have a lot of stuff to do here, too, but I'm really not in the best mood about housework right now and was hoping for a day off from laundry and dishes before I go f**king mental and just start hurling crockery and dirty clothes out onto the front lawn (followed by my complete brat of a son! :)).
If you hear of a Calgary mother completely losing her nut on the news tonight, you'll know who! :haha:

ya I guess claiming that stuff doesn't hurt... I just get frustrated because we don't have a high income, but it is like just high enough to get screwed over every year so I end up paying loads back in taxes :( And then I hear all these other people talking about how they get great returns. It just doesn't seem fair.

Sorry simon was naughty, sarah! It is frustrating.

Oh god, and meant to share: Tobe is in that nightmare of a stage where he grabs stuff and wanders off with it and puts it in some secret little place so that I cannot find it for a good four months or so. Yesterday I had to be at the Zoo quite early, so I worked like a fiend to get everything ready the night before and the house all tidy. I got up early, everyone was fed and dressed and ready to go when the sitter got here, and then I went to leave and one of my boots was missing. I searched the entire house with the sitter helping me and there is no sign of it. So I wound up 10 minutes late for work because I could not find the boot and had to go dig out my old pair. :dohh:
It is a complete mystery, because I came in that door the previous afternoon, took my boots off in the usual spot and didn't go anywhere else. It has to be Tobe. He has been getting into shoes and the laundry and the dresser drawers and I keep finding really random things strewn about.
But!!!
I need my boot! I cannot figure out where it could be.
It's kind of funny, but mostly just crazy-making.
I am feeling the pendulum swing away from the third child broodiness. I just want a little bit less chaos for awhile. I'm feeling seriously out of patience for parenting and housekeeping.

Okay, I got interrupted 30000 times while trying to write the above. Half an hour later, Simon is enjoying an enforced nap, I found the boot in the bottom of a toy bin, and I am boobing Tobe to sleep. If I can get 30 minutes to myself today, I'll be able to stay off the evening news. :)

Joss, are you doing your own returns?
You might want to consider using a tax accountant for a couple of years. Our lady has saved us thousands in taxes. All legit stuff, but the CRA doesn't make it easy to find or understand. The cost of hiring a pro often really pays off.

Sarah you can drop them off down here if you want lol.

:hugs: I hope Simon wakes up happier from his enforce-a-nap.

Hannah went to sleep during her enforce-a-quiet-time today :shock: I will have to go get her up soon though or we don't have a prayer for bedtime tonight :rofl:

She has been pretty moody so maybe that's why :shrug: I am almost certain she's not getting enough sleep at night and that is contributing to the general toddler naughtiness

That's awesome that the penguin exhibit is so good :) apparently they have a new one here at the TO zoo but we've not been able to go see it yet, hopefully in the spring or summer :)

Sigh.
Simon did not sleep. But he's contrite (finally) and much sweeter.

Just tried on my black suit and am thoroughly depressed by how saggy and baggy I am. It's not just the old spare tire - I know I can work that one off. It's my freakin' boobs. They are still so huge. None of my dress-up stuff fits. And anything that was post-pregnancy and does fit is not appropriate for a funeral.
AAAAARRRRGHGHGGH!!!!!!! :brat:

Massive hugs Sarah! Could you potentially scour a Goodwill or Value Village? The Goodwill here does 50% off Fridays, which is nice. I can normally find really nice stuff too!

It was a bad day yesterday with Claire. She was overtired and basically a hellion all day. It was so bad that once she was finally down P and I sat on the couch and hugged for a good 5 mins or so. :wacko: P said it was all he could do to not slam the door behind him on the way out. :rofl: Today hasn't been as bad, and she'll have Playgroup tomorrow which always tires her out in a good way. :haha:

:rofl: Oh Tiff, I don't mean to laugh but the bit at the end could so describe some of our days with Hannah

:hugs:

:rofl: Oh man, laugh away. Not gonna lie we weren't AT ALL yesterday but its pretty funny today. :haha:

:rofl: We generally don't hug it out though. We sit on the couch far away from one another and wonder what the hell happened :haha:

Stan and Hannah came in from class and told me there was an accident as they crossed the street :shock: obviously I was a bit freaked out by it though they were fine :rofl: I guess that the person in front saw them crossing so stopped to let Stan and Hannah cross (they had the right of way--cross walk signal, he would not cross Eglinton without it), but the car behind didn't see and rearended the car in front. Oye!! Just glad that it wasn't *to* close to my kiddo (though much closer than I'd like!)

Massive :hugs: to Mommies who had a rough day. :(

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of them cancelling the full-day kingergarten idea. I mean, they JUST started implementing it. :dohh: Talk about waste of resources. I think Kyree needs to go all day too, she's just too busy!
I thought of putting her in FI too, but since P and I don't speak french, and she already has some speech delays, I worry the FI would just cause her to struggle even more. :wacko: So I just enrolled her in english for now.

Joss - I feel the same. I've had my taxes done by pros, and done them myself - and I never get a decent return anymore. :nope: We make too much that we get nailed pretty hard too. Before having kids, I used to get money back - but now that I had kids, which I thought would HELP on taxes, I seem to get hardly anything back, or have to pay. Then again, I make more $$$ at my job but still. It sucks having to save up money for tax time. :sad1:

ugh yes, I hate this time of year... I have to save money for taxes, my liscence renewal and also they included in the notice my vehical needs to have an e-test. Happy Birthday to meeeeee in April when all of this has to be paid by LOL

Plus I get to have a coloscopy for my birthday too. Yay!!!!

Hi girls.

Sorry i've been crap at keeping up with everyones journals. i did make it around today but left short replies as i only have one had, as J has decided she needs to sleep on me now... something thats started since i've been back to work. she's really super clingy now.

this working thing really sucks it out of you - im only in 3 hours a day and im BEAT. and it really cuts into my bnb time LOL when im back full days i wont feel guilty about being on here while at work LOL

well i gotta go cook dinner now :( and maybe tidy up my disaster of a house. Man am i glad i booked a party room for J's birthday - i don't think i could get it clean enough in here between now and then to have people over LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->