Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

Oh joss I can just imagine you laying down the law! :lol:

I wasn't mean about it hahaha... But seriously, I paid almost $200 for this and im not about to let her keep getting away with it just for the sake of her being a drama princess.

She likes the dance class, when she is in it she is dancing and having fun.

:rofl: Oh Tiff, so been there with the in-laws. Though because of the frequency that they see Hannah (which isn't often) I let them get away with a lot. When we stay with my mom though because we are there 24/7 for a few weeks I'm a lot more strict. Luckily my mom is okay with it :thumbup:

haha tiff, I missed your post. Your mom sounds like my mom. I make something for dinner and Jasmine usually tries to say she doesn't like it and my mom will jump up and hand her something else if I don't stop her.

Its annoying. I might sounds strict but Jasmine gets what she gets. She isn't deprived of things she likes by any means.

Here our schools don't start until a bit later... So Jasmine will be having her breakfast before school... and then she will have lunch and 2 snacks. I think that is perfectly sufficient for food :shrug: That is more or less the routine we have at home anyways.

I also don't know where my mom gets that way of acting... When I was growing up I was at my grandmas house alot and there is no way in hell you'd get away with getting something different then what was being served.

Zoe starts at 8:45am. She has breakfast at 7:30am. They have their first 20-minute nutrition break at 10:20-10:40, then go outside until 11:00am. The second is from 1:10-1:30, and then outdoor play until 1:50. School is done at 3:05pm

Do they not have lunch time at her school?? That seems odd :shrug:

I'm not a short order cook so Hannah gets what we got for dinner :rofl: She generally gets choices for breakfast and lunch but they are choices that I approve of and no changing her mind once it's made.

Jasmine usually gets offered 2 choices for snack or a lunch, but it is a choice bettween 2 things i've chosen LOL

Thank god Peyton eats anything haha

yeah I give Hannah her options as well, granted she usually tries for other things :roll:

C will get an option for breakfast (either eggs and bacon or those breakfast pitas) and she gets to chose her snacks. Lunch and dinner is what I decide though. :lol: :haha:

how do you make a breakfast pita Tiff? They sound good

Hannah's breakfast options are egg & toast/bagel with turkey bacon if she wants it, oatmeal, or WW pancakes. On the weekends we'll sometimes do something more fun/less healthy for breakfast :lol:

Lunch is generally PB sandwich with either honey/maple syrup/jelly or homemade mac and cheese though sometimes she eats leftovers, a pita pizza, or every few weeks a nutella sandwich. I really need to work on lunch ideas (and look at those links you gave me Tiff)! for school. Between being sick and just busy the last week I've not had a chance to sit and look (or when I have I just didn't feel up to it :blush:)

No, there`s no lunch. That`s another reason why I don`t agree with the all day every day thing. After 4 years, it`s totally screwed up her schedule, which may or may not be the reason why we struggle to get her to eat...she might not be hungry, where she usually would be.

When I went to school, we started at 9:00am and went until 3:30pm. We had recess and snack at 10:15am until 10:30am, lunch and recess from 12:00 to 12:45, and recess and snack again at 2:00 to 2:15pm, and school was done at 3:30pm.

Zoe`s is what I mentioned above...two 40 minute "nutrition breaks" as they refer to them as, and if the kids aren't done eating after 20 minutes, too bad for them, they MUST go outside for 20 minutes. Essentially, they have long enough to have a snack at each break, but not a full lunch. Most days, Zoe's lunch bag comes home nearly full.

Joss, I'm all over the "get back in there, focus, and participate" orders! I will only leave early if I can see that my child has turned into a holy terror and that their continued presence is really disruptive and unfair to the other kids. Like our really heinous music class on Monday. :dohh:
Brutal.
But I wasn't going to let Simon's fit of crazy wreck the class for everyone.
You know what? He is doing MUCH better in the unparented class. The teacher said he's adjusting really well. So I haven't totally given up hope. Yet. :)

If by "make" you mean "put them in the toaster" then yes, I make them! :thumbup: :rofl:

They are those breakfast pita thingys.... round discs that have musilii, fruit and whatnot in them. Claire loves the Apple & Cinnamon ones. :)

:rofl: Oh I was thinking a pita that you put egg, cheese and bacon/sausage or something in which sounded pretty damn good to me! :lol:

Hannah does better without me in her classes as well :D she's shy still but she listens better to the instructors without me there

For eating, I think I am starting to transition Simon into a much stricter meals and snack schedule. I usually offer snacks every hour/hour and a half (or he's asking for them by then). He is a good eater, in general, but I've noticed that he prefers grazing to a more structured mealtime. That was okay for awhile, but I think as we get closer to school, that he needs to start eating when everyone else eats.

Hannah rarely snacks these days :wacko: I do offer and if she asks for something I will give her options but 9 times out of 10 she isn't even really bothered by it except in the evenings after dinner. Sometimes she'll eat while I'm reading before "quiet time".

Ewwwww!!!!!
I just stuck Tobe on the boob without realizing that he had a mouthful of something (??? it looks like a piece of kashi bar leftover from afternoon snack???) and my nipple is now totally coated in masticated toddler food. :sick:

oh yuck Sarah! LOL

Just finished watching the bachelor that i had pvr'd... and im about to head to bed. Poor J has this nasty cough - i was just googling croup... and she has some of the symptoms... but im reading its often not serious and she seems ok during the day, but its nasty at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->